Is the modern American Republican party a denial of hypocrisy?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Yes the Republican party should never have existed starting with the first republican Honest ABE

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
This is true for every post you've ever made but you will likely post again. You enjoy arguing on the internet with what you think are foolish ideas so long as you don't have to think about making a case for your own opinions. Maybe later I will make one for you.

That's pretty accurate Moonie. I'm not a big fan of doing research and writing a thesis on whatever subject I choose to comment on. Primarily because there are a lot of things I'd rather do, and also because it's not going to change anyone's mind.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
That's pretty accurate Moonie. I'm not a big fan of doing research and writing a thesis on whatever subject I choose to comment on. Primarily because there are a lot of things I'd rather do, and also because it's not going to change anyone's mind.

You said that I made a huge number of assumptions. This implies, in my opinion, that you had the instant perception, following your first reading of my OP, that a number of things were wrong with it. I didn't ask for a thesis or a research project, but for some examples of what you could see were assumptions I made.

As for changing minds, recent neurological evidence points to conservatives as having the biggest problem changing their minds since their opinions get more easily attached to their egos. The latest I've read seems to provide a logical link between one of the moral values conservatives but not liberals place in purity derived from disgust may actually have its evolutionary roots from the way mammals react to the taste of bitter. Did you know that the faces conservatives make when they think about Obama are the same faces rats make when they taste a lemon?

But as amazing and unexpected as that might be, say to the average conservative, I have understood this for quite a long time, even more unexpected perhaps, is that I may not only be able to change my mind about things, but may even argue a case I do not actually believe in to see who can mount a rational challenge.

Truth isn't a religion or a toy for the ego. It's a search based on wonder.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

You do yourself a disservice by not doing any research at all, by not questioning your own beliefs in the slightest. The truth will withstand honest examination, misconceptions won't.