is Russia getting set to drop the dollar and euro?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Answer his question. What part did we give away?

His question doesn't make any sense.

Yes I am. Are you? Because I am trying to figure out what seceding has to do with Crimea being given to Ukraine 50 years ago. Your analogy doesn't make any sense.

I'm trying to figure out what an internal territorial reorganization has to do with Ukraine seceding from Russia?

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
You're supporting someone else's invasion of their neighbor under "live and let live".

Do you realize how self contradictory that is?

I support the idea that a sovereign nation has the right to do what it wants.

Russia and Crimea is none of our business.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
His question doesn't make any sense.

I'm trying to figure out what an internal territorial reorganization has to do with Ukraine seceding from Russia?

It only doesn't make sense if you're a moron, don't understand history, or are being deliberately obtuse. With you it's probably all three.

So again, what part of the south did the US give away?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I support the idea that a sovereign nation has the right to do what it wants.

Russia and Crimea is none of our business.

Great, so you support the US doing whatever it wants as a sovereign nation, such as supporting Ukraine.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
It only doesn't make sense if you're a moron, don't understand history, or are being deliberately obtuse. With you it's probably all three.

So again, what part of the south did the US give away?

Ukraine seceded from Russia.

The Confederacy seceded from the United States.

So please explain what the difference between Putin and Lincoln is? Well I mean other than the fact that Putin has only taken back part of the Ukraine.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Lets put it this way.

If I move $100 from my checking to my savings account how much money did I give away?

Apparently in the Ukraine I would have given away $100 :D

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Ukraine seceded from Russia.

The Confederacy seceded from the United States.

So please explain what the difference between Putin and Lincoln is? Well I mean other than the fact that Putin has only taken back part of the Ukraine.

This is a real warped view of history. The Ukrainians under Soviet rule were a republic. Crimea was given to them by the Soviets. After the fall of the Soviet Union, Ukraine was\is an independent country. Russia had no claim on Ukraine. Russia signed treaties with Ukraine agreeing as such. Your analogy makes literally no sense. How you fit Lincoln fighting to keep the Union together and Russia stealing land from the sovereign state of Ukraine is simply amazing.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
One day Russia and China are both going to get tired of the US sticking its nose into their business.

Im sure they already are tired of it. But so what? You cheering them on to create an economic pact of manure is just silly.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Im sure they already are tired of it. But so what? You cheering them on to create an economic pact of manure is just silly.

Maybe humanity needs a reset.

Invest heavily into gold and silver, then nuke the world back to the stone age.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
This is a real warped view of history. The Ukrainians under Soviet rule were a republic.

Are you suggesting that the southern states were not republics?

Crimea was given to them by the Soviets. After the fall of the Soviet Union, Ukraine was\is an independent country. Russia had no claim on Ukraine. Russia signed treaties with Ukraine agreeing as such. Your analogy makes literally no sense. How you fit Lincoln fighting to keep the Union together and Russia stealing land from the sovereign state of Ukraine is simply amazing.

Ukraine seceded. The Confederacy seceded.

The only real difference is that Russia lacked the strength to recover its seceded territory immediately. Now the Putin has that strength he has decided to recover some of it.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Are you suggesting that the southern states were not republics?

Ukraine seceded. The Confederacy seceded.

The only real difference is that Russia lacked the strength to recover its seceded territory immediately. Now the Putin has that strength he has decided to recover some of it.

Well except for the fact Russia affirmed Ukraines independence. Seriously, your analogy makes no sense. If Lincoln guaranteed the souths independence and then invaded 20 years later. You would have a case.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Well except for the fact Russia affirmed Ukraines independence. Seriously, your analogy makes no sense. If Lincoln guaranteed the souths independence and then invaded 20 years later. You would have a case.

And as I said Russia kinda had problems going on when the Ukraine seceded.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
And as I said Russia kinda had problems going on when the Ukraine seceded.

First I dont believe they seceded. They were a republic within the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union failed. Ukraine because their own nation because of it. Second whether or not Russia was strong enough 20 years ago to steal land from Ukraine is irrelevant. It doesn't give them the right to do it now. Russia also weren't forced to sign treaties affirming Ukrainian independence.

This whole line of secession from you is just bizarre. Get off RT and get a breath of fresh air.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
One day Russia and China are both going to get tired of the US sticking its nose into their business.

Irrelevant, you already said you support sovereign nations doing what they want. Glad to hear you have changed your mind to support the US.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
First I dont believe they seceded. They were a republic within the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union failed. Ukraine because their own nation because of it. Second whether or not Russia was strong enough 20 years ago to steal land from Ukraine is irrelevant. It doesn't give them the right to do it now. Russia also weren't forced to sign treaties affirming Ukrainian independence.

This whole line of secession from you is just bizarre. Get off RT and get a breath of fresh air.

See there your bias is showing. You don't really think some treaty, or the fact that it took 20 years for Russia to reclaim its land matters.

I was unaware that "I was having problems" nullified treaties. I'm learning all sorts of new things today.

Ah, so if country A invades country B and gets country B to sign a treaty that treaty would be valid in your book?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
See there your bias is showing. You don't really think some treaty, or the fact that it took 20 years for Russia to reclaim its land matters.

Yes a treaty matters.

Ah, so if country A invades country B and gets country B to sign a treaty that treaty would be valid in your book?

This looks like another terrible analogy coming up.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Irrelevant, you already said you support sovereign nations doing what they want. Glad to hear you have changed your mind to support the US.

I do support the US, but not when it goes to imperialism.

We are wrong for getting involved in Russian affairs.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I do support the US, but not when it goes to imperialism.

We are wrong for getting involved in Russian affairs.

Now you're going back on your own word again.

Russia is wrong for getting involved in Ukraine's affairs.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
What happens in the Ukraine and Crimea directly affects Russia.

Do those same events affect you or I?

Live and let live, I remember someone else saying. Now you're back to supporting imperialism again. You're just going around and around in circles.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Now you're back to supporting imperialism again. You're just going around and around in circles.

You are twisting my words.

Only when something directly affects the US should we intervene.

Crimea and the Ukraine does not affect us.