Is Q6600 worth $160?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AkumaX

Lifer
Apr 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Markfw900
Originally posted by: AkumaX
Originally posted by: Markfw900
I wnet to the Frys in Portland, OR. They were out of the motherboards, but said I could have the cpu alone for $198.99 (or whatever the change was). It was a G0 retail !!!!!

Number 5 quad coming to a theater near you soon !

those stupid bastards wouldnt sell me the cpu alone for $198. they wanted $299. :|

What store ?

2 So Cal stores

c5guy

Jun 27, 2003

Well -- I wasn't about to get up and go sit out in the cold to wait for anything. So after I woke up today and had coffee and browsed the Fry's ad I strolled down the street to the Fry's here in Houston (Webster) near the Nasa Space center. I got there about 11:30 pm and thougth everything would be gone. To my surprise about 80% of what I had circled in my review of the ad was still there !!! Even the Q6600/ECS deal. I couldn't believe it.

I got the Free A/R Mystic coolmaster case, 2 - 300GB Maxtor hard drives for $49 each, 2 GB of OCZ ram for $20, a sound blaster audigy 2 value sound card for $20, two LG 18x dual layer DVD writers for $29 each,

I was so jazzed about finding all this at 12:00 noon without having to sit in the cold that ---- I FORGOT TO ASK THE CSR TO TRY TO GET ME A G0 Stepping Q6600 and I got home and looked -- of course it was a B3 !!!

Any suggestions on what I might do? Does Fry's let you "exchange" CPU's? Does anyone have a friiend that works at the Webster, Houston store that could help exchange it for me?

Did anyone else get a B3 from the Fry's BF sale today or was I the only one on the planet to not look at the box and check before I walked out?

C5G

c5guy

Jun 27, 2003

Hey - my q6600 product code on the box says SLACR on it.... does this mean it's a G0 afterall??

C5G

zach0624

Jul 13, 2007
Just got my g0s today (2 one for me, one for my uncle) the one I picked to put in my rig has a VID of 1.275 and a auto vcore of 1.215. I got there right when the doors opened and muscled my way to the cpu/mobo section and picked up the mobo and they printed me a invoice thingy for the quad and the laptop memory I was getting for $5 and skipped the 30min memory line and then I sent my cousin through the line to get a second when I saw they had more.