Is Potbelly the best sandwich joint out there?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006
I came back into this thread to hassle the OP some more, but I can't. I'm just too impressed by the communist-style voting choices. They even have the illusion of choice.

So OP, I salute you. Good work.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: Dirigible
I came back into this thread to hassle the OP some more, but I can't. I'm just too impressed by the communist-style voting choices. They even have the illusion of choice.

So OP, I salute you. Good work.

:D I try really hard sometimes
:beer:

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
I prefer cosi as far as chains go. Local places are better than potbelly by far. Some of cosi's stuff rivals the local goods though.

MrMaster

Golden Member
Nov 16, 2001
www.pc-prime.com
Guess I am one of the only one's here who thinks potbellys is crap. I've eaten them seveeral times over teh years...can't stand them. Especially their pickles that are more cucumber than pickle. YUCK!

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
The only potbelly's i've been to was this one in Chicago and that desolate depressing town of Bloomingon, IL.

both were really really good. I LOVED their tuna sandwiches. I wish they'd open one here in So. Cal.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: SampSon
I take it you've never been to a decent jewish deli in NYC?

been to some good ones here in Chicago.

It strikes me that all of their sandwiches are slightly different versions of a reuben.
I like reubens, of course...but every sandwich is corn beef with *
and the * is one or 2 ingredients form the standard reuben.

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: zinfamous
simple question. Does Potbelly make better sandwiches than any other sandwich-based restaraunt?

EDIT: Poll refined--sorry to those who have already voted (including myself) :(

Never heard of it but I'm game.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: DanTMWTMP
The only potbelly's i've been to was this one in Chicago and that desolate depressing town of Bloomingon, IL.

both were really really good. I LOVED their tuna sandwiches. I wish they'd open one here in So. Cal.

No love for Bloomington-Normal? :D I've ate at that Potbelly probably 10 times.

It's certainly better than Jimmy Johns. JJ's has the most boring, tasteless bread I've had at a sammich joint.

patentman

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2005
Originally posted by: nitsuj3580
PotBellys is decent but not the best out there.

Here in Arlington, VA, The Italian Store has some really good sandwiches.

On a side note, has anyone ever ordered the Big Jack at PotBellys? We always joke about who would ever order a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Ohh!!!! Arlington. I'm right around the corner from there. Gonna have to check that place out.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I saw a Potbelly in Madison, WI this weekend...it had recently gone out of business! :eek:

BTW, is it just me, or does Wisconsin suck in general?