Is Oblivion on its path to become a killer application?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com
Originally posted by: Acanthus
Originally posted by: 5150Joker
Originally posted by: pickle965
I'm guilty of getting sucked into the Oblivion trap... I already ordered a new CPU and soon enough will be ordering a 7900GT.

You won't be getting the optimal gaming experience in Oblivion with that 7900 GT (no HDR+AA). Just letting you know in case that matters to you.

Lol now you have prices in your sig?

Good god man, i really hope you at least own some stock or something.

IMO hot deals for vid cards are a lot more useful than listing PC parts in one's sig that nobody cares about.

Too bad your hot deals only happen to list one company my friend.

So? I'm a fan of ATi cards at the moment and so I seek out deals (or people PM them to me) and I list 'em.

You are worse than rollo ever was, the fact that you paraded around the AEG crap when you exhibit even worse behaviour is irritating as hell to say the least.

Hey buddy it's not my problem that my sig. and pro-ATi stance bothers you. In fact I really don't care how you feel.

poohbear

Platinum Member
Mar 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Madwand1
Buying brand new hardware just so that you can run this game at fashion-friendly resolutions? If you look at it in detail for gameplay, and compare it honestly with all that's currently available and has been available in the past, it's not that great.

well if u're upgrading just for this game it'd be much cheaper to buy an xbox360 me thinks. Top of the line graphics and instead of paying an arm & leg u can just pay the $400-500 for the console. anyways, the game is great cause it's an rpg, fps games dont have the depth it has. the fact it has jawdropping graphics is definetly a bonus, but its not what makes it fun.

supastar1568

Apr 6, 2005
went through a major upgrade for BF2.

probably wont upgrade till the next Battlefield game.

All i play is BF2 and CS:source, and my 7800gt handles them on high settings very well.

poohbear

Platinum Member
Mar 11, 2003
Hey buddy it's not my problem that my sig. and pro-ATi stance bothers you. In fact I really don't care how you feel.

jesus u guys in the states can get the X1800XT for $269?!?!? we have the X1800XL for $470usd here in canada, that's nuts. u'd think it'd be cheaper here since ATI is from canada, but nope, USA gets all the deals.:(

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: poohbear

jesus u guys in the states can get the X1800XT for $269?!?!? we have the X1800XL for $470usd here in canada, that's nuts. u'd think it'd be cheaper here since ATI is from canada, but nope, USA gets all the deals.:(

Ive never understood that either, its odd.