Is Myspace down ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
The one thing I have learned is that it seems to be that hating on Myspace is the new "in" thing for many of you ATOT sheeple to do now.

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: Babbles
The one thing I have learned is that it seems to be that hating on Myspace is the new "in" thing for many of you ATOT sheeple to do now.

Haha Totally. I like Myspace because it's helped me get in touch with people I haven't seen or heard from since junior high.

EDIT:
Spelling error.

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: hzl eyed grl

Haha Totally. I like Myspace because it's helped me get in touch with people I haven't seen or heard from since junior high.

EDIT:
Spelling error.

You are totally right.

I created a profile after I moved halfway across the country as a relatively simple way of keeping in touch with some friends and family back home. As a nice bonus people from high school and college have been able to contact me.

Granted there are plenty of asstastic Myspace profiles out there and some really crappy blogs - or so I have heard because quite frankly I don't read random people's blogs, and I wonder how many ATOTers do as well. However all of that is no fault of Myspace, but rather a function of angst ridden teenagers with too much time on their hand. A phenomenon that can hardly be traced solely to Myspace.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Originally posted by: hzl eyed grl

EDIT:
Spelling error.

You are totally right.

I created a profile after I moved halfway across the country as a relatively simple way of keeping in touch with some friends and family back home. As a nice bonus people from high school and college have been able to contact me.

Granted there are plenty of asstastic Myspace profiles out there and some really crappy blogs - or so I have heard because quite frankly I don't read random people's blogs, and I wonder how many ATOTers do as well. However all of that is no fault of Myspace, but rather a function of angst ridden teenagers with too much time on their hand. A phenomenon that can hardly be traced solely to Myspace.

Yup. I think most people bitching are just pissed because they lack the friends to put on there lol. And even though every Sum 41 wannabe emo poser does have a myspace account, there are far more people on it than just that.

mplutodh1

Nov 26, 2004
Power outage confirmed - main page says:

" hey everyone! there's been a power outage in our data center. we're in the process of fixing it right now, so sit tight. -Tom "

Gotta love the heat, I agree though, you'd think they (along with Yahoo) would have better power handling and non-centralized centers. Pretty poor!