Is my iPhone 12 Mini defective?

Noo

Oct 11, 2013
Hi Guys,

I bought my iPhone 12 Mini (Red) on launch day and had nothing but issues with it and was wondering if it's a defective model altogether.

1st issue is that the phone 12 mini will brick itself 100% of the time if I try to restore from a backup (iPhone SE2 2020). It will literally turn into a brick and will not respond to soft reset/restart/etc.. The only way to unbrick the phone is to put the phone into DFU mode and do a complete fresh install of the OS and set it up as a new phone. Anything other than that, the phone will brick itself.

2nd issue is that the NOW widely known lockscreen being becoming unresponsive/not registering my touch. I couldn't unlock the phone or go to the homescreen because it's doesn't register my swipe on the screen. I was about to throw the damn phone against the wall several times because of this. After updating to 14.2.1 it seems to have fixed it.

3rd issue, my iphone 6S & SE(2020) doesn't show up as just a plain gray phone in iTunes. Please look at the screen shot as my phone is gray instead of having icons with color and such. Is this normal?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    22.3 KB · Views: 8