Is my iPhone 12 Mini defective?

Noo

Oct 11, 2013
Hi Guys,

I bought my iPhone 12 Mini (Red) on launch day and had nothing but issues with it and was wondering if it's a defective model altogether.

1st issue is that the phone 12 mini will brick itself 100% of the time if I try to restore from a backup (iPhone SE2 2020). It will literally turn into a brick and will not respond to soft reset/restart/etc.. The only way to unbrick the phone is to put the phone into DFU mode and do a complete fresh install of the OS and set it up as a new phone. Anything other than that, the phone will brick itself.

2nd issue is that the NOW widely known lockscreen being becoming unresponsive/not registering my touch. I couldn't unlock the phone or go to the homescreen because it's doesn't register my swipe on the screen. I was about to throw the damn phone against the wall several times because of this. After updating to 14.2.1 it seems to have fixed it.

3rd issue, my iphone 6S & SE(2020) doesn't show up as just a plain gray phone in iTunes. Please look at the screen shot as my phone is gray instead of having icons with color and such. Is this normal?

Attachments

ASK THE COMMUNITY