Is it wrong to racial profile in this situation?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
isn't this just supply and demand? you predicted a higher demand of just that and so you supplied it :p

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Nothing wrong with that IMO.

Just like there is nothing wrong with the Wal Mart in our area selling Indian cooking sauces and curries, as opposed to a Wal Mart in Michigan which doesnt. Lots of Indian community here, not much in Michigan. Its called supply and demand and forecasting your sales. I think thats how these companies get to be billion dollar machines!!!

But seriously OP, get a degree!!!

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
I can't believe the lengths ATOT members go through to justify their actions/feelings.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: darkswordsman17
I would guess that they'd still get eaten even if it wasn't hispanics. Pepperoni is probably the most popular type of pizza. I can't think of anyone that I've met who liked pizza that didn't like pepperoni.

I imagine he means they're even more popular than normal among Hispanics...

darthsidious

Jul 13, 2005
I don't think there's anything wrong in that. It's not like they *have* to order it.

Imagine if you have a bunch of asian friends come over. You know they probably eat a lot of rice and like it, so you cook a lot of rice for them. Is that racist? Not in my opinion. You're trying your best to do what you think is good.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Syringer
So when Korean people come do you put the dog pizza in the oven, and when blacks come do you put the fried chicken pizza in the oven, racist! :|

That's rather idiotic...

I'm going to guess you didn't read the OP in its entirety

goota

Mar 7, 2005
lol sure its racial profiling. but a pretty lame version of it hahaha

i mean cmon, hispanics - pizza, its just funny too think about it. usually when people think of racial profiling its like, "oh a black walked into my store, hes going to rob me"

but youre just saying you gotta make more pizzas. I find it very funny. ahhaha

drinkmorejava

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
lol, w/e, if someone gives you ****** for it just hit them across the head with a piece of rebar or something.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: BlancoNino
So at work I have to run a pizza buffet. We try to keep a pep, hawaiian, 2-toping, specialty, veggie on the buffet at all times...Well...it's very well known among the employees here that hispanics highly prefer to eat mainly plain pepperoni pizza off of the buffet...whereas the other races seem to prefer a variety. So whenever some hispanics come in (especially a large group) and order the buffet...I immediatley throw a couple pepperoni's in the oven to get them cooking. This always seems to work out just fine...as they get eaten.

If you're against racial profiling...then you are also against what I'm doing.
So if I'm against racial profiling then I'm against you trolling in this thread?

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
HA HA!
The OP works in a pizza parlor. What, no real jobs in your area?

SirChadwick

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
Hell when I worked in a restaurant, it was very common for black people to order ribs, shrimp, and steak.... so I always would suggestive sell those higher priced items to them. When white people came in I would always suggest our salad bar. Does it make me racist b/c I was suggesting items that I knew most would order and enjoy? I don't think so. Thumbs up for preparing the pepperoni before it was ordered.

Lazy8s

Golden Member
Jun 23, 2004
So long as you don't chain down the chairs or cover them in plastic before they sit down who cares. I wish every time I walked into a pizza buffet they tossed in a couple extra peperonis, I wouldn't have to wait so long when they ran out. Sounds like good customer service to me.

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
HA HA!

There's never any shame in holding down a job and making an honest living. There is something seriously wrong with you if you get your jollies berating other people's professions.

Cristatus

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2004
I don't see how that's racial profiling.

For example, there's this one restaurant that my famil frequents a lot, as do a lot of other Indians in the town that I live in. Now, he knows that the most Indians here are Jain, i.e.: they don't eat products that were grown in the ground, and therefore they can't eat onions, so the dude at this pizzeria knows that, and he will ask us if we are Jain or not. Nothing wrong with that.

Ok, it's slightly different, but still the same thing. He know's his people basically, that's what I'd call it.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Golgatha
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
HA HA!

There's never any shame in holding down a job and making an honest living. There is something seriously wrong with you if you get your jollies berating other people's professions.

Jesus never worked in a pizza parlor.

altonb1

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Wait a minute...no one has asked for location and discounts, yet? C'mon, OP...hook us up!

jhayx7

Platinum Member
Oct 1, 2005
Originally posted by: BlancoNino
Originally posted by: HomeAppraiser
No Taco Pizzas?

We actually get a ton of requests from all races for that.

Yeah, what ever happened to the taco pizzas? They were soooooo good. Bring em back!

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I think this is more cultural profiling than racial profiling. Either way, though, I have no qualms with either for any reason.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
If a 60 year old white woman tries to hijack a plane and fly it into the Empire State Building, or a 17 year old black kid in Newark driving a $70,000 car through Newark at 70mph is on his way to bring his Grandma a hot meal, or when the 100m dash becomes dominated by northern europeans, or when pickups flying the confederate flag aren't driven exclusively by white folk from the South, I'll stop believing that racial profiling is not evil.

ruffilb

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2005
Originally posted by: Crazyfool
Originally posted by: Syringer
So when Korean people come do you put the dog pizza in the oven, and when blacks come do you put the fried chicken pizza in the oven, racist! :|
Dancing on the ban line with that one, hehe.