Is it worth getting Sirius radio?

CatKillaZ

Banned
Jul 9, 2007
Definitely make sure you get your car hooked up via an auxillary port. Do not do the RF Modulator.

Sniper82

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
how much does service normally cost for Sirius? Should I skip that Receiver for another or is that a excellent price?

CatKillaZ

Banned
Jul 9, 2007
they are always having good deals with radios. You may want a larger one that is easier to read. The service is about 13 a month.

jjdeltor

Apr 13, 2006
It is most definately worth it; my fee for monthly is just shy of $14. Definatley have it wired through the auxillary port and ditch the rf modulator that was mentioned above. Also do yourself a favor and get an extra car kit so you can move it around a little easier shoul you decide to borrow or rent a car somewhere.

Pantoot

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2002
Originally posted by: GrantMeThePower
is it better than xm? And why? aside from stern

I have both, and I prefer sirius to XM. I just like the channel lineup of Sirius better.

blackdogdeek

Lifer
Mar 14, 2003
holy cow yes it is worth it. i don't even listen to howard (though my wife does) and i love it. i sooooooooooo hate terrestrial radio now.

49erinnc

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2004
Satellite radio>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>terrestrial radio

Sirius subscriber for several years here and can't imagine life without it.

daveshel

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Nope. Their narrowcasting improves over the lowest-common-denominator programming of commercial broadcasting, but they are still making decisions I would rather make and sticking to the better known songs instead of the gems in between.

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
Is it worth it?

Is the Pope Catholic?

j/k - that's definitely a subjective question, but count me as another subscriber who feels this way:

Originally posted by: 49erinnc
Satellite radio>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>terrestrial radio

Sirius subscriber for several years here and can't imagine life without it.

werd.

As far as Daveshel's comment - what stations are you listening to man? I am a junkie for 26 (indie rock), 30 (mainly folk/coffeehouse), 24 (90's alt), and sometimes 21 (current alt), plus the sports stations, including the game broadcasts.

26, left of center, is particularly good. I couldn't imagine life without it. And they play deep cuts and crazy shit just for the hell of it.

Pantoot

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2002
Originally posted by: daveshel
Nope. Their narrowcasting improves over the lowest-common-denominator programming of commercial broadcasting, but they are still making decisions I would rather make and sticking to the better known songs instead of the gems in between.

XM is better than Sirius in terms of this. It seems that the channels my wife listens to (80's and 90's) on XM play more of the stuff I have never heard before where I can remember most of the songs I hear on those same channels on Sirius.

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002
for 40$ ? yes

for any more? NO. i think the quality is shiite, and the programming sucks, too.

i use a 30gb ipod with my car cd player and its sooooooooo superior to radio

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
Yes, but it's not heavenly sent. For example, I love modern rock, not alternative rock. XM fails here. But Sirius has channel Octane 20. Perfect.
But I swear in my 70 minutes of driving a day. There are 2 Tool songs, umpteenth System of The Down and endless Rage Against the Machine.
Hard/Modern Rock is a huge genre, and I am getting sick of these same bands.
And the Korn song w/ Amy Lee, gah that is bad. I hear it 4-5 times a week. Meanwhile I heard Megadeth w/ Christina Scabia, and only heard it once. Umpteenth times better.
And why is Evanescence on Octane? Should be 21, whatever that silly channel is.