Is it true that if you take one hit of crack

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

narcotic

Golden Member
Jul 15, 2004
Originally posted by: Jhill
It's just like fapping. You just start doing it more and more, then the next ting you know you are doing it in public places, your grandmas house, church, school, supermarket, football games, while mowing the lawn, driving, swimming, at work, in line at the post office, while vacuuming, during a sales presentation, sleeping, bathing and even while jogging.

So stay away from it.

:shocked:

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Originally posted by: biggestmuff
Originally posted by: clamum
Uh, no. I'm living proof.

story?
Haha... there really isn't one. Smoked some, didn't get addicted. ;) lol

EDIT: It was actually on a couple different occasions. But yeah, didn't get addicted. I admit I've been addicted to a couple other things at times, but never crack or coke. Just ain't my drug of choice.

All of the above is purely hypothetical, of course.

whylaff

Oct 31, 2007
No, you won't. Not the first time. But, odds are, you'd be doing it with someone who is, and if they have gotten you this far already, they'll probably do it again. And again. And again. And again. Then they'll suddenly stop one day and you will be extremely confused, broke, alone and left wanting more.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: maxster
you'll become addicted and start wanting more?

No, that is not true. It all depends on the person. Some people are prone to addiction, others are not.

Some people can smoke cigarettes and not get addicted, others cannot.

Some people can take heroin and not get addicted, others cannot.

Some people can drink alcohol and not get addicted, others cannot.

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
It depends. You WILL want more, you can take my word for it. The reason for addiction is availability. If you can get your hands on crack without too much hassle, you are a very likely candidate for addiction. If you however, let's say, get offered some crack on a party, and are highly unlikely to be able to get your hands in some crack in the near future, I'd say you could have some fun that night, if you're that kind of person.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Originally posted by: loup garou
once you pop....

The fun don't stop? :D

Lol. There was some cheap candy commercial back in the 90s with that line. Came on with the Saturday morning cartoons. :)

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Originally posted by: irishScott
once you pop....

Lol. There was some cheap candy commercial back in the 90s with that line. Came on with the Saturday morning cartoons. :)

Candy? For shame, it was Pringles!

ManyBeers

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2004
Originally posted by: maxster
you'll become addicted and start wanting more?

Highly unlikely for your first time. If you keep doing it though then you will probably develop a regular use pattern. In my experience crack is not addictive like cigarettes are. After a night of doing crack most people that i did rock with could function the next day with no pangs for more rock. Whereas people addicted to cigarettes must service the addiction on an hourly basis. Quitting crack was far easier for me than quitting cigarettes.
Crack can play with your mind negatively though. I don't know how many times i would be laying in my bed waiting for a bullet in the head. There was no reason for me to feel this way. I did crack with my brother and some friends and none of us even owned guns. Just drug induced paranoia. The paranoia can be pretty frightening so beware. For me the attraction to crack was that first hit of the night and probably true of most users. After that it is ,give me another,and another,and another, until you run out.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Nothing good has ever come from it, in the long run, for anyone I've ever known who used. Why take the chance?

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Cocaine gives a very short lived and very strong feeling of euphoria and invincibility. The fact that it is short lived just makes itself ripe to give high levels of desire to regain the euphoria and invincibility during the swift decline.

When you smoke it or inject it you make the high "higher" and increase the swiftness with which it comes on and declines and so this just magnifies cocaine's very nature.

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
Nothing like putting your feet up after a hard day's work, sitting in front of a blazing fireplace and doing a little blazing of your own. The draw, so smooth. The flavor, unbeatable. One taste will leave you wanting more. Lucky Strike Crack Rocks - the gentleman's choice.

sniperruff

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by: mrSHEiK124
once you pop....

Candy? For shame, it was Pringles!

Ah... right. :eek:

and it wasn't even the 90's. probably just a couple of years back.

but they are right. you really can't stop.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: compuwiz1
Nothing good has ever come from it, in the long run, for anyone I've ever known who used. Why take the chance?

Well, you do lose a lot of weight...;)

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
I would say no... I once worked with a huge hippie... told me his crack story and how little he liked it... never had the urge to try it again.

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Nah..

I smoked rock once (not crack), pretty much hated it, never did it again.

And it's NOT because I don't have an addictive personality, just didn't care for it. That, and the dude I smoked it with freaked out later that night..

Basically felt the same way about powder the 1-2 times I did that.

Meh..

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
..it's a dope dealers dream come true. constant revenue form dopers that think they can quit any time. similar to tobacco.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
It is a highly addictive substance, so I'm sure the first hit is all that's needed for addiction for some people.

BabaBooey

Lifer
Jan 21, 2001
Addicted,no....willing to beat someone up for abnother hit,sure and then that 2nd hit is not a nice as the first and the ball is rolling and your pockets are empty.

Have a nice ride....but my suggestion is don't waste your time,smoke a blunt or make some brownies...:thumbsup: