Is it possible to go through an entire day without farting?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

eyecandy86

Apr 17, 2005
Originally posted by: StormRider
When I was an undergrad I once stayed up all night to finish a programming assignment in my OS class. I then went to my morning class. After the class was over I went back to my dorm room to try to get a couple of hours sleep before the next class. But I couldn't sleep! And the reason was because I feared that I farted in my sleep and I didn't want my roommate to come back to the room with a girl. I was afraid that I would fart in my sleep while a girl was there. So I just layed in bed, trying to get to sleep but my fears wouldn't let me.

I have to say i've never heard something like that before. That's an odd fear. :Q

ghostman

Golden Member
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: eyecandy86
I can go a day without farting. Maybe cuz i'm a girl?

((not talking about while sleeping..i don't know what goes on then))

WTF! Girls fart?!?!

ghostman

Golden Member
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: StormRider
When I was an undergrad I once stayed up all night to finish a programming assignment in my OS class. I then went to my morning class. After the class was over I went back to my dorm room to try to get a couple of hours sleep before the next class. But I couldn't sleep! And the reason was because I feared that I farted in my sleep and I didn't want my roommate to come back to the room with a girl. I was afraid that I would fart in my sleep while a girl was there. So I just layed in bed, trying to get to sleep but my fears wouldn't let me.

Why would you care? Did you think you would have a chance with the girl after your roommate was done?

Landroval

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2005
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt
Only if you're female. As we all know, women never fart. :p

ZV

I missed this in my rush to spread the truth! :p You are indeed correct!

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
The thing is, you can't hold them.

Your sphincter isn't air tight....

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: Eli
The thing is, you can't hold them.

Your sphincter isn't air tight....

Especially after meeting Aquaman! :eek:

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Literati

I'M SORRY.

DOING THAT WOULD ONLY DETRACT FROM THE OVERALL QUALITY OF THIS THREAD.

AND YOU'RE NOT MY DAD.

Maybe if he was your dad, you wouldn't be acting like you need to be backhanded.

eyecandy86

Apr 17, 2005
Originally posted by: 91TTZ

I'M SORRY.

AND YOU'RE NOT MY DAD.

Maybe if he was your dad, you wouldn't be acting like you need to be backhanded.

I think that bus driver should have a go at him.

Literati

Golden Member
Jan 13, 2005
Originally posted by: eyecandy86
Originally posted by: 91TTZ

I'M SORRY.

AND YOU'RE NOT MY DAD.

I think that bus driver should have a go at him.

Yea ok, let's pull the mature card, IN A THREAD DEDICATED TO FINDING OUT IF YOU CAN GO WITHOUT FARTING FOR A DAY.

Just because we're in a thread about farting doesn't mean you have to be assholes.

TOOLS

Literati

Golden Member
Jan 13, 2005
STOP ACTING SO IMMATURE MALCONTENT, THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS, MATURE, AND RESPECTABLE DISCUSSION.