• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Is it normal for a car to just Jerk off

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: aircooled
Originally posted by: Flyermax2k3
Originally posted by: LethalWolfe
Is it a front wheel drive car? It could be torque steer.

Lethal
::smack:: IT'S A CADDY!!!!
::SMACK:: In 94 Caddy's had FWD.
SMACKX1000 Caddy's are RWD DAMNIT!!!!
SMACK BACK. Google + Caddilac + 94 + FWD :)
I could care less about 94 Caddys. EVERYONE knows Caddys are RWD period
Yes, but his question was about a 94 Caddy, period.
oops, missed that part... He didn't specify a model though.

LethalWolfe

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Evadman
Some northstar equipped ones are FWD. Trust me.
I. DON'T. CARE.
Cadillacs are RWD and that's all there is to it. They do have some FWD models but people certainly don't equate FWD with Caddys. When people think Caddy they think "RWD, V8, boat, torque, etc.". FWD is to be found nowhere among them.
So your position is that except for the FWD models all Caddies are RWD?

Lethal

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
I. DON'T. CARE.
Cadillacs are RWD and that's all there is to it. They do have some FWD models but people certainly don't equate FWD with Caddys. When people think Caddy they think "RWD, V8, boat, torque, etc.". FWD is to be found nowhere among them.
Yeah, back in 1950. It's the new millennium, they've made FWD caddy's for decades now. Regardless, none of us are helping with his problem, so rather than argue I will wait for real help to arrive.
:)

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
I. DON'T. CARE.
Well, people are stupid. Some are FWD. Get over it. PHR built a RWD hot rod using a FWD caddy engine and trans for a rear engine rot rod.

Just because you don't want to believe it doesn't make it false.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
I. DON'T. CARE.
Yeah, back in 1950. It's the new millennium, they've made FWD caddy's for decades now. Regardless, none of us are helping with his problem, so rather than argue I will wait for real help to arrive.
:)
I've already helped. Big V8 with lots of torque + 2WD = ease into the gas pedal for smooth movement off the line. 'nuff said.

I.DON'T. CARE.

I didn't know you spoke for everyone else, you are so full of shyt, it's coming out of your ears.

It's people like you that keep my repair shop in business.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: Roger
I.DON'T. CARE.

I didn't know you spoke for everyone else, you are so full of shyt, it's coming out of your ears.

Thanks for contributing to the topic at hand.

Well after reading your supposed authority on the subject, someone had to deflate that airbag head of yours, by the way, that was a fantastic reply to my statement.

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
I.DON'T. CARE.

Thanks for contributing to the topic at hand.
You know who not you speak too. ;)

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Well after reading your supposed authority on the subject, someone had to deflate that airbag head of yours, by the way, that was a fantastic reply to my statement.

What about "common perception" do you not understand? I was explaining the common man's perception of a Caddy. Never once have I stated "All caddys are RWD". In fact, I seem to recall admitting that there were, in fact, FWD Caddys.... Just what in the heck are you talking about anyway? Can we please get back to the topic? If you "own a shop" and are so knowledgeable about Caddys, why not help Twista with his question rather than straying off-topic?

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
I. DON'T. CARE.
Oh Noes!!!
Oh Noes Again!!
OMG! My Life is overz!
St@b me in the face!
You seem to have overlooked the statement "They do have some FWD models but people certainly don't equat FWD with Caddys." Can we drop this, please? I never said there were no FWD Caddys so what the heck is the argument about??

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Anyway, whether it's FWD or RWD it's still 2WD and has a lot of torque so throttle modulation is key when moving off the line.

Your asinine statements have derailed this thread, not mine.

Do you speak for the common man ?

Can you read the common man's mind as to what they think when Cadallac is spoken out loud ?

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003

What about "common perception" do you not understand? I was explaining the common man's perception of a Caddy. Never once have I stated "All caddys are RWD". In fact, I seem to recall admitting that there were, in fact, FWD Caddys.... Just what in the heck are you talking about anyway? Can we please get back to the topic? If you "own a shop" and are so knowledgeable about Caddys, why not help Twista with his question rather than straying off-topic?
Why don't you care to help? You've done nothing but jack off in someone else's thread about something you have no knowledge of whatsoever.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Great. YAEGUOFT: Yet Another Everyone Gang Up On Flyermax Thread
I'm done responding to off-topic posts in this thread. I've said my two cents. If Twista has anymore questions I'll be more than happy to help but I won't be replying to anymore of these "you're an idiot and you don't know what you're talking about BLAH BLAH BLAH DIE DIE DIE!" posts

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: Twista

Dunno squat about cars. Its a 94 caddy which im not sure about the name of the car but im searching now. I think its back wheel drive.
Lethal
Twista, what model Caddy is it? Deville? Seville? Caterra?

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000

Lethal
::smack:: IT'S A CADDY!!!!
There are a whole bunch of FWD Cadillacs. Eldorado and Seville both come immediately to mind. The Deville was also FWD in the early 1990's.

ZV

Twista

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003

Dunno squat about cars. Its a 94 caddy which im not sure about the name of the car but im searching now. I think its back wheel drive.
Lethal
\
Theres the car right there!
than
it looks like this one also
here

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Great. YAEGUOFT: Yet Another Everyone Gang Up On Flyermax Thread
An intelligent person would start realise that if everyone keeps ganging up on him, he must be doing something to deserve it. Maybe you just need a few more hints than the average person.

ZV

Twista

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003

Lethal
\
Theres the car right there!
than
it looks like this one also
here

ASK THE COMMUNITY