Is it just me or do the dumbest of people reproduce?

Apr 20, 2008
I swear, if it wasn't for maybe a couple of my friends who are trying to do the right things in raising their kids, every Effin one of them is getting their 6 month old shakes and cheetos, but too scared to vaccinate them. They let them eat fast food and wonder why the kids are cranky and fat. They are asshole's to them when they need the most nurturing...

On the flip side it seems everyone who had their heads on straight has careers and a life.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
They are asshole's to them when they need the most nurturing...
ss.png

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
And when people with functioning brains do reproduce they tend to have 1 or at most 2 kids while de ignint mcnugget's just keep pumping them out.

We're doomed.

chubbyfatazn

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2006
♫
Been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a TV
♫

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
this is very easy for me to understand as an ex-D&D nerd.

people all get a certain (variable, but not much) amount of "points" to develop themselves; you are unlikely to find athletes who are science PhDs and vice versa.

People who tend to develop their social skills do better on the reproductive side of things and worse on the whole intellectual thngamajigs. Simple as that.

Spend more time pumping iron and chatting up girls, you'll have babies in no time; spend the same time reading textbooks and all your future children end up in the Kleenex hell.

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
this is very easy for me to understand as an ex-D&D nerd.

people all get a certain (variable, but not much) amount of "points" to develop themselves; you are unlikely to find athletes who are science PhDs and vice versa.

People who tend to develop their social skills do better on the reproductive side of things and worse on the whole intellectual thngamajigs. Simple as that.

Spend more time pumping iron and chatting up girls, you'll have babies in no time; spend the same time reading textbooks and all your future children end up in the Kleenex hell.

what about the people who tend to develop their social skills on the business side of things and don't pump iron? you have a lot of assumptions hidden in the dark here. social skills these days are complete shit thanks to "social media"

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Even if it was possible for me to reproduce, there's no way I would bring a child into this fucked up place.

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
I swear, if it wasn't for maybe a couple of my friends who are trying to do the right things in raising their kids, every Effin one of them is getting their 6 month old shakes and cheetos, but too scared to vaccinate them. They let them eat fast food and wonder why the kids are cranky and fat. They are asshole's to them when they need the most nurturing...

Get new friends?

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
My son refuses to eat mcds after seeing 'supersize me' in school. He is 12 years old, 5'3" tall and 85lbs. He plays basketball (4th season, and he is going to try out for his middle school basketball team next year). Not an ounce of fat on that boy. :wub:

<--Proud Dad. :D

Edit-Oh, and he is fully vaccinated.

Last edited:

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
Even if it was possible for me to reproduce, there's no way I would bring a child into this fucked up place.

IMO this world would be a much better place if anti-sciencers, religious fundies, PC nutjobs just disappeared from the face of this planet.

As evil as somebody like heroin drug lord is at least he is rationally profiting at the expense of others, while stupidity is a lose-lose situation.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
what about the people who tend to develop their social skills on the business side of things and don't pump iron? you have a lot of assumptions hidden in the dark here. social skills these days are complete shit thanks to "social media"
you obviously misinterpret the "pumping iron". it's whatever it is that being sociable is in your context. people who are stupid, are stupid to YOU, while you are stupid to them; what is different is, at some point in life, you chose to prefer some choice over the other, because you both thought yours was the better choice.

The OP might not state it, but i understand that when he says "stupid", he means "vacuous"; i take the liberty to assume this, since i observed it too.
But, i went one further and realized that maybe they aren't that stupid, if evolution is a thing.

Ergo, things which boost sex appeal vs things which boost intellect. The two are generally opposite ... because they are. Observation of the fact is obvious.

angminas

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2006
IMO this world would be a much better place if anti-sciencers, religious fundies, PC nutjobs just disappeared from the face of this planet.

As evil as somebody like heroin drug lord is at least he is rationally profiting at the expense of others, while stupidity is a lose-lose situation.

You're really putting a heroin lord above those people? Final answer?

polarmystery

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2005
I think biologically, dumb people reproduce more often than smarter people because the chances of their offspring's survival (IE: Passing on genes to the next generation) is lower than that of a smarter person. As such, the more children they have, the higher the chance of their own genes being replicated instead of eliminated from the human genome.

That's how one of my old professors described it in my Intelligent Algorithms class based on Fuzzy Logic.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I think biologically, dumb people reproduce more often than smarter people because the chances of their offspring's survival (IE: Passing on genes to the next generation) is lower than that of a smarter person. As such, the more children they have, the higher the chance of their own genes being replicated instead of eliminated from the human genome.

That's how one of my old professors described it in my Intelligent Algorithms class based on Fuzzy Logic.

I don't think we need to drag reproductive strategy into it at all. The fact is that vacuous people reproduce because they don't think about the repercussions of their actions. They have unprotected sex, get pregnant, and have the child, because of poor planning more than anything else.

Smart people tend to be goal oriented. They take precautions because they have a goal and try to maximise things that improve their odds of achieving it and minimise things that make them less likely of achieving those goals. Some of these things are suing condoms and other protection when they have sex, other things are spending more time reading and studying then trying to get laid.