Is it just me or do the dumbest of people reproduce?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
I don't think we need to drag reproductive strategy into it at all. The fact is that vacuous people reproduce because they don't think about the repercussions of their actions. They have unprotected sex, get pregnant, and have the child, because of poor planning more than anything else.

Smart people tend to be goal oriented. They take precautions because they have a goal and try to maximise things that improve their odds of achieving it and minimise things that make them less likely of achieving those goals. Some of these things are suing condoms and other protection when they have sex, other things are spending more time reading and studying then trying to get laid.

Bingo. Kids would royally screw up my life right now.

nickbits

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2008
yes and it isn't necessarily a bad thing. you need more people on the bottom to support people on the top.

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
yes and it isn't necessarily a bad thing. you need more people on the bottom to support people on the top.

Except when those people at the bottom don't contribute a net positive to society. They are more likely to commit crimes and be incarcerated. They are more likely to not repay debt. They are more likely to not be a net positive to the gov't in regard to tax contributions...

Etc.

who?

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2012
As men get older their dna gets more screwed up. If you don't father children until you're in your 50s your children are more likely to have problems like autism and schizophrenia. Freeze sperm while you're in your 20s.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
As men get older their dna gets more screwed up. If you don't father children until you're in your 50s your children are more likely to have problems like autism and schizophrenia. Freeze sperm while you're in your 20s.

I'm not sure that there is any evidence that sperm that has been frozen for 20+ years does any better.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
this is very easy for me to understand as an ex-D&D nerd.

people all get a certain (variable, but not much) amount of "points" to develop themselves; you are unlikely to find athletes who are science PhDs and vice versa.

Tell it to Batman. :colbert:

Apr 20, 2008

Who?

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
No, Idiocracy is just an internet meme to be repeated by internet nerds insecure about their lack of sexual experience. Even at its most truthful the concept is generally used just to denigrate poor migrants from other cultures.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I'm dumb and I'm not having kids, so there. :colbert:

KT

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
I swear, if it wasn't for maybe a couple of my friends who are trying to do the right things in raising their kids, every Effin one of them is getting their 6 month old shakes and cheetos, but too scared to vaccinate them. They let them eat fast food and wonder why the kids are cranky and fat. They are asshole's to them when they need the most nurturing...

On the flip side it seems everyone who had their heads on straight has careers and a life.

Yes, the stupid and low quality Gene pool is growing. The problem is In the US it is very punitive for smart people to have children, VS stupid people get all kinds of incentives by the US to keep having children.

So we practice Dysgenic's in the US by rewarding the halfwits every time they have children, and punishing the fullwits when they have children.

GreenGhost

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I don't know what's worse, those people of that other race, those people who speak that other language, or those people who believe that other religion. (you know the ones I'm talking about) All of them are bringing down society, in general... Ohh and don't get me started on people from that other country.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
I don't know what's worse, those people of that other race, those people who speak that other language, or those people who believe that other religion. (you know the ones I'm talking about) All of them are bringing down society, in general... Ohh and don't get me started on people from that other country.

Not to mention those from that other forum :eek: