is it illegal to drive barefoot?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
I drive barefooted quite a bit and when I have shoes on I often slip them off and drive with socks on. I hate wearing shoes and only do so for work, walking and yard work. If you come over to my house I am always bare footed or have only socks on my feet. First thing I do when I get home is kick off my shoes.

I sleep naked also...In case anyone is interested.:D

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
I drive barefooted quite a bit and when I have shoes on I often slip them off and drive with socks on. I hate wearing shoes and only do so for work, walking and yard work. If you come over to my house I am always bare footed or have only socks on my feet. First thing I do when I get home is kick off my shoes.

I sleep naked also...In case anyone is interested.:D

LOL. Nope, but thanks for sharing! Hehehe

TheHeartless

May 27, 2003
i like to drive bare-footed...well with socks anyways...its different, and i can control my car with just my big toe......i shouldn't do it, but i do anyways... :p

The_Dude8

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2000
Originally posted by: Cooljt1
how do girls with high heels drive then?

they wear a tennis shoe on the right foot and the high heel on the left foot. didnt u see the buick car commercial?

NinjaGnome

Platinum Member
Jul 21, 2001
I like driving with my socks on, I always wear shoes everywhere cause i dont like to get my socks dirty. When I clean out my car i drive with socks for a while. I am almost never barefoot though, Ill have sex with just my socks on :beer::D

ChefJoe

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2002
In the state of ohio, you cannot... probably related to getting something pinched in the pedals.

I used to take short trips (post office, ATM, etc.) barefoot. However, I stopped doing that after I had to go into the bank barefoot when the ATM gave me $20 less than I typed in. :(

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: aphex
Originally posted by: conjur
Why would you want to?

I did it once just moving a car out of a driveway to let someone out. I didn't like the feel of the pedals under my bare foot. Didn't feel like I could push them down as hard or as quickly as when wearing shoes.

I walk around barefoot alot, and took a drive today to run a quick errand barefoot.... didnt know the legality of it.
Sandals... like the outdoors kind... that's a quick slip-on... did you walk to your car outside (or in the garage) barefoot too ?

TheCorm

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2000
Originally posted by: GhettoFob
Originally posted by: redly1
The real question is...Is it legal to steer your car with your penis??

I sure hope it's legal.

Legal?...maybe....Painful?....I would have thought so....especially without power steering...imagine trying to parallel park.