Is Donald Trump incompetent or is that an accomplished act of malovelence?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
We have no idea what those indictments are for. i would be interested to know however if only for curiousity's sake.

The realistic thing of it is... probably most of the folks in DC ignore FARA from what i have read. Tax evasion is an art form for the elite. The only difference between Manafort and others was that he was made an example of. half the folks in DC probably would be subject to blackmail for this alone. Do we have a working Republic if so many people are blackmailable? How many congress people were found on Ashley Madison?

Why have people be busted for lying? Because people are filthy in their hearts by nature.

Both Sides! With bonus reference to Ashley Madison!

Reactions: DarthKyrie

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Dude is a retard trust fund baby. He tricked some low iq factory workers he was the ticket.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
So, Arkancide, some weird Indonesian conspiracy theory & the divine hand of God in the same post.

And God obviously wanted Trump to be President, right?
I know the parable of god speaking through the burning bush, but I'm pretty sure they didn't mean gonorrhea.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Are you serious? i had a friend that is a bit of the investigative type. He decided he'd go down to Arkansas and sniff around with regards to the Clintons just to see if what he had read was true. i think it was around Mena. The gist of what he was told when he was down there was that it would be recommended that he should stop if he valued his life.

i myself have an uncle... pastor of one of the largest Christian Churches in Indonesia. One of his parishioners belongs to the Riady family. This family is head of the Lippo Group in Indonesia (there are a lot of very prosperous overseas Chinese in Indonesia - owners of very large firms). Unfortunately this guy got entangled with the Clintons :(

That's my personal extent of knowing anecdotally about the Clintons from first hand sources. It isn't pretty.

Frankly, i cannot believe that the Dems would push yet another Clinton on the American people. The same went for the Bushes on the R side. Clinton went on to win the nomination by cheating Sanders. The R's tried to cheat Trump as well but failed. Trump wins despite all opposition. i can understand why some people think it was a totally unlikely outcome.

i see it as a miracle really. The country chose rightly, and we dodged a bullet.

PS: everyone has their place as tools to cause certain effects. The reason Obama had to win is as follows:

1) in 2008 he played his divine part in preventing Hillary (and McCain, both warmongers) from being President.

2) while he was in talked a lot but did virtually nothing, so served as a good doorstop/placeholder while Hillary aged.

3) did his part in being arrogant and cocky enough to piss Trump off at the White House Correspondents Association Dinner in 2011. This was a divine appointment - Trump would not have run one term later had this not happened.

4) served as a placeholder for a second term while Hillary kept on aging.

5) Was incompetent in a good way in that he did nothing of consequence, and did not harm things in ways that could not be reversed while he was a placeholder - basically disappointing the Dem party a decent amount in prep for 2016.

6) which then ended up... Giving us Trump, who yet again pushed Hillary aside so that she could keep on running out of years
1f642.png
:)

That is pretty much the bottom line as far as i am concerned.

I didn’t know it was possible to squeeze so much bullshit into one post. Beautifully done, more impressive than slowspyder’s tired act for sure.

rvborgh

Apr 16, 2014
A lot of folks here are funny :)

Trump is going to turn out to be the most competent President we've had in probably 30+ years. We are currently in the process of revamping our entire trading relationship with China to tilt things back in favor of the US. Tossed NAFTA and negotiated USMCA. Soon a new deal with Europe and the UK. All much more fairer to the US. Imagine that! A President that puts American people first :) And yet you folks are weeping :) The man is too fast for you folks despite your disparagements and mockery.

Meanwhile the US economy is humming along even during this time of short term uncertainty while we get these trade arrangements fixed at around double the rate of Obama's administration. 300,000+ jobs gained last month. Resurgence in manufacturing, etc. Once our trade deals get straightened out... things are really going to be humming... and its only been about two years :)

The US has amazing potential as a country. For some reason it has been held back :( Now its in the process of being unleashed. Currently in the clean up phase. Next phase is rebuilding (currently happening with the military). Once all these messes left by previous administrations are cleaned up, hang on to your hats... this country is going to be a rocketship economically.

I imagine that a lot of folks will still be coming to this bulletin board to gripe about his incompetency even then though :) Hope i am wrong :) Have a nice day folks :) And thanks for reasonably civil conversation.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Trump is going to turn out to be the most competent President we've had in probably 30+ years. We are currently in the process of revamping our entire trading relationship with China to tilt things back in favor of the US. Tossed NAFTA and negotiated USMCA. Soon a new deal with Europe and the UK. All much more fairer to the US. Imagine that! A President that puts American people first :) And yet you folks are weeping :) The man is too fast for you folks despite your disparagements and mockery.

Meanwhile the US economy is humming along even during this time of short term uncertainty while we get these trade arrangements fixed at around double the rate of Obama's administration. 300,000+ jobs gained last month. Resurgence in manufacturing, etc. Once our trade deals get straightened out... things are really going to be humming... and its only been about two years :)

The US has amazing potential as a country. For some reason it has been held back :( Now its in the process of being unleashed. Currently in the clean up phase. Next phase is rebuilding (currently happening with the military). Once all these messes left by previous administrations are cleaned up, hang on to your hats... this country is going to be a rocketship economically.

I imagine that a lot of folks will still be coming to this bulletin board to gripe about his incompetency even then though :) Hope i am wrong :) Have a nice day folks :) And thanks for reasonably civil conversation.

Wow! That's a quality troll post right there.

If I play the lotto and lose, in your reality did I really win? Or is the opposite of truth in your reality only apply to trump and Republicans?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Jesus Fucking Christ.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017

Tell your "friend" hello.

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Trump didn't run to be popular. He ran because the country was being terribly mismanaged for the past 30 years. He did not want to run. He tried to help people get into office that he thought would help fix things. It didn't work. Finally he got fed up and went the DIY route. He went in as a total political neophyte to beat 17 other pros, and then to beat the Hillary machine. People can think he is stupid, dumb, low IQ, talking at the same level as a 3rd grader, but he's obviously doing something that works because *he is there* sitting in the White House - still driving liberals/progressives out of their wits.

i am not worried about Trump. i'm worried about all the folks that have Trump Derangement Syndrome, not being able to accept Mueller coming out with a report exonerating the President from this so called Russian Collusion theory. They are too invested mentally in it... they won't be able to accept it unfortunately... they are mentally locked up :(

You have no idea what a despot is... try living under martial law... or having red guards after you...

Trump isn't going to be impeached or arrested or any of that. He's going to be in for two terms.

Look at what's happening... fundamentals of the economy are doing well. Very low unemployment. Manufacturing jobs picking up. ISIS is being destroyed in that one last tiny little pocket at the Iraqi/Syrian border. North and South Korea are taking baby steps at reunification, etc. i have Never Trump friends that are even starting to wake up and realize that they are doing better now than they were before.
Gasping for air between laughs.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Are you serious? i had a friend that is a bit of the investigative type. He decided he'd go down to Arkansas and sniff around with regards to the Clintons just to see if what he had read was true. i think it was around Mena. The gist of what he was told when he was down there was that it would be recommended that he should stop if he valued his life.

i myself have an uncle... pastor of one of the largest Christian Churches in Indonesia. One of his parishioners belongs to the Riady family. This family is head of the Lippo Group in Indonesia (there are a lot of very prosperous overseas Chinese in Indonesia - owners of very large firms). Unfortunately this guy got entangled with the Clintons :(

That's my personal extent of knowing anecdotally about the Clintons from first hand sources. It isn't pretty.

Frankly, i cannot believe that the Dems would push yet another Clinton on the American people. The same went for the Bushes on the R side. Clinton went on to win the nomination by cheating Sanders. The R's tried to cheat Trump as well but failed. Trump wins despite all opposition. i can understand why some people think it was a totally unlikely outcome.

i see it as a miracle really. The country chose rightly, and we dodged a bullet.

PS: everyone has their place as tools to cause certain effects. The reason Obama had to win is as follows:

1) in 2008 he played his divine part in preventing Hillary (and McCain, both warmongers) from being President.

2) while he was in talked a lot but did virtually nothing, so served as a good doorstop/placeholder while Hillary aged.

3) did his part in being arrogant and cocky enough to piss Trump off at the White House Correspondents Association Dinner in 2011. This was a divine appointment - Trump would not have run one term later had this not happened.

4) served as a placeholder for a second term while Hillary kept on aging.

5) Was incompetent in a good way in that he did nothing of consequence, and did not harm things in ways that could not be reversed while he was a placeholder - basically disappointing the Dem party a decent amount in prep for 2016.

6) which then ended up... Giving us Trump, who yet again pushed Hillary aside so that she could keep on running out of years
1f642.png
:)

That is pretty much the bottom line as far as i am concerned.
Fun with anecdotes, now I see.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
We have no idea what those indictments are for. i would be interested to know however if only for curiousity's sake.

The realistic thing of it is... probably most of the folks in DC ignore FARA from what i have read. Tax evasion is an art form for the elite. The only difference between Manafort and others was that he was made an example of. half the folks in DC probably would be subject to blackmail for this alone. Do we have a working Republic if so many people are blackmailable? How many congress people were found on Ashley Madison?

Why have people be busted for lying? Because people are filthy in their hearts by nature.
So now its "There all bad so Trump gets a pass".

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
You would think that would have been a bigger story during the election, that people attempting to investigate the Clintons were being threatened with murder. What’s also weird is that the Clintons are some of the most heavily investigated people in history yet we don’t seem to have all these journalists getting murdered.
We all know Vince was no accident. /s

rvborgh

Apr 16, 2014
so its been some months... are you still laughing?

i wrote:

"i am not worried about Trump. i'm worried about all the folks that have Trump Derangement Syndrome, not being able to accept Mueller coming out with a report exonerating the President from this so called Russian Collusion theory. They are too invested mentally in it... they won't be able to accept it unfortunately... they are mentally locked up :( "

Was i wrong? :)

Have folks that were mocking my posts finally realized that there was no Russian collusion :)

Gasping for air between laughs.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Have folks that were mocking my posts finally realized that there was no Russian collusion :)

Do you make such a statement, knowing full well that there was a meeting with Russians INSIDE Trump Tower regarding the election?

Of all the campaign managers and advisors with ties to the Kremlin, that particular instance is the icing on the cake.

Jan 25, 2011
so its been some months... are you still laughing?

i wrote:

"i am not worried about Trump. i'm worried about all the folks that have Trump Derangement Syndrome, not being able to accept Mueller coming out with a report exonerating the President from this so called Russian Collusion theory. They are too invested mentally in it... they won't be able to accept it unfortunately... they are mentally locked up :( "

Was i wrong? :)

The testimony from Mueller yesterday was literally that Trump was in no way exonerated.

And you question others mental fitness?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The testimony from Mueller yesterday was literally that Trump was in no way exonerated.

And you question others mental fitness?

It’s weird that these people are so divorced from reality that even when the special counsel details his felonies under oath they are still trying to argue his innocence.

TDS is a real thing, it’s just that Trump supporters are the deranged ones.

rvborgh

Apr 16, 2014
Its very interesting... going by the posts here... it certainly seems that i am not wrong. A lot of folks here are *still* stuck on Russian collusion even though the Mueller report came out and said that nobody in the campaign engaged in it. i think i'll come back to revisit this again in another 6 months.

Now they have switched to something else... obstruction.

There were no felonies...

Here's what Mueller actually said yesterday (corrected his previous account):

“As we say in the report and as I said at the opening, we did not reach a determination as to whether the president committed a crime.”

Why can't people accept that?

No folks like me are not deranged. Firmly based in reality that Trump has won. There isn't going to be any impeachment. No imaginary collusion happened, and Mueller did not (or could not?) reach a determination that the President committed a crime. People like me believe in the presumption of innocence. If the government could not prove any crime committed (even after 30 million was spent looking into things), then the man is innocent until proven guilty.

He's going to go on an win 2020 in a landslide.

A lot of people are going to be gnashing their teeth here.

I think i'll revisit this in 6 months.

It’s weird that these people are so divorced from reality that even when the special counsel details his felonies under oath they are still trying to argue his innocence.

TDS is a real thing, it’s just that Trump supporters are the deranged ones.

Last edited:

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
Its very interesting... going by the posts here... it certainly seems that i am not wrong. A lot of folks here are *still* stuck on Russian collusion even though the Mueller report came out and said that nobody in the campaign engaged in it. i think i'll come back to revisit this again in another 6 months.

“As we say in the report and as I said at the opening, we did not reach a determination as to whether the president committed a crime.”

No folks like me are not deranged. Firmly based in reality that Trump has won. There isn't going to be any impeachment. No imaginary collusion happened, and Mueller did not (or could not?) reach a determination that the President committed a crime. People like me believe in the presumption of innocence. If the government could not prove any crime committed (even after 30 million was spent looking into things), then the man is innocent until proven guilty.

Prime example of Trump Dick Sucking!

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

That is obviously, provably false. The Mueller report said it did not examine collusion because collusion is not a legal term, it examined criminal conspiracy. As for collusion in the colloquial sense Volume 1 lays out extensive evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government/its intermediaries. You can read it yourself, right now.

What Mueller did say is that he could not prove the collusion between Trump's campaign and the Russian government to the level where he could successfully charge a criminal conspiracy, but that this was also impeded by the obstruction of justice in volume 2 and the constant lies told by the Trump campaign about their interactions with the Russians.

Have you even bothered to read the report or do you get all your information from right wing media?

"We did not reach a determination as to whether the president committed a crime."

It seems pretty obvious from the rest of your post that you did not understand what Mueller was saying. He was saying that they purposefully chose not to make that determination either way because they couldn't indict Trump even if they did determine he committed a crime. It had zero to do with if there was enough evidence to charge him. If you read the report after all, it's pretty obvious there was.

No folks like me are not deranged. Firmly based in reality that Trump has won. There isn't going to be any impeachment. No imaginary collusion happened, and Mueller did not (or could not?) reach a determination that the President committed a crime. People like me believe in the presumption of innocence. If the government could not prove any crime committed, then the man is innocent until proven guilty.

You are living in a fantasy land of extreme right wing delusion.

Mueller's report very clearly lays out collusion between Trump's campaign and the Russian government and/or its intermediaries. You can go read it yourself, right this minute.

Mueller's report very clearly states that they chose not to make a determination about whether or not Trump committed a crime because they could not indict him even if he had. You can go read it right now, this minute. If you do go read Volume 2 on obstruction you'll see that Mueller states there is 'substantial evidence' that Trump fulfilled all three elements required for a felony obstruction of justice charge on multiple occasions.

This is reality, whether you like it or not. Your Trump Derangement Syndrome is so strong that you've concocted an alternate reality where a report that lists large amounts of damning evidence for extensive criminal activity by Trump somehow does the exact opposite. I hope you're able to recover and get back in touch with the real world at some point.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

It never said such a thing. Obviously, you didn't read it.