Is canned chicken healthy enough to eat every day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog13

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2002
See title.

I am weary of eating tuna every day, due to Mercury and the fact that I need two regular cans to fill me up.

I have long since given up food taste as a source of pleasure, so canned chicken does fine for me. Canned chicken + lettuce + some veggies + dressing for lunch.

Is it ok to eat every day, the brand is chicken of the sea.

Thanks
-bull

Kipper

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2000
See title.

I am weary of eating tuna every day, due to Mercury and the fact that I need two regular cans to fill me up.

I have long since given up food taste as a source of pleasure, so canned chicken does fine for me. Canned chicken + lettuce + some veggies + dressing for lunch.

Thanks
-bull

Tuna - the "chunk light" type, is relatively immature fish so it is lower than mercury. That said, still not good to eat too much since it is a predatory fish.

Canned chicken tends to be high in salt so that + dressing could put you over 1000 mg for that meal alone. Besides that, not really a problem.

Might I suggest canned sardines? You get a bit of DHA + calcium + lean fish + low mercury + generally, somewhat low sodium (about ~200-300 mg/can).

Mar 22, 2002
You can preemptively cook chicken and make your own chicken salad. It's wayyy better, lower in sodium, and better for you.

McWatt

Feb 25, 2010
See title.

Thanks
-bull

Guys, I think this is a joke thread. Note that the brand of "chicken" he wants to use to replace his canned tuna is "Chicken of the Sea," which does not include chicken in any form in its product line. They only make canned seafood, mostly tuna.

I think he was trying to make a reference to Jessica Simpson, who was widely ridiculed for thinking that Chicken of the Sea was actually chicken.

masterxfob

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Guys, I think this is a joke thread. Note that the brand of "chicken" he wants to use to replace his canned tuna is "Chicken of the Sea," which does not include chicken in any form in its product line. They only make canned seafood, mostly tuna.

I think he was trying to make a reference to Jessica Simpson, who was widely ridiculed for thinking that Chicken of the Sea was actually chicken.
lol :oops:

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
wtf? are you a zombie? canned anything tastes like shit.
Ever watch No Reservations? He went to Spain, and they have gourmet canned seafood there. 1 tin can cost 120 euros. They can them right there, and it actually improves the flavor and texture of some fish. Conclusion: Not all canned goods are created equal.

Kipper

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2000
Ever watch No Reservations? He went to Spain, and they have gourmet canned seafood there. 1 tin can cost 120 euros. They can them right there, and it actually improves the flavor and texture of some fish. Conclusion: Not all canned goods are created equal.

That's probably caviar...which in my humble opinion is also garbage (and also high in cholesterol/sodium :p).

Last edited:

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.