Iran has seized 2 tankers in the Strait of Hormuz, one British one Liberian

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Well, this will escalate quickly I fear. Iran has seized 2 tankers this afternoon.

The attack on shipping is, effectively, to close the Strait of Hormuz.

This is a red line we must respond with by violent force. All Iranian vessels in international waters must be destroyed on sight.

Piracy on the high seas should mean we kill the pirates.

Reactions: s0me0nesmind1

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

This is a red line we must respond with by violent force. All Iranian vessels in international waters must be destroyed on sight.

We took something of theirs now they took something of ours.

This isn't closing the strait.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
The sad reality of this situation with Iran is that what is happening now is the result of Traitorious D's obsession with wiping out every single one of Obama's achievements to get revenge for the humiliation Obama dropped on his sorry ass at the White House Press Correspondent's Dinner. Word now is that the Angry Orange Asshole wants a deal with Iran and would even take the same deal, he just wants his name on it. This asshole is fucking with Iran to get revenge on Obama which means that we are the ones who have been spoiling for a fight in hopes of forcing them into a deal.

Everything he does is for the wrong reasons. Everything. He's a fucking Turd Midas.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Do you have something against the rule of law?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Gawd. Literally dozens of ships per day pass thru the strait. Iran hasn't "attacked" any of them, unless you're a believer in Bolton's contrived Neocon propaganda. What Iran has done so far obviously isn't an attempt to close the strait or a reason to attack them.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014

Wow, a conservative's wet dream of a response. It has explosions, violence, ships sinking, people being blown to bits or drowning, massive pollution from the tankers we would blow up...

Is your name John Bolton?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Do you have something against the rule of law?

I have something against acts of war against us and our allies.

I cannot believe you would cower in response to Iran bombing tankers, shooting down a drone, and now attacking 3 tankers. (The Brits successfully protected one the other day). These acts of violence in the Strait of Hormuz are going to raise costs and reduce volume. Who can guarantee safe passage? Do you want to sail those waters?

It is past time we destroy these Iranian military assets. They are acting as pirates on the high seas, and should be attacked as such.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
You have no idea what it would take for us to prevail in a conflict with Iran. I figure they won't start shooting but I doubt they'll back down.

False, but I don't believe that's something I've ever discussed with you Jhhnn. Probably won't now that I see what the topic of Iran does to you. Maybe you should stick to speaking for yourself, or idk, take a nap.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

I cannot believe you would cower in response to Iran bombing tankers, shooting down a drone, and now attacking 3 tankers. (The Brits successfully protected one the other day). These acts of violence in the Strait of Hormuz are going to raise costs and reduce volume. Who can guarantee safe passage? Do you want to sail those waters?

It is past time we destroy these Iranian military assets. They are acting as pirates on the high seas, and should be attacked as such.

Oh please, warmonger. I'm not cowering, I'm merely pointing out that your 'solution' will do nothing but result in the deaths of thousands of people, most of whom will be innocent civilians.

bf2f212fbcb93e67bb2e7250029cc7ac.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: pauldun170

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
False, but I don't believe that's something I've ever discussed with you Jhhnn. Probably won't now that I see what the topic of Iran does to you. Maybe you should stick to speaking for yourself, or idk, take a nap.

You did express a certain chest thumping naivete.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

Juiblex

Banned
Sep 26, 2016
Maybe we shouldn't kick the hornets nest. I understand our masters are directing us to war. But honestly our lgbtbbq and adhd/autism brigade of 20 something's aren't going to be doing jack to Iran. I hope we have enough drones to throw at them. Drones won't win wars tho.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Apparently some folks using a public ship tracking site saw the British tanker suddenly veer off course into Iranian waters... whereupon it was seized.

Just throwing this out there...could Iran be messing with GPS based navigation in the strait? Why else would they go off course??

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

You really believe Bolton's contrived "attacks"? Don't be a chump. It's Iraqi WMD's all over again with a splash of Tonkin Gulf thrown in.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I think not. War with Iran will send the price of oil thru the sky. Their strategic advantage is enormous when it comes to shutting down shipping. Neither Trump nor the GOP want to deal with the nut kick to the economy.

energy prices going up is icing on the cake.

Juiblex

Banned
Sep 26, 2016
Apparently some folks using a public ship tracking site saw the British tanker suddenly veer off course into Iranian waters... whereupon it was seized.

Just throwing this out there...could Iran be messing with GPS based navigation in the strait? Why else would they go off course??
More than likely. They used the same technique to capture a reaper drone a few years ago so they could reverse engineer it.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

You and your feigned outrage can Fuck right off.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Maybe we shouldn't kick the hornets nest. I understand our masters are directing us to war. But honestly our lgbtbbq and adhd/autism brigade of 20 something's aren't going to be doing jack to Iran. I hope we have enough drones to throw at them. Drones won't win wars tho.
Way to insult the men and women who serve our country, douchebag.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
The US had the Brits seize a tanker carrying Iranian oil earlier this month.

That the regime is reacting to pressure should not shock anybody.

The tanker was delivering oil to Syria in violation of EU sanctions. I suppose that doesnt matter.

And link to "the US made the UK seize it"?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The tanker was delivering oil to Syria in violation of EU sanctions. I suppose that doesnt matter.

And link to "the US made the UK seize it"?

I doubt the Brits did so w/o urging from Washington. They're complicit rather than forced.

And, uhh, if they want out of the EU so badly why are they enforcing EU sanctions when nobody else is?