Ipad 3rd generation a dud?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Meh, bad example... but I'm just saying that initial sales (especially backed by so much hype) aren't really a good indicator of whether a product is a dud.

I say this from the standpoint that, as a consumer, I would wait until it's baked for a few months before I made any kneejerk reactions based on sales numbers.

If the iPad3 is a dud then fuck, what do you consider ever single Android tablet to date?

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
If the iPad3 is a dud then fuck, what do you consider ever single Android tablet to date?

Duds? What's your point? Oh wait ... in your world, if you're not with us, you're an Android fanboy. No, sorry - I have an iPhone 4 (after trading in my Droid 2) and an iPad 2. I was just making an observation about the false logic applied in the second post of the thread. No need to grab your pitchfork ;)

runawayprisoner

Platinum Member
Apr 2, 2008
Meh, bad example... but I'm just saying that initial sales (especially backed by so much hype) aren't really a good indicator of whether a product is a dud.

I say this from the standpoint that, as a consumer, I would wait until it's baked for a few months before I made any kneejerk reactions based on sales numbers.

Technically, the iPad 3 isn't "hyped". It does contain about 80-90% of the things people want most, which are:

1) Higher resolution screen
2) 4G LTE
3) A better GPU for games