Internet Love ?

Mrfrog840

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2000
uhmmmmm no
i wouldnt pursue someone on the internet like from AOL or something
you know the stories of the people who get killed and raped and all that other gorss stuff

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

<< I have fallen in love with Red Dawn....but I havent pursued it yet, how should I ask him? >>

Hmmm...how about trying the method THIS GUY did?

littleprince

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2001
sorta...
by accident i met this girl on icq one day...
it turned out we had the same piano teacher and went to the same church anyways...

it was gd for a while, but its over.

i dont think its a normal thing though...

Forever42

Mar 24, 2001
Definitely...my bf and I met on Collegeclub, and we've been together over six months now with no end in the near future.

Before that, I had a, er, &quot;boyfriend&quot; in Seattle for two and a half years, met him once by odd coincidence, but after the whole thing was over, realized that I never really loved him.

obiwaynekenobi

Golden Member
May 18, 2001
DO you guys get the same shocked looks that I Get from people when I Tell them that I meet my wife on the 'net?

Draco

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
I wouldn't recommend the Internet spawned relationships. I've had my share of those, and they never seem to work they way I'd like. Then again others have made it work... so who knows. If you have to, I would use it as last resort.

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000

<< Anyone her ever fell in love with someone on the net and pursued it ? Successfully ? >>

Yes, and I was going to pursue it, until I saw him posting in this thread about his true feelings for Red Dawn. How will I ever go on now? :(

;)

ggavinmoss

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
No, but I've had friends who've pursued online love (actually BBS love). It was ok for awhile... but in the end the person was a raving lunatic. Who knew? :)

-geoff

mrCide

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
I met my first real girlfriend on AOL Instant Messanger.. I wasn't looking and neither was she... it was after we became friends that we started liking each other..

I didn't really want to have a long distance thing but I dunno.. I told her she had to come here or I'm not going to bother..

It was really nice .. while she was here :) She ended up moving back home after about 6 months (came from Talahassee to Fort Lauderdale, FL).. I still love her and whatnot but she's not ready to be on her own from her parents I don't think.. (she gets sick often and just needs her parents around for certain things).. also lived in a really crappy (read: ghetto) area.. so.. but yeah. It was successful. she reads these forums too sometimes :)

Buddhist

Golden Member
Jan 15, 2000
I'm living with the girl i met on icq ,and carried out a relationship on for six months online, from newfoundland now. :)

its been like three years that we've been together.
we'll probably end up getting married. though i'm pissed at her right now. :|

:) <---- pic
-M.T.O

warcleric

Banned
May 31, 2000
GF: oh my, I am so sorry to hurt you this way, but Red Dawn is the only one with the key to my heart <<snicker>>

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000

<< GF: oh my, I am so sorry to hurt you this way, but Red Dawn is the only one with the key to my heart <<snicker>> >>

And after I took bullets for you!!

slpaulson

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2000
I pretty much fell for my last girfriend on icq, we go to the same school though so it isn't that big of a deal :).

jamison

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2001
I have a friend that just visited a woman in the UK, they met over some forums, a game, and ICQ.

It is weird, but they seem to have fun, who knows where it will lead. The friend is from the US btw...

Nomerc

Feb 8, 2000
I have a few friends from online that have made it work, but they are the very few that do. I have seen a lot more go meet and then break up. Online you can be anyone and anything you want to be. There's a lot of user's out they're looking for someone to prey upon. I had a friend a few years back that lost a lot of money from a person that used her.

I have seen it go both ways and I know from personal experience it hurts the same if it does not work. If someone is going to try this all I can say is be very careful. If you do decide to meet them, do it in a very public place. If I were a female I would take alone a friend or family member. I would also tell a friend or family member where I was and set up calling schedule as a safety net if I was going to go meet them.

I went to help out a friend I had known several years online and it was a disaster. I have learned my lesson.
I have met several friends from online and they are seldom like you expect.

Keribeth

Mar 28, 2001
My cousin met her...errr...&quot;partner&quot;...online. They are living happily together now.:)