Intel vs. AMD The Final Mega Ultra POLL!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Yield
Originally posted by: notfred
who makes the better processor?

Intel does. AMD sells processors at a better price, but intel still makes a better product.

do you honestly think so?
what if Intel made AMD chipsets? i bet they would be totally badass.
I think AMD's CPU's are superior in that, clock for clock, most of the time they are faster, now, if only they made kept making good chipsets like the 760, it may not be so true.
I honestly think AMD makes a fantastic product, easily as good as Intel. they just need support from other manufacturers.

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
Originally posted by: notfred
who makes the better processor?

Intel does. AMD sells processors at a better price, but intel still makes a better product.

price is inclusive to the "all factors considered" stipulation in the main thread:)

Stallion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2000
I have never had an AMD but I have owned more ten Intels. I'm going with Intel based on the fact that you can get alot of bang for the buck by O/Cing your chip.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
You can't decide on Intel vs. AMD with "all factors considered" because there's a difference between a gaming machine and workstation.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: SherEPunjab
this thread is dumb. there is no way intel is better.

AMD ownz INTEL.

For me, price is no object.

this thread is dumb. there is no way intel is better.

INTEL ownz AMD.

rolleye.gif

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
If you got both an AMD XP 2200+ and 2700+ compare the L12 bridges. On the 2700+ there is one more connected. Break it, and although it will set the default FSB to 133 instead of 166, you can now crank it up to a FSB of 220 without problems.

Makes it comparable to a PIV of about 3.6GHz I think

Paragraphs wouldn't hurt

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
I prefer Intel personally. With AMD I have to worry about so much more.. heat issues, HS/F size/noise/attachment issues, power supply, etc.

But being a college student I go w/ the best bang for the buck which has been AMD for the past several years. My last Intel processor was a PIII 600.