Intel Retail Edge 2007!!

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lundo

Dec 12, 2007
Originally posted by: Excelsior
Originally posted by: lundo
ya so i'm 100 chips away.... this is bullshit

Seriously? I started around the beginning of november (just got hired then) and I ended up with 12850chips with an article to spare.

Have you truly done everything you could do?

Ya on my progress it says 0 chips can still be earned, i did everything from the toolbox, and i have 2400 from the bonus chips/logins etc....

How lame is it if I can't get the q6700 when i'm 100 chips short...?

Hopefully one of you guys can help me out with a code or something...

xcorat

Nov 24, 2007
Well, got ma bundle and built it and every thing, but I put OCZ gold 2g mem which needs 1.95V and Had some problems. Got the blue screen couple of times and restarted a few times as well.

I manually set the mem freq/timings to 667" 5-5-5-15 and now I think it's fine. anybody with same experience???

and thenext thing is, THE BOARD HAS MEMORY VOLTAGE SETTINGS. I think it's 'hidden' or somthing because i once got it on the confuguration mode and dont remember how I got there. But for SURE, YOU CAN CHANGE THOSE SETTINGS.

If anybody finds a way pls lemme kno.

thx

v8stealth

Dec 14, 2007
Been workin' on my Retail Edge and finally finished up! Bad news is i max'd out at 11,000 chips!!! Thought i would try here for help... Anyone have 1,000 Chips to spare? Just upgraded my laptop HD... So the one who donates can have a 40GB laptop drive shipped to them for free if they want!?! Thanks in advance!

dajeepster

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: v8stealth
Been workin' on my Retail Edge and finally finished up! Bad news is i max'd out at 11,000 chips!!! Thought i would try here for help... Anyone have 1,000 Chips to spare? Just upgraded my laptop HD... So the one who donates can have a 40GB laptop drive shipped to them for free if they want!?! Thanks in advance!

I've been trying to get just 200 points... i'm maxed out at 11,800

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
I'm 600 points short if anyone has a code. Much appreciated. I'm sure I'll swing at least 100 for subsequent logins, so a code would be very helpful.

EDIT: I'm officially 500 points short. I would REALLY appreciate a code if anyone has one.

Monolithic

Apr 19, 2000
A friend of mine said that last year they had games for points around Christmas, think they will do that again this year?

GDoes

Dec 12, 2002
Anyone in Florida interested in earning a quick buck to get me the Intel Premium Bundle?

n0tdan

Aug 29, 2005
Took roughly a week for me to get verified (8 days, faxed the form in last monday morning and got the email(s) today). nice bundle xmas present to myself ;)

What's funny is i got 3 emails from them. 2 saying i'm verified 1 saying they could not verify me o_O

cyto

Dec 24, 2004
The people at Intel Retail Edge are mathematical morons! The maximum you can get in December is 11,700 chips. Why not add 300 more chips, Intel? I'm going to get my Q6600 and then recommend AMD to ALL of my customers. The support people said they aren't giving out any more points this month and I am only 300 chips short. If this is how Intel is going to treat it's retail partners, then I have no reason to try to sell the more expensive systems to people who don't really care anyways. Thanks for promoting AMD chips, Intel. You've accomplished the exact opposite of what the Retail Edge program was meant to do-get us to sell more Intel chips. LOL!

ahfunaki

Nov 27, 2005
Originally posted by: cyto
The people at Intel Retail Edge are mathematical morons! The maximum you can get in December is 11,700 chips. Why not add 300 more chips, Intel? I'm going to get my Q6600 and then recommend AMD to ALL of my customers. The support people said they aren't giving out any more points this month and I am only 300 chips short. If this is how Intel is going to treat it's retail partners, then I have no reason to try to sell the more expensive systems to people who don't really care anyways. Thanks for promoting AMD chips, Intel. You've accomplished the exact opposite of what the Retail Edge program was meant to do-get us to sell more Intel chips. LOL!

This isn't Intel's fault, if you would have done the challenges all year long like you were supposed to you would have more than enough to get the Q6700 bundle...

Tullphan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
Originally posted by: ahfunaki

This isn't Intel's fault, if you would have done the challenges all year long like you were supposed to you would have more than enough to get the Q6700 bundle...

Exactly. I haven't done a single challenge or anything in December & I had plenty of points to get my Q6700 bundle.
The majority of you guys know about this yearly promotion, so quit waiting till the last minute. Also, since when could one "donate" excess points that one had to someone else?

dajeepster

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Tullphan
Originally posted by: ahfunaki

Exactly. I haven't done a single challenge or anything in December & I had plenty of points to get my Q6700 bundle.
The majority of you guys know about this yearly promotion, so quit waiting till the last minute. Also, since when could one "donate" excess points that one had to someone else?

well.. some of us couldn't ... I didn't actually work for a retailer until beginning of Dec...

as for donating points ..the representatives at intel have handed out cards with "codes" so that you can get points, just look at the home page after you log in... at the top of the screen is says ">GOT CODE?"..... it's left of the ">MY PROGRESS"... that's what we are refering to when we are asking for a donation... hopefully a kind person out there has enough points for the Q6700 and an unused "CODE" that they could donate.... since the points reset for next year for the next retail edge.

n0tdan

Aug 29, 2005
Also, there are people like me who did not know about the program until December. Both bundles are great deals... I'm satisfied with the Q6600

Justtaint

Jan 5, 2002
I have 12500 points and am verified but I only see the option for the Q6600 bundle. Is this happening to anyone else?

n0tdan

Aug 29, 2005
placed my order this morning and

"Thank you for shopping with Shop Intel(SM)! We appreciate your
business and
wanted to let you know that one or more items from your order have
shipped."

My max points were 11,700, didn't see any option for the 6700. Perhaps they don't have anymore? Somewhere it did say while supplies last on their documentation.

Keitero

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2004
ATTENTION:
Intel® Core?2 Quad Q6700 is sold out due to extremely high demand , but the Intel® Core?2 Quad Q6600 is still available! Eligible participants^ must register for an Intel® quad-core bundle by December 31, 2007.

Guess that means that you only need 9k points now. :/

GDoes

Dec 12, 2002
So for those that got the Intel bundle, what case did you put the motherboard (DG33TL) in?

-Glenn

PLaYaHaTeD

Oct 15, 2001
I need 500 more points to get the premium bundle, yet I have completed everything. Is there someone here with extra points kind enough to donate their extra points so that I can reach 12K?

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: PLaYaHaTeD
I need 500 more points to get the premium bundle, yet I have completed everything. Is there someone here with extra points kind enough to donate their extra points so that I can reach 12K?

You needn't bother, the premium Q6700 bundle is sold out.

PLaYaHaTeD

Oct 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Excelsior
Originally posted by: PLaYaHaTeD

You needn't bother, the premium Q6700 bundle is sold out.

I saw that earlier today, but now I don't see anything about it being sold out. There may still be a chance! I actually have exactly 11,400 chips and I need 600 more. Can anyone help me out?