Intel Broadwell Thread

Page 102 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
Intel has a tight enough reseller relations to let their products be price gouged in amazon. Wonder why you cite prices without VAT tho, afraid to show they are dabgerously close to what the amazon prices tell?

Why would you want to compare a VAT price with a non VAT price in terms of what the manufactor charges? Also companies and tourists etc deduct the VAT.

Its also quite clear you didnt think it through trying to be smart, because one could just take a look on other products than Intel.

Last edited:

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Amazon's shipping info tells more of the story. 2-4 weeks means that supplies are short. Intel may not be moving a whole lot of these chips into the channel just yet.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
I didn't think they were even shipping quite yet. Does anyone aside from reviewers have one?

iSkylaker

May 9, 2015
I messaged one of the amazon sellers
Item: Intel Broadwell Core i5-5675C 3.1 4 NA BX80658i55675C [Personal Computers] [ASIN: B00YAEA1CE]

------------- Begin message -------------

Hello Matt,

Yes price of this item "Intel Broadwell Core i5-5675C 3.1 4 NA BX80658i55675C" is $ 342.00 only. As long as if manufacturer never make any changes in price it will be a constant one.

Thank You,
Sai Krishna
DEC Trader

--- Original message ---

Item: Intel Broadwell Core i5-5675C 3.1 4 NA BX80658i55675C [Personal Computers] [ASIN: B00YAEA1CE]

------------- Begin message -------------

Is that actually it the price of it? or just some premium for early orders?

Thank you!

------------- End message -------------

Lepton87

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2009
What is the appeal of that i7 when it is considerably more expensive than the 5820K? Going by the price Shintai provided it would cost me a lot more than the amount I paid for my HW-E almost a year ago! How can we call that progress? This is unprecedented, I have never been in a situation where the CPUs on the market can't even match the value of the CPU I bought almost a year ago.

Aug 11, 2008
Cmon guys, relax. It happened with the 4770R, although that was not socketed. It is a niche product, for those who want the best cpu/igpu combination and dont care about price. The mainstream replacement will be skylake.

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
What is the appeal of that i7 when it is considerably more expensive than the 5820K? Going by the price Shintai provided it would cost me a lot more than the amount I paid for my HW-E almost a year ago! How can we call that progress? This is unprecedented, I have never been in a situation where the CPUs on the market can't even match the value of the CPU I bought almost a year ago.

Its a new product type. Not a replacement for any other.

skylake.jpg

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001

It couldn't possibly be that Intel has less competition for x86 desktop CPUs at the high end... This guy Shintai said that less competition would result in lower prices... due to "greater efficiency".

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
It couldn't possibly be that Intel has less competition for x86 desktop CPUs at the high end... This guy Shintai said that less competition would result in lower prices... due to "greater efficiency".

So you completely ignore its a new product segment for more options to the consumer to make up FUD. Super! :thumbsdown:

Lepton87

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2009
Its a new product type. Not a replacement for any other.

That does not answer my question. What's the appeal? If someone wants fast graphics what is the appeal of going with iGPU? I would consider such a fast iGPU as great for low price points but at 400$ for desktops it seems like a waste. 4770R made sense for all-in-ones where form factor didn't allow any dGPU but I would never settle for a fraction of performance in games for a subtly more compact case.

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
That does not answer my question. What's the appeal? If someone wants fast graphics what is the appeal of going with iGPU? I would consider such a fast iGPU as great for low price points but at 400$ for desktops it seems like a waste. 4770R made sense for all-in-ones where form factor didn't allow any dGPU but I would never settle for a fraction of performance in games for a subtly more compact case.

I am sure the primary target are places you cant or have difficulty to add a discrete card in a world of ever shrinking PC sizes.

Its not 400$ either, but 368$ and 277$.

Mar 10, 2006

I think Intel is testing the waters to see if there is demand.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010

My thinking is that Intel wanted the unlocked models to have the best graphics and the L4... so they could justify charging more money. They obviously reversed course, and Skylake's scheduling may have caused that.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
So you completely ignore its a new product segment for more options to the consumer to make up FUD. Super! :thumbsdown:

So every time Intel makes a major change to their iGPU, it's a "new product segment"?

Oh, but aside from that, Intel's prices continue to come down, as they have less competition. I see...

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008

I'd use it as a stream box. I can still play Dota natively, but I can stream higher quality games if I want. I currently use my laptop to do this hooked up to my projector. But, that'd replace it all, and sit in a tiny box right next to my projector.

I'd like to see this in a NUC/socketed form.

Edit: TBH, if it offered the same performance as the line right bellow it, and just had a beefier IGPU, I'd get it. I would then buy more high end GPUs, and offload them at a higher value since I could always fall back on the iGPU. I think Skylake is the beginning of that being an ok option. I think the next step or two intel will take may or may not change the game based on the dGPU sector. Thing is, Intel has their fab benefit on their side as well as tons of money

Also, where are the OC results? Do OC results normally take this long I don't know much about OCing.

Last edited:

AtenRa

Lifer
Feb 2, 2009
Its a replacement for the Haswell R series, but its now socketed and unlocked. How could it be anything other than a new product segment?

Since there is no other Broadwell desktop SKU, those are not only replacements for the Haswell-R but for Haswell desktop in general.

Dufus

Sep 20, 2010
^1.35V for 4.3GHz and 1.4V for 4.4GHz doesn't show good scaling IMO although the scores for the frequency are nice.

I think you have answered your own question, if you allow that these CPUs are the 4770R's successors:

Wouldn't the i7-5775R be it's replacement? Then there's the other 2 BGA chips, the i5-5675R and i5-5575R.

nenforcer

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2008
I'm just going to wait out the Broadwell launch for 1-2 months until Skylake launches.

At those prices I don't think Intel is going to sell many of them unless people just absolutely don't want to buy a socket 1151 Z170 board and some new DDR4 memory.

Might as well merge this thread right into the Skylake thread.