Intel Boxed Core 2 Duo Processor E8400 $199 at Micorcenter.com

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bozo Galora

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: zerodeefex

I think he's saying he checked his credit card online statement and saw that MC already placed the charge.

Oh, O.K. I get it now - heh
thnx

So where ARE all the wolfdales??
Not a single one on Pricegrabber - not one
Are they still helping to move out vendors old CPU inventory by holding back?
Do they not want any more C0 steppings with dodgy temp diodes sold?
Is Dell getting them all?
Or was it just a paper launch?

MWForrest

Aug 22, 2007
I ordered from them yesterday morning, and haven't gotten any email so far. And I mean nothing, no confirmation, and no back order. So, Im not sure where I stand at this point :-|
BTW: I also checked my banking account and saw that they had immediately placed the charge on my account.

Hopefully I got lucky ;D

As soon as I ordered this I got excited and ordered the rest of the 650 dollars worth of components to build my computer, so hopefully Im not let down!

polypterus

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2001
If you checked your banking account that must mean you used a debit card, and per their policy: "When using a debit card as payment, the card is charged immediately following the authorization. The Issuing Bank determines when to release the hold on the dollar amount when merchandise is not shipped (backorder) or the order is cancelled."

Bozo Galora

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: FrizQuadrata
If you checked your banking account that must mean you used a debit card, and per their policy: "When using a debit card as payment, the card is charged immediately following the authorization. The Issuing Bank determines when to release the hold on the dollar amount when merchandise is not shipped (backorder) or the order is cancelled."

damn, wish I knew that part of it
woulda used my CC instead
oh well, still could happen

MysticMan1

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Bozo Galora
Originally posted by: zerodeefex

I think he's saying he checked his credit card online statement and saw that MC already placed the charge.

Oh, O.K. I get it now - heh
thnx

So where ARE all the wolfdales??
Not a single one on Pricegrabber - not one
Are they still helping to move out vendors old CPU inventory by holding back?
Do they not want any more C0 steppings with dodgy temp diodes sold?
Is Dell getting them all?
Or was it just a paper launch?

Intel churning out 100,000 45 nm processors every day

MWForrest

Aug 22, 2007
Wow, so I guess intel isn't holding back, there is simply just that many people who want to buy it all at once...

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: miguel421
we got a whole 5 of them "in stock" at madison heights today via drop ship from intel. pretty pathetic when you store with the highest sales of cpu's in the chain gets a meer 5. they were gone in less than 20 minutes of hitting the showcase today.

How many did you get? :p

Dashel

Nov 5, 2003
We're sorry to report that the merchandise listed below is not immediately available.

Though we expected to be able to send this product to you without delay, we have since found that we are unable to do so. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We have placed this product from your order XXXXXX on backorder, and will ship it automatically when it arrives at our fulfillment location. Please be aware that backorders will remain in our system for a maximum period of 30 days (from order date).

You may contact Customer Service at 1-800-634-3478 to inquire on the status or cancel the item(s). If your order has not been shipped within 15 days from the date of your order, a reminder email will be sent to you.

Please note that your credit card has not been charged for this product because you only pay for items as we ship them to you.

Thank you for shopping Micro Center Online. We hope you visit again soon.

I'm a sad panda. :(

proroc

Oct 13, 2006
Now when you try to add to cart it says:

"The product you requested is no longer available."

MysticMan1

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2000
Originally posted by: proroc
Now when you try to add to cart it says:

"The product you requested is no longer available."
no longer available = OOS.

There are a few sites that are saying they are expecting a new shipping of the E8400 on 3-28 and the shipping date on the email I recived from Micorcenter is 3-29, so there might be a large shipment of 8xxx Processors coming on Friday

Midnight Rambler

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
[you can back order @ buy.com 211 bucks shipped... If you want to lock into a price I figure you will get it in a few weeks... [/quote]

Actually, be careful with that listing. BUY has the E8400 listed twice, with the other one higher in price.

I actually ordered one from them for the $211.99 price (ie. same exact listing) a couple days before the E8400 officially launched. Needless to say, it never shipped and I got mine from MC when they had their deal on.

As always, YMMV ...