Intel Boxed Core 2 Duo Processor E8400 $199 at Micorcenter.com

sofarfrome

Apr 27, 2005
The 5-7 business days to ship leads me to believe they are anticipating a shipment next week. But Intel is slow on these.

proroc

Oct 13, 2006
In for one, thanks OP

Edit: Has anyone received an email from Micro Center stating that this order has been placed on back order?

polypterus

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2001
Originally posted by: proroc
In for one, thanks OP

Edit: Has anyone received an email from Micro Center stating that this order has been placed on back order?

Did you?

OfficeLinebacker

Mar 2, 2005
I just selected the in-store pickup option, and the site reported that location had them in stock.

Too bad I am in CT visiting the in-laws! :angry:

Winterpool

Mar 1, 2008
Of course this would become available the same week I paid $205 for the Xeon E3110 from a questionable retailer. Well, if the Xeon Wolfdale turns out to be legit, then I suppose I won't regret having avoided tax on a $200 chip ($10 to 15ish for me).

By the way if you do live near a Micro Centre, there's a pickup option. The web page will report whether a particular location has any in stock. Cambridge, MA, reports E8400s available.

daction

Nov 18, 2000
I got in on one of these but shortly after received the backorder email, so I went ahead and canceled. I think I wanna go quad core anyways and I don't really feel like upgrading to 1066 ram since I was gonna shoot for 4ghz with this cpu.

MysticMan1

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2000
Originally posted by: proroc
In for one, thanks OP

I placed a order around 9:00 am pst, received a confirmation email about 30 minutes later, it's now 3:35 PM and no OOS email so far. The last time I order this CPU from Micorcenter.com I got a OOS email about a hour after the confirmation email.

miguel421

Mar 3, 2008
we got a whole 5 of them "in stock" at madison heights today via drop ship from intel. pretty pathetic when you store with the highest sales of cpu's in the chain gets a meer 5. they were gone in less than 20 minutes of hitting the showcase today.

Technogeek

Jun 10, 2001
Originally posted by: miguel421
we got a whole 5 of them "in stock" at madison heights today via drop ship from intel. pretty pathetic when you store with the highest sales of cpu's in the chain gets a meer 5. they were gone in less than 20 minutes of hitting the showcase today.

Wow, thats were I was going to pick it up tomarrow, guess not.:shocked:

tyler811

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
The one here in Mi actually never ran out. I bought mine for $199 over a month ago.

Dashel

Nov 5, 2003
This is from the Order Confirmation they sent on this:

The estimated ship date of 03/30/08 assumes all items on your order are in stock at our fulfillment location. Occasionally, we run into unexpected delays during the fulfillment process. Should this occur, we will notify you with the appropriate details and options available.

Important Note: If the item you ordered showed the availability designated as 'Limited availability - May not be in stock at the time of order. No backorders.' and it is still in stock, your order should be shipped within the timeframe noted above. If, however, the inventory was sold out before your order was processed, you will be notified via email that the product is no longer available. Because of the nature of these products, limited availability items are not backordered.

So not a sure thing I guess.

Midnight Rambler

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
What does "Private Label. IPSG" Intel processor mean?
Never saw that for an Intel CPU

Curious, ain't it ? Micro Center has used this terminology for a while. If you search their site for CPUs and then filter the results by manufacturer, choosing "Intel" via the drop-down menu, you will get few results. Choose "IPSG" and you will get a whole lot more results.

Basically, it's an "arm" of Micro Electronics, Inc., parent of Micro Center and their affilliated divisions. IPSG buys components from the manufacturers for their own use (see below), and also distributes components to the store level for retail sale. Kinda like their own internal "gray market". It also keeps them from having to use leeches like Ingram Micro for their supply.

International Products Sourcing Group (IPSG) is a computer company that specializes in producing PowerSpec desktop computers, WinBook notebook computers, video cards, optical drives, and an other computer accessories. Our products are featured at all Micro Center retail stores, Micro Center Online including web sites for our PowerSpec and WinBook product lines.

miguel421

Mar 3, 2008
IPSG tends to get some better prices than "microcenter" on certain things because they're setup as an OEM as opposed to a retail distributor. it's just one way to save a few bucks here and there.

tyler, you'd be amazed at how often I run into that logic working at that store :disgust: . we ran out several times. just cuz you bought one doesn't mean we have always had them in stock. there have been 2 in inventory for a long time. and for a long time neither chip was in the store. they both were out to intel. have had customers argue this one with me many many many times. I know where they were because I'm the one that sent them! Just like I know when they came back, because I'm the one who checked em back in, and set them up for open box clearance.

Bozo Galora

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 1999
ah, so THATS how they can sell for $199 when everyone else is $240+ (Newegg is $260 today)
thnx for nfo

I also bit for one and got the backorder email, so I'll wait the 15 day segment and see what happens
Its good they arent the kind of company that makes the CC charge even tho no stock on hand
Rather have the new C1 stepping when it comes out anyway

Quote:
We're sorry, xxxxx

We're sorry to report that the merchandise listed below is not immediately available.

Though we expected to be able to send this product to you without delay, we have since found that we are unable to do so. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We have placed this product from your order xxxxxxx on backorder, and will ship it automatically when it arrives at our fulfillment location. Please be aware that backorders will remain in our system for a maximum period of 30 days (from order date).

deepinya

Golden Member
Jan 29, 2003
I wonder what happens when you select in store pickup?

Edit- tried and it shows up OOS lol DAMN!

DaSinical1

Nov 3, 1999
I too ordered one... I also got the confirmation email & the backorder email... but when I check my online statement It shows that I was already charged for it? Guess I have to call monday and find out if they intend to ship it as I already have been charged.

Bozo Galora

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 1999
(Quote)
Please note that your credit card has not been charged for this product because you only pay for items as we ship them to you.

Thank you for shopping Micro Center Online. We hope you visit again soon.

Micro Center Online Customer Service
1-800-634-3478
(Unquote)

Um, I dont see anywhere on MC site to "check my online statement" - seems to be all phone help

Midnight Rambler

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah, their web ops ain't the best and could use some work. They even fulfill some (all ?)orders via their stores ...

zerodeefex

Jan 31, 2004
Originally posted by: Bozo Galora
(Quote)
Please note that your credit card has not been charged for this product because you only pay for items as we ship them to you.

Thank you for shopping Micro Center Online. We hope you visit again soon.

Micro Center Online Customer Service
1-800-634-3478
(Unquote)

Um, I dont see anywhere on MC site to "check my online statement" - seems to be all phone help

I think he's saying he checked his credit card online statement and saw that MC already placed the charge.