Discussion Intel being desperate before M1X launch?

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
Attacking another product rather than marketing your own is always a bad idea.

The M1 is insanely efficient. Revolutionary so. My sons MB Air literally lasts twice as long as his old one.

Reactions: IEC
Mar 11, 2004
Attacking another product rather than marketing your own is always a bad idea.

The M1 is insanely efficient. Revolutionary so. My sons MB Air literally lasts twice as long as his old one.

Interesting argument considering Intel and Apple's relative places (both tops in their fields). And it hasn't hurt either of them either, no matter how many times it ends with egg on their face.

Not saying I agree with it. In fact I hate how both operate with regards to that, but it clearly has not hurt either meaningfully.

Last edited:

KompuKare

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2009
So they market upgradability of Intel machines and then show 2-1’s that are almost certainly solder-fests? Is this just me?
And not only do Intel's (and AMD's) soldered BGA laptop parts "NOW with soldered RAM" provide as little upgradability as Apple (none*) the soldered RAM copycats don't get anywhere near the efficiency which Apple get doing this, so why bother?

*Although no major PC OEM has yet tried to follow Apple down the solder SSD route. (Or have they?)

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
Breaking the Spell: Social Experiment | Intel - YouTube

Can't be real. Those don't look like real Apple fanboys. Intel is in their own reality distortion field if it thinks this video will change an Apple diehard's computing platform.
Fan and fanboy are pretty much almost complete opposites.
One likes the product the other one just likes bashing everything else even if they don't like the actual product.
Intel seemed okay with Apple fans being Apple fans when it was their CPUs in the machines.
I can bet you that a lot of apple PC*like fans are going to be a lot less of a fan if they can't run boot camp to play games or the odd app that doesn't exist on macOS.
So they market upgradability of Intel machines and then show 2-1’s that are almost certainly solder-fests? Is this just me?
The very short clip of upgradability ended with a display of systems that support that, how much clearer can somebody be? They even have text that says, systems, and later on, laptops.
Also in the room there was more than just 2-1's, they did have a PC and normal laptops.
Intel also didn't claim that you could fold a full tower PC in two and yet at the end there was a full tower there in the room.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Oh? Loosing a big part of functionality has nothing to do with the degree of difficulty of swaying someone over to a different product?

You quoted my post, and it was related to whether Intel was particularly upset with people picking Macs over PC or not. Try to read next time?

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
You quoted my post, and it was related to whether Intel was particularly upset with people picking Macs over PC or not. Try to read next time?
Intel seemed okay with Apple fans being Apple fans when it was their CPUs in the machines.
Not really though?! It was about intel liking people being apple fans or not and I commented on how they could change being apple fans.