• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Discussion Intel being desperate before M1X launch?

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
Attacking another product rather than marketing your own is always a bad idea.

The M1 is insanely efficient. Revolutionary so. My sons MB Air literally lasts twice as long as his old one.

Reactions: IEC
Mar 11, 2004
Attacking another product rather than marketing your own is always a bad idea.

The M1 is insanely efficient. Revolutionary so. My sons MB Air literally lasts twice as long as his old one.
Interesting argument considering Intel and Apple's relative places (both tops in their fields). And it hasn't hurt either of them either, no matter how many times it ends with egg on their face.

Not saying I agree with it. In fact I hate how both operate with regards to that, but it clearly has not hurt either meaningfully.

Last edited:

KompuKare

Jul 28, 2009
So they market upgradability of Intel machines and then show 2-1’s that are almost certainly solder-fests? Is this just me?
And not only do Intel's (and AMD's) soldered BGA laptop parts "NOW with soldered RAM" provide as little upgradability as Apple (none*) the soldered RAM copycats don't get anywhere near the efficiency which Apple get doing this, so why bother?

*Although no major PC OEM has yet tried to follow Apple down the solder SSD route. (Or have they?)

ASK THE COMMUNITY