Question Integrated and Dedicated GPU - Problems

vcore

Dec 12, 2021
I have two builds with identical specs the only difference are the gpu and ram. They are both stock.

Build 1:

- Asus Rog Strix Z690-F Motherboard
- T Force Delta DDR5
- Samsung 980 Pro
- Corsair HX1000W Multi Rail PSU
- Asus Rog Strix OC RTX 3070 ti

Build 2:

-Asus Rog Strix Z690-F Motherboard
- Kingston Fury Beast DDR5
- Samsung 980 Pro
- Corsair HX1000W Multi Rail PSU
- EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 ti

Build 2 is working fine with the EVGA GPU.

The problem with Build 1 is that I am experiencing graphic issues like textures look like they move when I move also rendering slow until I get close, some shadows and lighting are flickering.

So I tried moving my Asus GPU and NVME into Build 2 and the same problem occurred.
I then tried using the iGPU alone on Build 1 and was surprised I still had the same problem occur.

What can this issue be? So weird. Why when moving my Asus GPU and NVME into Build 2 it also experienced this same problem?

I also have tried updating bios and drivers with no improvements. Need to find out what is causing this problem if its a hardware issue I need to return it that item asap.

• Wow
Reactions: Leeea

vcore

Dec 12, 2021
Is your memory running the XMP profile? Is it stable? Also, are you sure that the Asus GPU is working properly?

I was running it stock before with no XMP. Same issue. Running XMP now and still same issue. I am not sure if my GPU is the issue or not. Because when I try just use the Integrated GPU instead the problem still happens.

I really don't know what it is. I have isolated most things and still baffled and what it could be. The last thing now is power supply, but if it's not. Then I really don't know what is causing the issues?

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
Build 2 is working fine with the EVGA GPU.
-nods-

I then tried using the iGPU alone on Build 1 and was surprised I still had the same problem occur.
-nods-

So I tried moving my Asus GPU and NVME into Build 2 and the same problem occurred.
seriously-seriously-cat.gif

I would suggest clearing your Direct X shader cache.

Last edited: