Inside the progressive movement roiling the Democratic Party...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The rich pay too much taxes especially when they're wasted on people who dont want to work.

The Super Rich in this country don't pay shit for taxes-

As the rich become super-rich, they pay lower taxes. For real. - The Washington Post

And now even less with the GOP tax giveaway.

Imagine making $60M+ per year, paying the same tax rate as people at the $85K level & telling the rest of America how taxes are killing you. And somehow finding a sympathetic ear among people who make even less.

The chutzpah & greed are astounding. Not to mention the gullibility of their victims.

Apr 27, 2012
The Super Rich in this country don't pay shit for taxes-

As the rich become super-rich, they pay lower taxes. For real. - The Washington Post

And now even less with the GOP tax giveaway.

Imagine making $60M+ per year, paying the same tax rate as people at the $85K level & telling the rest of America how taxes are killing you. And somehow finding a sympathetic ear among people who make even less.

The chutzpah & greed are astounding.

Who the fuck are you to tell others you want their money for yourself? I dont blame them when so much tax dollars are wasted.

Apr 27, 2012
LMAO guess what they did with the 90% taxes.. Here's a hint.. everyone in America still uses it.. Eisenhower's interstate system.

Pretty much like if we did it again.. generations from now would still use our healthcare system.. not that you care.

No.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Who the fuck are you to tell others you want their money for yourself? I dont blame them when so much tax dollars are wasted.

Myself? Not at all. I'm small time lucky. Yeh, I was also frugal & tried to be smart but a lot of it is dictated by factors beyond my control. I have a modest pension, SS & Medicare. The mortgage is paid off. I have modest investments in the wayback fund.

I object to the way the structure of the game has changed. Instead of the myriad of small opportunities I've enjoyed the game has been rigged to have a lot fewer & much bigger winners. We don't need more & bigger billionaires. We need a lot more people to get a little tiny piece of the pie & the security that comes with it.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
Myself? Not at all. I'm small time lucky. Yeh, I was also frugal & tried to be smart but a lot of it is dictated by factors beyond my control. I have a modest pension, SS & Medicare. The mortgage is paid off. I have modest investments in the wayback fund.

I object to the way the structure of the game has changed. Instead of the myriad of small opportunities I've enjoyed the game has been rigged to have a lot fewer & much bigger winners. We don't need more & bigger billionaires. We need a lot more people to get a little tiny piece of the pie & the security that comes with it.

Oh wait the Flock of Felons / Republicans ADMIT they're coming for YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE

https://thinkprogress.org/republicans-voted-tax-bill-cut-medicare-social-security-pay-488a9bcbba7d/

greatnoob

Jan 6, 2014
Where the FUCK did he say he wants that money for Himself?????
Alex Jones must have planted that thought in his full-of-shit mind or Ayn Rand's son, Paul Ryan, must have whispered it to him..

Dont bother with morons like Incorruptible. They have no understanding of economics and are just regurgitating baseless Consetvatard talking points. Chances are these retards are in the lower quintile of income earners, using social safety nets that they themselves are so vehemently against.

Reactions: DarthKyrie
Mar 11, 2004
Alex Jones must have planted that thought in his full-of-shit mind or Ayn Rand's son, Paul Ryan, must have whispered it to him..

Dont bother with morons like Incorruptible. They have no understanding of economics and are just regurgitating baseless Consetvatard talking points. Chances are these retards are in the lower quintile of income earners, using social safety nets that they themselves are so vehemently against.

There's no doubt that he is an idiot, but he's trolling to try and change the narrative and get people wasting their time on arguing against his idiocy. This is absolutely how they try to function (and why they're so desperate to push this narrative of chaos and discord in Democrats/liberals, and it has worked quite well, as seen by the multitude of people who still parrot that as why they supposedly can't support Democrats even though they claim they despise Turmp and the Republicans).

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
That is stealing, nobody should be paying 90% taxes. You just want more welfare for yourself.
You mean like Trump created for farmers?

BTW - when the top marginal rate was 90% nobody actually paid it. I would agree that number was way to high but you missed the point, economically speaking the middle class did better in the 50s and there was far less of a wealth gap.

You people pretend like a 40% top rate for the richest would collapse the economy.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

You should take your own advice and stop stealing from your mother. Get a job and get the frack out of her basement.

Aug 11, 2008
Shit, I’d gladly pay 50% tax for free school & free healthcare. Isn’t that much more than what I pay for taxes, plus healthcare, plus co-pays.
You hit the nail on the head. I make about 60,000 per year. My health care premium is already about 7000 per year, plus another few thousand in normal co-pays, plus I am liable for up to 18000 dollars catastrophic limit, which is very easy to reach with only one major illness or surgery. So at best, my health care is more than 10% of my yearly income, and could easily approach half of it if I have a major health incident.

And come on, OP, not all the students (actually very few of them) who come out of college with crushing debt are working toward worthless degrees. They are just trying to get the necessary credentials and training to provide for themselves and their families.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
For the last time provide proof or STFU.

My proof is your entire posting history which is utterly devoid of any resemblance of any person who has ever had responsibility for themselves.

So again please get a job, get the frack out of your mother's basement and let the poor woman retire.

Heck if you learn how to interact with people without covering them in your rage induced spittle you might even find another human being to be have a relationship with instead of your hand.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

I assume that you still want the military, right?

And you do know that every country that has implemented single-payer health care pays far less than us in total health care costs, right? So people would actually be saving money, not spending more of it.

And I'm a slightly right person but cheaper is cheaper.

Josephus312

Aug 10, 2018

The idea that rich people earn their money in some vaccuum where they create the society that allows them to create their wealth is ... well here's the deal, they did NOT build that.

They take advantage of the resources put in place by a society they exist in and use it to a greater degree than other citizens and they SHOULD pay for that usage of what we ALL pay taxes for.

I'm not a poor man, god knows I've been blessed from the cradle and through schooling that mainly exists because of a society that allows it to exist on ground protected by police and the US military and I'm grateful for that. I see society as something other than an individual need for greed and the thing is, I'm happy to pay back for what this nation has given me.

Others, like you and Trump, not so much, you don't give a flying fuck about America other than when others are looking and then you proclaim how patriotic you are, usually by expressing hatred towards others.

You're not a patriot, you're not a capitalist, you're barely a human being.