Inno3d gtx 460 overclocked @ 917 core = gtx470, How high does your gtx 460 overclock?

happy medium

Lifer
Jun 8, 2003
This card reached 917 core with stock voltages!
I would love to see what these cards can do with a voltage bump.

review....
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/inno3d_gtx460_1gb_oc/4.htm

Edit:
Msi afterburner has voltage support for the gtx 460's now.
http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

edit:
Anyone here with a gtx 460 can you post you overclocks and even better if voltage controll is enabled with your peticular card?

Update; Cards that voltage controll is enabled.
1.Palit
2.Msi
3.Gainward GLH
4. Asus
5. Gigabyte

Overclocks so far.

Crisscross3224.... 900 core with a Gigabyte gtx 460 ,voltage 1.087
D4a2nok... 950 core with a Palit gtx 460, @ 1.050v and 1000 core @ 1.087

Last edited:

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Did you really need to post that? :rolleyes:

If he starts a new thread every time someone overclocks a 460 then yes.

He's already started about 10 gtx4*0 threads, you dont think he could have reused the same thread rather than starting a new one every time?

mfenn

Elite Member
Jan 17, 2010
www.mfenn.com
If he starts a new thread every time someone overclocks a 460 then yes.

He's already started about 10 gtx4*0 threads, you dont think he could have reused the same thread rather than starting a new one every time?

But seriously, 5 in the past 5 days. I won't even count the massive number started before launch.

Inno3d gtx 460 overclocked @ 917 core (stock voltage) equaling or beating a gtx 470
New dual gtx 460 incomming!? confirmed by Fudzilla
New Nvidia partner "Point of view" to make a gtx 460 with 820 factory core clocks.
gtx 460 tested with 10 games and 10 different cpu's!
looks like some companies are making 2gb gtx 460's

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
Folks??? Subject matter please??? If you are able???
Anandtech Moderator - Keysplayr

May 13, 2009
Happy is okay with me. He just likes nvidia cards. Alot.

How does one compare to an overclocked 470 though?

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

What?

There isnt a lot to add to the OP, he's not asking any questions.

I suppose we could all just post 'OK' or 'cool' :rolleyes:

Then you should have said nothing at all. No need to ask a question to create a discussion or participate in one. Would you care to roll your eyes again?

Last edited by a moderator:

A_Dying_Wren

Apr 30, 2010
Does the MSI afterburner software work on ANY nvidia gtx4x00 series card?

Apparently it does. Yea I breathed a huge sigh of relief too. The only cards available around here are the lousy Palit ones (at a more expensive price too to boot) Link here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=4469755&postcount=225

It works on Gainward GTX 460 1GB GLH wich have same shorther PCB, cage cooler is a little diferent as Palit GTX 460 1GB SONIC & PLATINIUM.
It's annoyng that reviewers don't put pictures with the GPU voltage controller of every card( lab501 team do that).
From what is known all GTX 460 cards use as controller of GPU voltage NCP5388 fabricated by ON Semiconductor ,
used also on GTX 470, GTX 480 and GTX 465 cards on wich voltage adjustment worked even on custom pcb cards from Palit/Gainward/Galaxy.
So, relax voltage adjustment work 99% sure on every GTX 460.
But not be so entuziast there are raports than at 1.1v the GPU VRM enters in protection(or the GPU itself?) and lower the frecuency and voltage.
For more than 1.1v(max alowed by Msi Afterburner) you need to do an hardware mod.
But is is possible that 1.08v to be enough to reach 1000Mhz. Heat isn't a problem with fan at 70% on reference you will not reach more than 75-78C
The question is how good the GF 104 scales with voltage.

Credit to xdan at xtremesystems

Yet again I am either amused or shocked by the standards of moderation on this board. Is it so difficult to rise above the fray and spit out whole proper sentences without undue sarcasm or excessive punctuation?

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
Yet again I am either amused or shocked by the standards of moderation on this board. Is it so difficult to rise above the fray and spit out whole proper sentences without undue sarcasm or excessive punctuation?

Warning to all. Next moderator complaint or comment gets time off. There is a proper place for complaints against moderation, and it isn't here. You push the line, and I'll push back harder. Fair and just warning and with proper grammar no less.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Warning to all. Next moderator complaint or comment gets time off. There is a proper place for complaints against moderation, and it isn't here. You push the line, and I'll push back harder. Fair and just warning and with proper grammar no less.

While I have no problems with your moderation your grammar does suck, none of those were complete sentences. :p

Mind you, mine is pretty crap as well.

happy medium

Lifer
Jun 8, 2003
Apparently it does. Yea I breathed a huge sigh of relief too. The only cards available around here are the lousy Palit ones (at a more expensive price too to boot) Link here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=4469755&postcount=225

Credit to xdan at xtremesystems

I thought it would be good news to those who own a gtx 460 card and were wondering about voltage tweaks and what kind of performance it should give.

I also thought a stock voltage 917 core clock was pretty amazing and the performance seems to scale well with the overclock.

I don't know much about A1 silicon, but a good question might be will A2 silicon make these kind of clocks normal.
This would certainly effect whether I buy now or later or buy a card that enables voltage tweaks.

Anyone here with a gtx 460 can you post you overclocks and even better if voltage controll is enabled with your peticular card?

Thanks

Dark4ng3l

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2000
Keys where can I go to complain about your moderation? Because I sure would like to do that.

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
The GTX 460 1GB is the new 8800GT. I can't wait until its available up here in America Junior so I can grab me 2.

Chriscross3234

Jun 4, 2006
Alright, I have a GTX 460 and I'm here to chime in. I never overclocked my previous card (an 8800 GT), so the GTX 460 is the first card I've overclocked and I'm pretty new with overclocking in general, so bear with me. The card I purchased was the Gigabyte GTX460 1GB, which has factory overclocks, and here are my overclocking results:

Stock
Speeds: 715|1430|1800 (Core|Shader|Memory)
Temperature: 27C idle and 62C full load (using FurMark)

Overclocked
Speeds: 860|1720|1960
Temperature: 27C idle and 67C full load

I am using the MSI Afterburner to control and monitor the overclocks. I am using FurMark to check stability and conduct stress tests. The overclocked speeds are of course the maximum speeds that are stable and anything else faster yielded in instability.

My computer case is an Antec 900 with a total of 6 case fans (most of them are on low speed settings) plus a PCI fan blowing directly onto the video card. The amount of airflow moving through my case and the dual mounted fan setup of the Gigabyte card results in relatively low full load temperatures compared to other overclocked temperatures that I've seen in professional reviews. These temperatures are drastically lower than my 8800 GT and leave me very comfortable overclocking the card.

In regards to the voltage control, using MSI Afterburner, you can adjust the core voltages on this card. So far, I haven't adjusted the voltages for my overclocks, so the results above are using stock voltage (which is at 1.025mV). I'm not too sure how much I should increase the voltages or if I even want to push my card that far. So far, I'm pretty happy with both the stock performance and the overclocking abilities of this card, now I can finally play through Crysis with enthusiast settings, haha. Let me know if you have any questions.

Dark4ng3l

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2000
Keep in mind that you don't want to go overboard and run furmark for hours. That would be bad for the card. Personally I like to do quick 10 minute runs just to check for stability. If it survives 10 minutes it's 99.5% stable. Then I just back off slightly to make sure it's stable at those speeds.

With those temps you can definitely afford to up the voltage on that card. My 5770 built on the same process can go safely up to 1.35v so I would guess that 1.1v would be no problem for that card, even on the stock cooling.