Inflation is Through the Roof - Whats Biden Admin's First Priority? Stockholders, of course!

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
Hey idiot, this has been going on for decades. Or have you been buying your bags of potato chips for the air content, believing you are getting more for your money over the years, since the quantity of chips has decreased and the amount of air has increased? (chips is just one example out of thousands of products that have been doing this). This has nothing to do with current events or inflation. It is normal business practice to keep prices in line with what the Market can bare. It's also done to manipulate nutritional values that have to be printed on the labels to fool people into believing something is better for you than it actually is.

My 59oz OJ agrees with you. Hell simply orange I think had taken down to 54...

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Hey idiot, this has been going on for decades. Or have you been buying your bags of potato chips for the air content, believing you are getting more for your money over the years, since the quantity of chips has decreased and the amount of air has increased? (chips is just one example out of thousands of products that have been doing this). This has nothing to do with current events or inflation. It is normal business practice to keep prices in line with what the Market can bare. It's also done to manipulate nutritional values that have to be printed on the labels to fool people into believing something is better for you than it actually is.
Dude. There was no shrinkflation before Obama! And Trump stopped it with his tariffs!

These people are so dumb

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Eggs ($1/large dozen) and chickens (legs/thighs - $1/lb.) are still about the same pre Covid. Pork is a bit higher ($1.30/lb now. vs. $1/lb. pre Covid). Don't let me start with beef.

Prices at fast food places are all higher now. More cooking at home, healthier for your health and wallet.

Reactions: gothuevos

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Inflation? What? Heck no. None. Are you crazy to even ask such questions?

Damn. Took you days to come up with that? Source material dried up or something? Not getting your feeds from OAN/Newsmax/Fox/FB any longer? Sucks when that happens....when you're gone. Nice striped tan you've got, though.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I am going to be Frank with you, Vic.

I honestly PRAY that we get this inflation beast under control. I do not wish to see $8 per gallon gas any time soon. Perhaps you should have told your friend that the Saudis have determined they will release more supply into the market which will hopefully cause a FALL in oil and corresponding decrease in gasoline prices of about 25 to 50 cents per gallon.

Pray all you want. about anything.

it's fucking useless.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I'm not sure Kamala will win. But she will be endorsed by Biden.

I think Greg Abbott will win the election.

with any luck, Abbott will soon succumb to an Elvis-sized bowel obstruction, saving the rest of humanity from his fucking monstrosity.

seriously: fuck that horrible piece of shit.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
with any luck, Abbott will soon succumb to an Elvis-sized bowel obstruction, saving the rest of humanity from his fucking monstrosity.

seriously: fuck that horrible piece of shit.

If Gregg was pro Inflation would you vote for him? You gotta admit he's got mad governance skills.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
If Gregg was pro Inflation would you vote for him? You gotta admit he's got mad governance skills.
He did have several hundred of his constituents freeze to death because of mass government incompetence and inability to fix a problem they had a decade of warning on. Then he lied to his constituents about the nature of the problem, making it more likely to happen again.

I would call that poor governance skills. What would you call it?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Inflation? What? Heck no. None. Are you crazy to even ask such questions?

This after how many pages of discussion you didn’t read?

If you really want to say nothing, there’s a far more efficient way. Instead of using words to say nothing, try using no words to say nothing instead.

Nov 8, 2012
"According to the Economic Policy Institute, the average hourly wage increased by 3.6% compared to last year. However, the Consumer Price Index increased by 5.4% in the same period. When you factor in seasonal adjustment it comes at a loss of 1.7% in buying power"

lol I see morons here are still sitting on their log thinking wages are going to increase to compensate for the overall higher prices..... any day now... lol.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
"According to the Economic Policy Institute, the average hourly wage increased by 3.6% compared to last year. However, the Consumer Price Index increased by 5.4% in the same period. When you factor in seasonal adjustment it comes at a loss of 1.7% in buying power"

lol I see morons here are still sitting on their log thinking wages are going to increase to compensate for the overall higher prices..... any day now... lol.

Meanwhile, the value of the Dollar Index had been going up for the past two months, which implies there was a growth in the strength in the U.S. Dollar in the past two months.

https://www.tradingview.com/symbols/TVC-DXY/

Before you say the data on that site is a lie, the data comes from Intercontinental Exchange, which is owned be Republican Kelly Loffler's husband.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

It’s amazing how you keep coming back to humiliate yourself further in this thread.

If you take away the inflation caused by the global chip shortage, which has nothing to do with US fiscal/monetary policy, you have wages definitely keeping up with inflation.

Durrrrrrrrr.

Last edited:

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
It’s amazing how you keep coming back to humiliate yourself further in this thread.

If you take away the inflation caused by the global chip shortage, which has nothing to do with US fiscal/monetary policy, you have wages definitely keeping up with inflation.

Durrrrrrrrr.
Nice. When I go to pay for a car or computer, I will just pay them 20% less because I am taking away inflation from the chip shortage.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I would speculate that small businesses like groomers raised their prices to make up for losses due to the pandemic.

Anyway, why pay $20+ for cat grooming. Just let kitty lick themselves for cleaning.

Cause as with some dogs, humans have bred certain races of cats that is so fucked up they cant maintain themselves.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Nice. When I go to pay for a car or computer, I will just pay them 20% less because I am taking away inflation from the chip shortage.
Are you saying you want people to make policy changes to address issues that aren’t policy based?

If you are, why? If not, then you agree with me.