Indictments coming...

Page 188 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Your shitpost doesn’t merit any words, so...
153161e4a946a8215861e9f58749cc4a.jpg
I hope Flynn's judge asks the DOJ to explain why the National Security Adviser lying to the FBI isn't a problem but some random DOJ lawyer lying is.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
If we’re really gonna bump this thread again, might as well include this in the discussion:

It seems the Senate Intel Committee sent a bipartisan letter to DOJ back in July 2019 recommending criminal referrals for Bannon, Erik Prince and others including Don Jr. and Kushner.

DOJ sat on it—and nothing happened. The US Attorney in the DC office has since been replaced by Barr. Oh well, can’t indict a sitting President or his criminal friends apparently.

The Senate Intelligence Committee has sent a bipartisan letter to the Justice Department asking federal prosecutors to investigate Stephen K. Bannon, a former Trump confidant, for potentially lying to lawmakers during its investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

The letter, a copy of which was reviewed by The Times, was signed by the panel’s then-chairman, Republican Sen. Richard M. Burr, and its ranking Democrat, Sen. Mark Warner.

It also raised concerns about testimony provided by family members and confidants of President Trump that appeared to contradict information provided by a former deputy campaign chairman to Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller III. Those it identified as providing such conflicting testimony were the president’s son Donald Trump Jr., his son-in-law Jared Kushner, former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and former White House Communications Director Hope Hicks.

The letter, which has not before been made public, was sent July 19, 2019, to Deborah Curtis, a top prosecutor in the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington. It is not clear what action the Justice Department has taken on the referral. Kerri Kupec, a Justice Department spokeswoman, declined to comment.

“As you are aware, the Committee is conducting an investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election,” the letter states. “As part of that inquiry, and as a result of witness interviews and document production, we now have reason to believe that the following individuals may have committed a criminal act.”

The letter then names Bannon, the chief executive of the 2016 Trump campaign and later a top White House strategist, and two other men — Erik Prince, a private security contractor, and Sam Clovis, who served as co-chairman of Trump’s campaign.

Criminal referrals from Capitol Hill have been somewhat common since Trump took office in 2017. But this one is rare because it involves the bipartisan leaders of a Senate panel that conducted its own probe without devolving into the partisan bickering that consumed its counterpart in the House of Representatives.

Disclosure of the letter comes as the Senate Intelligence Committee is close to releasing its final report on the panel’s own investigation into Russian election meddling.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
He changed something along the lines that page 'was' a source for another agency to he 'was not' a source for an additional. I forget where I read that but that was the extent to my knowledge, should be easily found.

Either way, page is a scumbag traitor so whatever, this is a lot of nothing.
Yeah all I can find is "along the lines of," nothing definitive. Yet @Greenman and others are convinced this is a sign of major foul play.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Failed Deep State conspiracy couldn't stop 'em from electing the worst President in History. I wonder how many of them still think the delicious liberal tears were worth the price.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Hey, look at what disappeared at the DOJ? This one was a bipartisan request for investigation of certain administration people and hangers on that just may have lied during congressional hearings.

Last edited:

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Bipartisan Senate Intel Report details how Trump’s handpicked campaign chair was a “grave counterintelligence threat” and had repeated contact with Russian intelligence. But hey, no collusion, because Manafort was officially “fired” by the campaign, right???

witchhunt, liberal conspiracy, nothingburger, democrats are the real traitors

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Yes, I admit it. I've used everyone of those words at one time or another. In my defense I assumed I was addressing people with an IQ above room temperature. Apparently I was mistaken.
IT'S EVERYBODY ELSE'S FAULT !!1!

ShitLOL, Dude...

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
IT'S EVERYBODY ELSE'S FAULT !!1!

ShitLOL, Dude...
What's the point of this? You took a few words out of an entire post in an attempt to make a point that exists only in your mind. Why? What exactly do you think such a childish act is going to accomplish?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
There should be a report post option for spreading flat out lies.
You should report my post then!

To be clear though, you’re saying Trump’s son didn’t publicly admit to colluding with the Russians? I’m just trying to measure how delusional you are.