Indictments coming...

Page 206 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Trump is going to fast forward through that Judge’s video like the pizza delivery preamble in a Stormy Daniels video. And if it’s going to be a live virtual meeting. No fast forwarding. But instead of listening, Trump will be making a list in his head about how he’s going to get back at everybody that’s been/is being mean to him.

I'm sure his lawyers will advise him that this is classic laying-the-groundwork for more harsh measures to be taken in future if....errr, I mean "when" he violates the protection order. He won’t be able to claim he was ignorant of the limitations placed on him by the judge.
I look forward to the escalation, because Trump can’t help himself. He will practically dare the judge to take him into custody.
This is so hilarious. I wonder how long it will take for him to violate this order. Every bone in his body (his ego) tells him that he always come out on top and it's because of his brilliant statements, you know, they are perfect. Contempt charges will be coming, because he has no self control, which makes him unfit for dog catcher let alone POTUS.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Well, it's funny, I noticed unlike the news media, that Meadows seemed not to be in the news for the longest time. I was wondering if he was weighing his options, should he pretend to cooperate and wait out the DOJ until Trump get reelected, and pardons everyone, or are Trump's prospects for reelection so tenuous that it wouldn't be prudent to stiff the DOJ. Well, I think it become clear what choice Mark has made for himself.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I guess this is appropriate place for this, Jan. 6 committee thread was the other, but it's way down there these days.
Anyway, the QAnon shaman from the insurrection riot is trying to have his conviction overturned based on Tucker's video expose supposedly showing mitigating evidence of his innocence.
DOJ says nuts!

• Haha

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
If we had put a batch of bourbon in a barrel at the start of this thread, we'd have a halfway decent aged batch by now.

6 years later.... Yikes.
As long as it seems to be taking to hold this asshole accountable, it feels like waiting for some 12 year bourbon aging.
I would prefer to age a nice stout beer in used oak bourbon barrels, for a year or so. Best of both, and not having to wait for what seems like an eternity.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
So here I was minding my own business this afternoon reading through the subreddits dedicated to monitoring and reporting right wing extremists and I found a post linking to this tweet from a January 6th protestor who is coming off ankle monitoring. Low and behold look who the first response to this tweet is from. (EDIT - Don't watch the video, its awful).
2023_06_15_14_59_10_The_Lectern_Guy_on_Twitter_Months_spent_restricted_to_the_middle_district_.jpg

Last edited:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
So here I was minding my own business this afternoon reading through the subreddits dedicated to monitoring and reporting right wing extremists and I found a post linking to this tweet from a January 6th protestor who is coming off ankle monitoring. Low and behold look who the first response to this tweet is from. (EDIT - Don't watch the video, its awful).
View attachment 81791
Dude literally tried to overthrow the Constitution to have a king installed against the will of the People, but he's the Patriot resisting an oppressive govt..

SAD!

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
A guy who wants to go off grid using twitter just seems odd

He re-tweets Musk like he's paid to do it.
Just meme after meme after meme too. I'm sorry, but somebody that posts memes as some sort of "communication" just doesn't get any credit or sort of consideration from me.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
He re-tweets Musk like he's paid to do it.
Just meme after meme after meme too. I'm sorry, but somebody that posts memes as some sort of "communication" just doesn't get any credit or sort of consideration from me.
What I don't understand is the obsession with U.S. politics. He has more tweets about Biden and Trump than any Canadian politician. Its just bizzare.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
View attachment 81791
@Red Squirrel hitting the maple syrup a bit too much again?

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
What Da Fuq? I cannot imagine myself being so involved in Canadian Politics that I’d go there to be in a protest forget going there to be in a riot.
Deplorable’s are so weak minded it’s comical.
You're clearly not MAGA material. Do recall the "Canadian" trucker blockades ~ funded by Americans, and complete with Confederate flags...

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
General counsel lawyer behind the trumpian oath keepers... is officially mentally incompetent

That's really interesting. She must be in a very bad episode to not be competent to stand trial considering she's a lawyer.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
That's really interesting. She must be in a very bad episode to not be competent to stand trial considering she's a lawyer.
One doesn't need to be competent to be an Oath Keeper, IMHO, it's a hindrance to being an Oath Keeper. I first encountered these fine people near the Mexican border where they were defending America from the scourge of the earth early one Spring morn. Each was dressed head to toe in GI Joe wear right down to their tactical undies. They spent a lot of time looking through binoculars and talking to each other on their FRS radios. They looked perfectly ridiculous as octogenarian bird watchers strolled past them on their way up the canyon and septuagenarian fluorescent mineral nerds who had spent the night mineral hunting made their way out of the canyon with sixty pound loads of precious rocks.