Indictments coming...

Page 203 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
uh oh, graham is trying to get SCOTUS to save his ass...

he done goofed too much?
But the three-judge appellate panel ruled that “communications and coordination with the Trump campaign regarding its post-election efforts in Georgia, public statements regarding the 2020 election, and efforts to ‘cajole’ or ‘exhort’ Georgia election officials” are not constitutionally protected.

Reactions: Saylick

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
Man, look at all these high level guys going down!

Like someone I follow on Twitter said, "wake me up when they're complaining about the handcuffs being too tight and not a moment sooner."

Reactions: DarthKyrie

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Man, look at all these high level guys going down!

Like someone I follow on Twitter said, "wake me up when they're complaining about the handcuffs being too tight and not a moment sooner."
I think this is meant to be sarcastic but yes I think at this point it’s hard to argue I was not right. You guys all said Trump will never be indicted - what do you think now?

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Update, have now saved his ass.
Clarence Thomas, who else?

CNN: Justice Thomas freezes order for Graham to testify before grand jury

It's an administrative stay. It really doesn't mean anything except they are going to take some time to consider whether there is sufficient evidence to hear the case.

Reactions: hal2kilo

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Uncle Thomas needs time to confer with others to find a way to save Lady G from testifying. He's a team player and one looking out for his wife too remember.

With a different court I wouldn't worry much. With a court this corrupted with partisans who commit perjury, out to flip precedent? I have concerns.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
It's an administrative stay. It really doesn't mean anything except they are going to take some time to consider whether there is sufficient evidence to hear the case.

Yeah ... That’s because it is his area of responsibility. The stay means nothing. It just kicks it up to the whole court to consider. I won't draw any conclusions .... YET.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
5 years ago when this thread started we had Trump nailed for treason. I wonder what he'll be guilty of in 2027?

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
There is an out. Meadows will take this to a higher court. Eventually to the Clarence Thomas court, where Meadows will find his out.
That's the guy who really needs to go. And a couple of others.

SC is so totally broken. These appointments should be 10 year terms, maximum 2 or 3. And there should be 21 justices. The notion that a handful of people are so wise as to make the final decision on the most important cases is absurd.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
but his emails!
"four communications between Trump attorneys that appear to indicate they knew details they submitted to courts to challenge the election were false, and four emails that reveal them discussing filing lawsuits as a way to hold off congressional certification of Trump’s electoral loss,"

We now have a formal court ruling that Trump's attorneys made false court filings with the purpose of obstruction of justice on Trump's behalf. Sadly, not a criminal trial (yet) - and only Trump's attorneys appear to have been proven to participate in these crimes in the new evidence just released (not Trump directly, although all the filings were in his name, which pretty steeply implicates him).

From the Judge's ruling that led to disclosure of the attorney's e-mails:
In one email, for example, President Trump’s attorneys state that “[m]erely having this case pending in the Supreme Court, not ruled on, might be enough to delay consideration of Georgia.” This email, read in context with other documents in this review, make clear that President Trump filed certain lawsuits not to obtain legal relief, but to disrupt or delay the January 6 congressional proceedings through the courts. The Court finds that these four documents are sufficiently related to and in furtherance of the obstruction crime. Accordingly, the crime-fraud exception applies, and the Court ORDERS Dr. Eastman to disclose the four documents.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yeah, so this is why they need to ask judge to overturn privilege between Trump's attorneys and their client. They can testify to personal conversations with Trump, and probably other memos/notes that might be available for those meetings (Comey style).

This is like...RICO case for criminal conspiracy to commit sedition against the United States and replace an election.

This is what firing squads are for, and what they have often been deployed for. I don't see how letting Trump skate away from that fate can be good for anyone.