Indictments coming...

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
do you realize it's the exact same source this thread is based on and is in the OP?

the same source that has already been referenced dozens of times in this thread.

do you think that says something?

Does that some how make it acceptable?

Maybe you should become a trump supporter, I hear they like their bubbles.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Does that some how make it acceptable?

Maybe you should become a trump supporter, I hear they like their bubbles.

i take everything reported from unidentified sources with a grain of salt and regularly check media outlets that favor both sides of politics. if you are unable to do so, ah heck off and shut your mouth.

if you don't find this thread acceptable, then maybe you should just ignore it?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
i take everything reported from unidentified sources with a grain of salt and regularly check media outlets that favor both sides of politics.

if you don't find this thread acceptable, then maybe you should just ignore it?

Lol. If you don't want your posts and threads criticized then maybe you should stop posting on forums.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Lol. If you don't want your posts and threads criticized then maybe you should stop posting on forums.

you didn't criticize the subject of my post, you criticized me, maybe you should get a life?

the funny part is you agree with my positions in this thread.

it is clear you just joined this thread recently and haven't even read the vast majority of the thread.

why don't you inform yourself before saying stupid shit?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
you didn't criticize the subject of my post, you criticized me, maybe you should get a life?

the funny part is you agree with my positions in this thread.

it is clear you just joined this thread recently and haven't even read the vast majority of the thread.

why don't you inform yourself before saying stupid shit?

Lol, I criticized your source and then you got all butthurt because someone who holds similar positions as you doesn't approve of your sources. As if, because you believe the same things I do means you are above reproach.

A lame source is a lame source. Just because you accept things uncritically doesn't mean others have to as well.

I'll ask you again; does the fact that the information you are posting doesn't appear in any reputable sources concern you?

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
But Louise Mensh and Claude Taylor aren't the worst journalists In the world either. Don't they both have some fairly significant contacts? At the very least they've caught my attention from time to time. For sure a person must take what they report with a grain of salt but I'm not so certain they have earned disreputable status.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
But Louise Mensh and Claude Taylor aren't the worst journalists In the world either. Don't they both have some fairly significant contacts? At the very least they've caught my attention from time to time. For sure a person must take what they report with a grain of salt but I'm not so certain they have earned disreputable status.

They very well could be but that doesn't address my concerns and its obviously not a concern for the OP.

Reactions: Younigue
Sep 12, 2004
Whether it's silly or not depends on the facts. I think you're making a blanket assumption that reality falls about in the middle of the two, or leans slightly one way. That assumption might work out OK as a rule of thumb, but there's no need for a rule of thumb when you can actually look at the facts to determine who is right and who is wrong. Rules of thumb only make sense when information is limited. In a given case, the truth could turn out to be in the middle, a little toward one side, or much closer to one side than the other. I'll grant you that given the sheer number of points of disagreement that it's highly unlikely that one side is right all the time, but other than that I don't think any assumptions are in order. You just have to look at it issue by issue and figure it out. I'll just leave it at that.
It's not about the middle. I'm not sure where that even came from. My belief is that both sides are a-holes, yet one side seems to think they are better (way better in P&N) because they are currently the less smelly of the two and therefore their supporters can act like douchebags in the process. OK. Whatever. Congrats to them. However, Trump sucking major ass doesn't suddenly make the Dems smell sweet. It's still politics. People should not lose sight of that.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
"Multiple sources close to the intelligence, justice and law enforcement communities say that the House Judiciary Committee is considering Articles of Impeachment against the President of the United States.

Sources further say that the Supreme Court notified Mr. Trump that the formal process of a case of impeachment against him was begun, before he departed the country on Air Force One. The notification was given, as part of the formal process of the matter, in order that Mr. Trump knew he was not able to use his powers of pardon against other suspects in Trump-Russia cases. Sources have confirmed that the Marshal of the Supreme Court spoke to Mr. Trump."

https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/20...ommittee-considering-articles-of-impeachment/

Yes! we need more blog posts...

Sep 12, 2004
"Multiple sources close to the intelligence, justice and law enforcement communities say that the House Judiciary Committee is considering Articles of Impeachment against the President of the United States.

Sources further say that the Supreme Court notified Mr. Trump that the formal process of a case of impeachment against him was begun, before he departed the country on Air Force One. The notification was given, as part of the formal process of the matter, in order that Mr. Trump knew he was not able to use his powers of pardon against other suspects in Trump-Russia cases. Sources have confirmed that the Marshal of the Supreme Court spoke to Mr. Trump."

https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/20...ommittee-considering-articles-of-impeachment/
The Supreme Court does not notify the president of the process. That is not the protocol for impeachment. It begins in the House. The Chief Justice presides over the Senate portion of the process, and that doesn't begin until the House has done their part, which hasn't even begun yet.

So, sorry, but that blog is pure wishful thinking bullshit.

Sep 12, 2004
The Supreme Court does not notify the president of the process. That is not the protocol for impeachment. It begins in the House. The Chief Justice presides over the Senate portion of the process, and that doesn't begin until the House has done their part, which hasn't even begun yet.

So, sorry, but that blog is pure wishful thinking bullshit.

Edit: And, imo, the current moron-in-chief can't be removed from office soon enough. But facts is facts. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
It's not about the middle. I'm not sure where that even came from. My belief is that both sides are a-holes, yet one side seems to think they are better (way better in P&N) because they are currently the less smelly of the two and therefore their supporters can act like douchebags in the process. OK. Whatever. Congrats to them. However, Trump sucking major ass doesn't suddenly make the Dems smell sweet. It's still politics. People should not lose sight of that.
Well said. Unfortunately the proggies are being whipped up by their leaders in the mainstream press, which has moved from disturbing to irritating to downright amusing on the lunacy axis. Even Headline News has become unwatchable, being 75% Trump bashing where one reporter writes speculative fantasy based on the usual "anonymous sources" followed by twenty minutes of breathless analysis of the speculation.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Well said. Unfortunately the proggies are being whipped up by their leaders in the mainstream press, which has moved from disturbing to irritating to downright amusing on the lunacy axis. Even Headline News has become unwatchable, being 75% Trump bashing where one reporter writes speculative fantasy based on the usual "anonymous sources" followed by twenty minutes of breathless analysis of the speculation.

Yeh, it's reminiscent of Birtherism, Fast & Furious, IRS, Benghazi & Hillary's emails, huh?

Except there's a little more meat to it.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
YLBp0XV.jpg

it's starting?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Where's your sense of adventure?

The righties have been swallowing Trumps constant claims based on anonymous sources all along.

Seriously, what a joke this country has become.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Can you tell us, specifically, what major stories about the Trump administration are 'lunacy'?

Considering the performance of the administration so far and the number of self-inflicted wounds they have caused 75% anti-Trump reporting seems a bit biased in Trump's favor, wouldn't you say?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Once again: without anonymous sources Watergate would not have broken.

It comes down to the fact that conservatives find it increasingly difficult to defend Trump on the merits, but they can't be seen agreeing with the Hated Liberals. That's why you criticize liberals for criticizing Trump instead of actually trying to defend his actions.

Oh and then you throw in some conspiracy theory nonsense about the liberal media because the bubble has to be preserved.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I'm curious, what is Louise Mensch's track record with events that have transpired in the last few weeks? Has she been spot on with everything relative to WH handling of Comey's firing, the appointment of Mueller, and news related to the Flynn case? It seems to me, at least, that everything she's reported on the blog to date has been somewhat pointed in the right direction, but full of erroneous facts and debunked claims, as well as a complete lack of understanding of the process. Its almost as if their sources tell them something, and they spin it to fit their own narrative, but demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of what the source was actually speaking about.

Going forward, I wouldn't trust anything she says until the MSM can confirm it.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/may/16/fake-news-sites-reports-facts-louise-mensch
https://www.vox.com/world/2017/5/19/15561842/trump-russia-louise-mensch