Indictments coming...

Page 14 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Politics? Rational?

All anyone need do is read the posts from either major party adherent in here to realize that politics and rationality have absolutely nothing in common. They both still seem to believe that "My dog's better than your dog, my dog's better than yours." What they don't seem to realize is they are both betting on political dogs.

Obama was completely rational.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Politics? Rational?

All anyone need do is read the posts from either major party adherent in here to realize that politics and rationality have absolutely nothing in common. They both still seem to believe that "My dog's better than your dog, my dog's better than yours." What they don't seem to realize is they are both betting on political dogs.

I'll agree that politics isn't completely rational. Your own pontifications illustrate the point perfectly as do the attitudes of the Trumpsters.

Trump as President is the manifestation of very deep delusion, of minds poisoned by decades of relentless right wing mind rot specifically designed to destroy the govt of the people & democracy itself.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
It is strange how no Liberals have been charged with anything when a black attorney general had 40 FBI agents to investigate one police officer in Missouri. Can you say witch hunt?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It is strange how no Liberals have been charged with anything when a black attorney general had 40 FBI agents to investigate one police officer in Missouri. Can you say witch hunt?

Needs some Birtherism. maybe a little Benghazi. Some reference to Hillary's emails & the Deep State. Otherwise it won't resonate in the right wing echo chamber.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

yep. blackie always out to get you. and steal your freedom. you are such a victim.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
It is strange how no Liberals have been charged with anything when a black attorney general had 40 FBI agents to investigate one police department in Missouri. Can you say witch hunt?
Ftfy, also said department was found to be very biased in their treatment of minorities.

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
[Reuters] Exclusive: Tяump campaign had at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russians
Reuters said:
Michael Flynn and other advisers to Donald Trump’s campaign were in contact with Russian officials and others with Kremlin ties in at least 18 calls and emails during the last seven months of the 2016 presidential race, current and former U.S. officials familiar with the exchanges told Reuters.

The previously undisclosed interactions form part of the record now being reviewed by FBI and congressional investigators probing Russian interference in the U.S. presidential election and contacts between Trump’s campaign and Russia.

Six of the previously undisclosed contacts described to Reuters were phone calls between Sergei Kislyak, Russia's ambassador to the United States, and Trump advisers, including Flynn, Trump’s first national security adviser, three current and former officials said.

Sep 12, 2004
I'll agree that politics isn't completely rational. Your own pontifications illustrate the point perfectly as do the attitudes of the Trumpsters.

Trump as President is the manifestation of very deep delusion, of minds poisoned by decades of relentless right wing mind rot specifically designed to destroy the govt of the people & democracy itself.
You illustrate my point perfectly, Jhhnn. Yes, Trump is delusional and over the top, but so are you. That's what happens when someone becomes so far invested in one side and only one side. The sad part is that they don't seem to realize it. Trump doesn't. You don't either. Possibly there will come a day when you realize that. I don't hold out much hope for either you or Trump though. You are both fools...merely on the opposite side of the spectrum from each other.

You won't comprehend it in the least though, just as if someone told Trump that his thinking was fucked up. You both live in your own little delusional worlds of self-righteousness.

Reactions: edcoolio

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
You illustrate my point perfectly, Jhhnn. Yes, Trump is delusional and over the top, but so are you. That's what happens when someone becomes so far invested in one side and only one side. The sad part is that they don't seem to realize it. Trump doesn't. You don't either. Possibly there will come a day when you realize that. I don't hold out much hope for either you or Trump though. You are both fools...merely on the opposite side of the spectrum from each other.

You won't comprehend it in the least though, just as if someone told Trump that his thinking was fucked up. You both live in your own little delusional worlds of self-righteousness.

Hypothetically, suppose one side happened to be right the vast majority of the time. Would it then be "irrational" to support that side? Not a trick question. Just trying to tease out whether you think reality pretty much runs straight down the middle. If you do, that is fine. Just want to clarify.

Sep 12, 2004
Hypothetically, suppose one side happened to be right the vast majority of the time. Would it then be "irrational" to support that side? Not a trick question. Just trying to tease out whether you think reality pretty much runs straight down the middle. If you do, that is fine. Just want to clarify.
What if that side turned out to be the GOP? What if that side turned out to be the Dems?

What I find is that both sides tend to be right on occasion. imo, the Dems tend to be right more often. Do the Dems tend to be right the vast majority of the time? No. Because, also, imo, there are more than two sides to any issue. It isn't as simple as the GOP is wrong so the Dems must be right. That kind of thinking is just silly. ymmv.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
What if that side turned out to be the GOP? What if that side turned out to be the Dems?

What I find is that both sides tend to be right on occasion. imo, the Dems tend to be right more often. Do the Dems tend to be right the vast majority of the time? No. Because, also, imo, there are more than two sides to any issue. It isn't as simple as the GOP is wrong so the Dems must be right. That kind of thinking is just silly. ymmv.

Whether it's silly or not depends on the facts. I think you're making a blanket assumption that reality falls about in the middle of the two, or leans slightly one way. That assumption might work out OK as a rule of thumb, but there's no need for a rule of thumb when you can actually look at the facts to determine who is right and who is wrong. Rules of thumb only make sense when information is limited. In a given case, the truth could turn out to be in the middle, a little toward one side, or much closer to one side than the other. I'll grant you that given the sheer number of points of disagreement that it's highly unlikely that one side is right all the time, but other than that I don't think any assumptions are in order. You just have to look at it issue by issue and figure it out. I'll just leave it at that.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Nice variations on the "Both Sides" line of bullshit.

When were Repubs right about the big things, the things that really matter, let alone Trump?

Military adventurism in Afghanistan & Iraq? Guantanamo? Financial deregulation? Ownership Society? Trickle down economics?

Will we deport ~10% of the population of greater LA? Will Mexico pay for a wall? Will strict voter ID stop insignificant voter fraud? Can we win the WoD with harsh sentencing? Will boosting military spending make America safer? Will destroying public education serve the masses? What part of billionaire tax cuts does the rest of us any good?

Tell us when Repubs have been right about much of anything, other than being able to con the gullible.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Needs some Birtherism. maybe a little Benghazi. Some reference to Hillary's emails & the Deep State. Otherwise it won't resonate in the right wing echo chamber.

IMO it needs more wanton hypocrisy. Like this:

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
"Multiple sources close to the intelligence, justice and law enforcement communities say that the House Judiciary Committee is considering Articles of Impeachment against the President of the United States.

Sources further say that the Supreme Court notified Mr. Trump that the formal process of a case of impeachment against him was begun, before he departed the country on Air Force One. The notification was given, as part of the formal process of the matter, in order that Mr. Trump knew he was not able to use his powers of pardon against other suspects in Trump-Russia cases. Sources have confirmed that the Marshal of the Supreme Court spoke to Mr. Trump."

https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/20...ommittee-considering-articles-of-impeachment/

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
"Multiple sources close to the intelligence, justice and law enforcement communities say that the House Judiciary Committee is considering Articles of Impeachment against the President of the United States.

Sources further say that the Supreme Court notified Mr. Trump that the formal process of a case of impeachment against him was begun, before he departed the country on Air Force One. The notification was given, as part of the formal process of the matter, in order that Mr. Trump knew he was not able to use his powers of pardon against other suspects in Trump-Russia cases. Sources have confirmed that the Marshal of the Supreme Court spoke to Mr. Trump."

https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/20...ommittee-considering-articles-of-impeachment/
The feces have impacted the spinning blade.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Was that the best source you could find? Do you think that says something?

Reactions: pcgeek11

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Was that the best source you could find? Do you think that says something?

do you realize it's the exact same source this thread is based on and is in the OP?

the same source that has already been referenced dozens of times in this thread.

do you think that says something?