Indictments coming...

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
o
Have you bothered to peruse the threads in this forum? Nearly every one is about slamming Trump. That points to a problem with obsession of those on the left. Where is the thread that asks "Where did we go wrong?"

I must have missed it. Or maybe the lefties just aren't introspective? Is that where I'm wrong? Does the left not care to look at their own faults and only feel inclined to blame everyone else for losing to a moron and an idiot? Because it seems to me there should be some major introspection in this case.
Well you not seeing it is not the same as it not existing.

Likewise, conflating what you think of the left on this board with The Left as a whole is just fucking dumb.

But good lord, the party and people actually in power garner the majority of the attention. How is that surprising or at all bizarre?

Did Obama threads not exist all the fucking time for 8 years (and beyond)?

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Though I appreciate your reply, I don't know what to do with an argument involving a hypothetical wish scenario being used against an argument that states such hypotheticals are basically worthless. We'll never know what might have happened, all that's left is to deal with the fallout, and the determination of whether any of what transpired is a punishable offense.

So what is a valid analysis of what happened then?

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
I'm concerned about the Democrats losing to a moron like Trump. If you aren't then you are part of the problem.

But motor on and imagine that Trump is the real problem. Ignorance is rampant in this country.
Indeed. And the party in power is pushing to continually fuck up education and insure that ignorance remains strong.

But unions and bad teachers, am I right?

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
He's very, very concerned about the state of the Democratic party.

Very concerned.
Clearly. It's so strong I envision him sitting, fists balled, face red, head looking ready to burst as he breaths heavily through his nose and spittle flying everywhere from his scrunched up lips.

He ignores me so I've been having some fun with that.

I have concluded that he lands no where with his ideology. Unless of course I count The Rage Party, that has yet to form. The party will have no solutions. The speaking points will in fact be one point, everyone sucks. The only platform goal will be to get everyone to accept that they suck. Wait... Is Chickenlicks Trump? He makes about as much sense.

Reactions: nickqt

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
So what is a valid analysis of what happened then?
The best analyses come with time. The best thing we can do right now is make sure that all the evidence sees the light of day as quickly as possible. The longer it drags on, the more wild speculation occurs and, conversely, the more opportunity to conceal damning evidence.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
Chickenlicks, Chickenlicks, Chickenlicks... You should probably give up on politics all together. No one and you mean no one can or will govern as you see fit nor will the people do or think anything right. You more than any of the rest of us serve no purpose. In fact your voice actually doesn't matter nor does your vote, now or in the future. I've never said those words to any one before in my life but in your case I believe it whole heartedly. Huh, it feels right, ya know.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
o
Have you bothered to peruse the threads in this forum? Nearly every one is about slamming Trump. That points to a problem with obsession of those on the left. Where is the thread that asks "Where did we go wrong?"

I must have missed it. Or maybe the lefties just aren't introspective? Is that where I'm wrong? Does the left not care to look at their own faults and only feel inclined to blame everyone else for losing to a moron and an idiot? Because it seems to me there should be some major introspection in this case.

These threads are primarily about what went wrong and how to fix it:

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/the-democratic-party-continues-to-ignore-reality.2505151/
https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...d-a-real-shot-in-fact-would-have-won.2505591/
https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/bernie-sanders-favorability-rating-61.2501878/

There are others which contain commentary on the topic. Those are just the recent ones which are principally about the topic.

Granted, there are more threads critical of Trump. Yet somehow I think people on the left can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.

Reactions: jackstar7

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I'm concerned about the Democrats losing to a moron like Trump. If you aren't then you are part of the problem.

But motor on and imagine that Trump is the real problem. Ignorance is rampant in this country.
A "moron" is President because there are 63 million brain-washed idiots who have lost all touch with objective, observable reality, as designed by their masters on Hate Media, and the enablers on the mainstream media who enable it by shouting BothSidesDoIt™.

But it's really the Democratic party who is to blame.

Hilarious analysis, champ.

Sep 12, 2004
These threads are primarily about what went wrong and how to fix it:

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/the-democratic-party-continues-to-ignore-reality.2505151/
https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...d-a-real-shot-in-fact-would-have-won.2505591/
https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/bernie-sanders-favorability-rating-61.2501878/

There are others which contain commentary on the topic. Those are just the recent ones which are principally about the topic.

Granted, there are more threads critical of Trump. Yet somehow I think people on the left can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.
Those threads pretend to be about what's wrong about Democrats but primarily contain snarky commentary from the lefties in here who refuse to admit that a Trump presidency is the result of bad choices by the Democratic party. Who cares if they can walk and chew gum at the same time? Do they want an award?

Sep 12, 2004
A "moron" is President because there are 63 million brain-washed idiots who have lost all touch with objective, observable reality, as designed by their masters on Hate Media, and the enablers on the mainstream media who enable it by shouting BothSidesDoIt™.

But it's really the Democratic party who is to blame.

Hilarious analysis, champ.
Remain in denial. The large percentage of your fellow brethren do. But hey, you guys are the vast majority in here in AT. You can run roughshod over any who disagrees. That's such an awesome thing by lefties, stomping on anyone who might not toe the line.

I hope your jackboots fit nice and snug. If not, re-tie them.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Remain in denial. The large percentage of your fellow brethren do. But hey, you guys are the vast majority in here in AT. You can run roughshod over any who disagrees. That's such an awesome thing by lefties, stomping on anyone who might not toe the line.

I hope your jackboots fit nice and snug. If not, re-tie them.

the vast majority of Americans think Trump is an idiot.

he is literally his own worst enemy on a daily basis.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Those threads pretend to be about what's wrong about Democrats but primarily contain snarky commentary from the lefties in here who refuse to admit that a Trump presidency is the result of bad choices by the Democratic party. Who cares if they can walk and chew gum at the same time? Do they want an award?

I doubt you even read those threads beyond a few posts. I find it interesting that you didn't participate in any of them. If you think there's something specific the dems could do better (other than the obvious - a different candidate) you could always weigh in. But you won't, because your purpose here is not constructive. This is just a rage fest for you.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Check the thread title. It's obviously not about Democrats unless you think Hillary will be indicted.

Democrat's bad choices induced 62,984,825 people to vote for Trump? Or was it decades of relentless mind bending right wing agitprop?

Jan 25, 2011
the vast majority of Americans think Trump is an idiot.

he is literally his own worst enemy on a daily basis.
In fairness almost as many think he's an incompetent unqualified liar too. At least according to a recent Quinnipiac survey.

"What is the first word that comes to mind when you think of Donald Trump?" Open-ended. Numbers are not percentages. Figures show the number of times each response was given. Only top mentions shown.

Number of
mentions

idiot

incompetent

liar

leader

unqualified

Sep 12, 2004
I doubt you even read those threads beyond a few posts. I find it interesting that you didn't participate in any of them. If you think there's something specific the dems could do better (other than the obvious - a different candidate) you could always weigh in. But you won't, because your purpose here is not constructive. This is just a rage fest for you.
I have no rage here. But there are people, apparently like you, who choose to view my posts as rage. Maybe it makes you feel better about your political views, I don't know? Or maybe you can't come up with a decent retort because you know I am right?

I am merely making observations. Trump didn't win this presidency; the left lost it. The left wasn't beaten by some massive crowd. They even complained that Trump lost the popular vote.

The left and Democrats fucked up. Accept the blame and move on by improving the party. And if they run the Hildabeast again in 2020 they deserve to be tied to a post and lashed.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I have no rage here. But there are people, apparently like you, who choose to view my posts as rage. Maybe it makes you feel better about your political views, I don't know? Or maybe you can't come up with a decent retort because you know I am right?

I am merely making observations. Trump didn't win this presidency; the left lost it. The left wasn't beaten by some massive crowd. They even complained that Trump lost the popular vote.

The left and Democrats fucked up. Accept the blame and move on by improving the party. And if they run the Hildabeast again in 2020 they deserve to be tied to a post and lashed.

I'm still trying to figure out how Dems mind fucked nearly 63M people into voting for Trump. Perhaps you can explain.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

I view your posts as filled with rage because they sound like they're filled with rage. Go back and re-read them, then ask yourself, if someone else posted these, would I assume they were principally motivated by anger or not?

I also notice the lack of anything constructive. You say democrats should blame themselves entirely for Trump's win, but I haven't heard much about how you think we should fix it, other than your general sentiment that all liberals should stop being assholes or some such thing. Rage.

No, that's absurd. It takes two sides to determine an election result. There are many, many things that other parties besides democrats did to influence this outcome. That doesn't mean that democrats have no blame. It does mean that it's ridiculous to attribute all of it to them.

So that is all? Run another candidate? I'm pretty sure that much is obvious. No chance Clinton will even attempt to re-run, and if she did, she wouldn't win the primary. She's damaged good after losing to Trump. And if you looked at any of those threads, you'd have noticed that not a single person suggested that Clinton should be the candidate again in 2020.

You got anything else?

Sep 12, 2004
I view your posts as filled with rage because they sound like they're filled with rage. Go back and re-read them, then ask yourself, if someone else posted these, would I assume they were principally motivated by anger or not?

I also notice the lack of anything constructive. You say democrats should blame themselves entirely for Trump's win, but I haven't heard much about how you think we should fix it, other than your general sentiment that all liberals should stop being assholes or some such thing. Rage.
All liberals? Can you point out where I said that? I'm pointing my finger at those in here in ATPN. In fact, I don't believe that the liberals in this forum have any relationship to actual liberals. They've long been a majority in here though and through that majority feel they can act like major jackasses in the process. The lefty Gestapo. Destroy anyone who doesn't walk the Groupthink tightrope.

No, that's absurd. It takes two sides to determine an election result. There are many, many things that other parties besides democrats did to influence this outcome. That doesn't mean that democrats have no blame. It does mean that it's ridiculous to attribute all of it to them.
The election was the left's to win. Peruse the threads in here prior to Trump's victory. The cocky d-bags tell all.

So that is all? Run another candidate? I'm pretty sure that much is obvious. No chance Clinton will even attempt to re-run, and if she did, she wouldn't win the primary. She's damaged good after losing to Trump. And if you looked at any of those threads, you'd have noticed that not a single person suggested that Clinton should be the candidate again in 2020.

You got anything else?
What major adjustments has the Democratic party made after the election? Who went down for the loss? Anyone of substance? Yeah, I got plenty else. How about you?

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
@TastesLikeChicken ... seriously, piss off with your tone trolling bullshit. We're past the time for civility about this. We are facing a full-blown Constitutional crisis here, and Drumpf is the collective karma of 45+ years of GOP corruption made manifest. We could be looking at the end of our democratic institutions here, do you understand that?!

Sep 12, 2004
I'm still trying to figure out how Dems mind fucked nearly 63M people into voting for Trump. Perhaps you can explain.
To start with, they fucked Bernie over. That doesn't account for all that voted for Trump, but it accounts for enough to explain the Hildabeast losing.

Do you have anything else, Jhhnn?

Sep 12, 2004
@TastesLikeChicken ... seriously, piss off with your tone trolling bullshit. We're past the time for civility about this. We are facing a full-blown Constitutional crisis here, and Drumpf is the collective karma of 45+ years of GOP corruption made manifest. We could be looking at the end of our democratic institutions here, do you understand that?!
Thank the Dems for allowing the dipshit to be elected in the first place and for all this to be put in motion. Ignore the facts all you want and try to pretend the GOP is the problem but ultimately it's on everyone that calls themselves a Dem. Congrats. Accept the blame and move on.

Now all of you..piss off yourself. Stop making lame excuses for your poor decisions.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Thank the Dems for allowing the dipshit to be elected in the first place and for all this to be put in motion. Ignore the facts all you want and try to pretend the GOP is the problem but ultimately it's on everyone that calls themselves a Dem. Congrats. Accept the blame and move on.

Now all of you..piss off yourself. Stop making lame excuses for your poor decisions.
I'm still blaming Trump voters. Nothing you have stated in this thread absolves them of their stupid action. In fact, attempting to blame anybody but Trump voters is a lame ass diversion and responsibility ducking, the sort of refusal to accept personal responsibility I've come to expect from conservatives.

Sep 12, 2004
I'm still blaming Trump voters. Nothing you have stated in this thread absolves them of their stupid action. In fact, attempting to blame anybody but Trump voters is a lame ass diversion and responsibility ducking, the sort of refusal to accept personal responsibility I've come to expect from conservatives.
Allow me to point out the error in your response. Not all Trump voters were conservatives. The Dems pissed off the Bernie-bros. And plenty of libertarians didn't care for Hilary either. Enough of those were put off to hold their nose and vote for the orange dude and turn the tide. The left/Dems hold the blame. Ignore reality if you want but facts are facts.