Incomprehensible mass shooting happens again

Page 28 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Remember when Republicans were able to blame the lone officer for not running into the school at Parkland. Kinda hard to do that now.

The only thing we have left is to crackdown on gun safety.
The parents need to sue the that PD out of existence, and start again from scratch.

Reactions: Linux23 and Number1

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
One more thing. It is NOT TRUE that 90 percent of Americans support common sense gun laws. Not even 80 percent. Not even 30 percent of Americans support common sense gun laws because if even 30 percent of America actually did support common sense gun legislation then a Ted Cruz would NEVER get elected. Presidents like Donald Trump would NEVER get elected. Mitch McConnell and Chuck Grassley would NEVER get elected yet alone re-elected.
So, whats the problem here???
People lie. Americans lie to pollsters, Americans lie to themselves.
Not enough Americans actually support common sense gun laws because if they did.... then we would have common sense gun laws in America.
Yes, its true, a majority of Americans are just fine with dead children from school shootings JUST AS LONG AS .... its not one if their kids.

America, ever heard of a mirror? THEN LOOK INTO ONE.... WITNESS YOUR HYPOCRISY.

Reactions: Muse

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
One more thing. It is NOT TRUE that 90 percent of Americans support common sense gun laws. Not even 80 percent. Not even 30 percent of Americans support common sense gun laws because if even 30 percent of America actually did support common sense gun legislation then a Ted Cruz would NEVER get elected. Presidents like Donald Trump would NEVER get elected. Mitch McConnell and Chuck Grassley would NEVER get elected yet alone re-elected.
So, whats the problem here???
People lie. Americans lie to pollsters, Americans lie to themselves.
Not enough Americans actually support common sense gun laws because if they did.... then we would have common sense gun laws in America.
Yes, its true, a majority of Americans are just fine with dead children from school shootings JUST AS LONG AS .... its not one if their kids.

America, ever heard of a mirror? THEN LOOK INTO ONE.... WITNESS YOUR HYPOCRISY.
I think you are missing the part where the conservative brain is so broken, it can't connect the things they don't like with the people responsible for doing them if those people are on their team. They literally have no sense of causality when it comes to things that could short circuit their thinking.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
The father says he's not a monster.
That's just the father in him talking.

"“I don’t want them calling him a monster... they don’t know nothing, man,” he said. “They don’t know anything he was going through.”

If the shooter was not a monster then he was mentally ill, which may cut him some slack
from being a monster but who the fuck tells 10 year olds "You're all going to die," and "its time to die", before opening fire, except a monster.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Have you considered arming the kids?
small 5 round 22's with a small suppressor.
I know I know, vs. an AR right, but if ALL the kids are shooting at the same time, I think it could work.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Everyone should just be provided with a couple of these
Clawz.jpg

And when you get an active shooter situation you play the mortal kombat spu dtrack on the PA.

Reactions: cytg111

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014

The boys in blue need their privilege's revoked.

It's been clear for quite some time that there is a lack of training and standards when it comes to law enforcement.

If your a lone cop I can understand the hesitation, but to have an entire police force idlily not do anything for an hour is reprehensible.

Maybe this is a controversial opinion but I rather the army be the first response to these domestic terrorists. Faith in law enforcement is at all time low.

Reactions: Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I don't know if this was posted here. Got it through Rawstory post. I don't usually read or hit those links, but this one I did. This is amazing.

Reestablish the assault weapons ban for civilians in America and this time make it permanent (it expired in 2004). Kick out the jams, mutherfucker.

m8d

Nov 5, 2012
Arm the children will be the new GOP motto by the end of the weekend.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Arm the children will be the new GOP motto by the end of the weekend.
Not. Show me. But in Texas? Wacko Waco WTFKnows. Right now, thanks to Abbott, when you are 18 in TX, you can walk into a gun store and buy AR15's legally. You can carry without a license in TX. It's bedlam in TX.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I don't know if this was posted here. Got it through Rawstory post. I don't usually read or hit those links, but this one I did. This is amazing.

Reestablish the assault weapons ban for civilians in America and this time make it permanent (it expired in 2004). Kick out the jams, mutherfucker.

11 year old girl who called 911 from inside the classroom after taking a cell phone from her dead teacher and then played dead by smearing her friends blood on her wanted to do the interview so she could "prevent this from happening to other KIDS in the future."

And the NRA is circle jerking over big guns to compensate for their utterly weak and feckless selves 300 miles away. Fuck I'm angry.

Reactions: Linux23

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
11 year old girl who called 911 from inside the classroom after taking a cell phone from her dead teacher
Not just retrieve the phone from the teacher, likely unlock it with the dead body.

But how messed up these kids will be. Better not be seeing stupid Texas government limiting how much psychological help they’ll need

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
11 year old girl who called 911 from inside the classroom after taking a cell phone from her dead teacher and then played dead by smearing her friends blood on her wanted to do the interview so she could "prevent this from happening to other KIDS in the future."

And the NRA is circle jerking over big guns to compensate for their utterly weak and feckless selves 300 miles away. Fuck I'm angry.
This is a really good overall assessment. This is concise, sober and fact based:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: pmv

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I hope 2/3rds of this country are still as horrified and pissed off in November as they are now.

This, I guess.

dLlIsdB.jpeg

Last edited:

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Maybe this is a controversial opinion but I rather the army be the first response to these domestic terrorists.

A glance at Northern Ireland might suggest that's not a great idea. And isn't it against your Constitution, anyway?
Better cops ought to be the first recourse, surely?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
keeps getting worse the more we find out...

now, i admittedly have no idea WTF yubo is. obviously it's not facebook or twitter though.

Reactions: Captante

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Regarding effectiveness of assault weapon bans:

WHmx8Ut.png

That red line? Roughly the dawn of mainstream internet / social media.
Many people in our society are sick.
The idea of doing this was placed in all their heads, where as it was not such a prominent reoccurring thought before.
It's a societal ill that, like a genie, cannot be put back in the bottle.

• Haha
Reactions: dank69

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
The idea of doing this was placed in all their heads, where as it was not such a prominent reoccurring thought before.
there is an increased likelihood of a mass-shooting after any given mass-shooting occurs. this is pretty well documented

also from that chart, in some ways it looks lik there are "bursts" in the data. it goes up and down kinda like a sine wave, but the amplitude definitely gets bigger over time

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I hope 2/3rds of this country are still as horrified and pissed off in November as they are now.

This, I guess.

dLlIsdB.jpeg
those guys were all sworn to storm. 19 of them in that hall for ~45 minutes, bona fide cowards who refused to do their job. For shame, and Abbott and Cruz, McGraw, all those cowboy hat wearing posers, and trump headlining at the NRA convention in Houston and his lies and bullshit? Gag me with a spoon.

Reactions: Linux23

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
you can do 1 thing: take away their guns, starting with their ability to acquire them.