In NYC more African America babies are aborted than born.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Wow... that's still a lot of abortions compared to live births. Wonder why the trend is so much higher in a blue city like NYC? <ponders>

Maybe it's because individual freedoms like choice have more value in "blue cities".

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001

Thanks for bringing that up. You claim that overstating the number/nature of shootings was an attempt by the left to "mislead, over-magnify a problem for partisan goals" (your exact words.)

Hmm... so then, your assertion that Sanger "spoke at KKK rallies" when in actuality she made one birth control talk at one meeting of KKK women must be your rightist attempt "to mislead, over-magnifiy a problem for partisan goals" (again - your words.)

Nov 25, 2013
Why do minorities get so many more abortions per capita? Was Margaret Sanger. leftist champion and celebrated founder of Planned Parenthood for or against eugenics?

Was noted conservative politician Winston Churchill for or against eugenics?

And, just sticking to Americans:

Was Alexander Graham Bell?

Was Theodore Roosevelt?

Calvin Coolidge?

Henry Cabot Lodge?

Henry Ford?

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.?

Dr. John Harvey Kellogg?

"One of the dirtiest realities of the American eugenics movement is that, with relatively few prominent exceptions, it is difficult to find a white Anglo-Saxon Protestant man (or woman) of means who did not endorse such theories. As the “social Darwinist” Herbert Spencer famously opined, it was a matter of the “survival of the fittest.” “Race suicide,” a term introduced in 1901 by the University of Wisconsin sociologist and best-selling author Edward A. Ross, was a concern that captured the American conversation all the way up to the White House. Behind his “bully pulpit,” President Theodore Roosevelt repeatedly wrung his hands over the issue."

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation...uled-science-lets-never-let-that-happen-again

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
It's amazing that so many Dems, and especially minorities, support planned parenthood to me considering who founded it and what it's purpose was. And still is.

Reactions: SlowSpyder

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It's amazing that so many Dems, and especially minorities, support planned parenthood to me considering who founded it and what it's purpose was. And still is.

Why would minorities have a problem with Margaret Sanger and what was the purpose of the founding of Planned Parenthood?

Before you answer this you might want to think about where you got your information about Sanger and Planned Parenthood from and whether or not they are generally considered honest or reputable sources.

Aug 11, 2008
Have to say, although I dont feel abortion should be made illegal, I dont really understand the high rates when birth control is readily available. Even 50% of that of live births is unbelievably high. Something like 10% would seem like a reasonable number to me.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Have to say, although I dont feel abortion should be made illegal, I dont really understand the high rates when birth control is readily available. Even 50% of that of live births is unbelievably high. Something like 10% would seem like a reasonable number to me.

Maybe some of those "not really scientists" sociologists can explain it to us. Or just listen to the raving fundie-whacks.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Why would minorities have a problem with Margaret Sanger and what was the purpose of the founding of Planned Parenthood?

Before you answer this you might want to think about where you got your information about Sanger and Planned Parenthood from and whether or not they are generally considered honest or reputable sources.

True Believers eschew facts in favor of Faith.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
maybe it's because having a child is dangerous if you're a black woman
https://www.npr.org/2017/12/07/5689...iving-birth-shalon-irvings-story-explains-why
In recent years, as high rates of maternal mortality in the U.S. have alarmed researchers, one statistic has been especially concerning. According to the CDC, black mothers in the U.S. die at three to four times the rate of white mothers, one of the widest of all racial disparities in women's health.
Black women are 49 percent more likely than whites to deliver prematurely (and, closely related, black infants are twice as likely as white babies to die before their first birthday).

Nov 8, 2012

I can understand it. Wearing a rubber is a pain in the ass.... There is nothing romantic or sexy about it. There is nothing that helps "set the mood" and if anything is a cock block of sorts... If overriding the repercussions (pregnancy) is as simple as taking a pill with a small fee) who wouldn't?

I'm not a woman so I can't tell you what taking "the pill" is like, but my woman constantly complains about it so I'm sure that hormone control isn't as simple as we perceive.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

Her own words prove you to be a defender of a bigot that wanted to thin the heard of undesirables. I didn't think much of you before, but I thought more of you than this.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
I’m fine with that and am of the opinion that there should be more abortions than births no matter the race. There are way, way, way too many people on this planet. The only feasible long term strategy is to reduce our numbers. Yes I’m 100% serious.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I’m fine with that and am of the opinion that there should be more abortions than births no matter the race. There are way, way, way too many people on this planet. The only feasible long term strategy is to reduce our numbers. Yes I’m 100% serious.

I believe more than anything over population is the biggest threat we face in the immediate future. I just would like to think there were better ways to go about this.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
I believe more than anything over population is the biggest threat we face in the immediate future. I just would like to think there were better ways to go about this.

There probably is but I think the issue is pressing enough that I’m willing to sacrifice morality to achieve it. Not going to lie even without the threat of overpopulation I’m still a very pro choice individual.

Reactions: DarthKyrie