In NYC more African America babies are aborted than born.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
MLK on Margaret Sanger:

In 1966, Martin Luther King Jr. made clear that he agreed that Sanger’s life’s work was anything but inhumane. In 1966, when King received Planned Parenthood’s Margaret Sanger Award in Human Rights, he praised her contributions to the black community. “There is a striking kinship between our movement and Margaret Sanger’s early efforts,” he said. “…Margaret Sanger had to commit what was then called a crime in order to enrich humanity, and today we honor her courage and vision.”

http://time.com/4081760/margaret-sanger-history-eugenics/

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
While I am vehemently opposed to abortion, I also recognize that it's a symptom of a problem and not a direct problem in of itself. Abortion is more common in communities that don't value the individual, so things like marriage, the importance of fatherhood, and education levels (and much more) all have an impact on the statistics. Because banning abortion doesn't address any of those issues, women will resort to significantly more dangerous measures to effectively achieve the same result.

If you REALLY want to see abortion rates drop in this country, you have to go after the importance of individual value, and you can't do that by passing laws.

Pontificate more.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yea, she wanted to sterilize people that weren't up to her standards and was BFF's with high ranking KKK members. Nothing to see here...

"Sanger’s eugenics creed is clearly stated in her speech “My Way to Peace”(1932). The centerpiece of the program is vigorous state use of compulsory sterilization and segregation. The first class of persons targeted for sterilization is made up of people with mental or physical disability. “The first step would be to control the intake and output on morons, mental defectives, epileptics.” A much larger class of undesirables would be forced to choose either sterilization or placement in state work camps. “The second step would be to take an inventory of the second group, such as illiterates, paupers, unemployables, criminals, prostitutes, dope-fiends; classify them in special departments under government medical protection and segregate them on farms and open spaces.” Those segregated in these camps could return to mainstream society if they underwent sterilization and demonstrated good behavior. Sanger estimates that 15 million to 20 million Americans would be targeted in this regime of forced sterilization and concentration camps. In Sanger, the humanitarian dream of a world without poverty and illness has deteriorated into a coercive world where the poor, the disabled and the addicted simply disappear.

Sanger’s eugenics project carried its own racial preoccupation. In a letter of Dec. 10, 1939, to Clarence Gamble (cited here), she explains the nature of her organization’s outreach to the African-American community: “The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don’t want the word to get out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.” In her autobiography she proudly recounts her address to the women of the Ku Klux Klan in Silver Lake, N.J., in 1926. "

https://www.americamagazine.org/pol...s-eugenicist-why-are-we-still-celebrating-her

More lies:

https://www.politifact.com/georgia/...laims-planned-parenthood-founded-planned-gen/

Those who think Sanger wanted black genocide cite the Negro Project. But even their strongest evidence, a passage from a letter she wrote advocating that organizers recruit black ministers for the project, does not come close to proving a genocidal plot.

Sanger wrote that "We don’t want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs."

But her correspondence shows this sentence advocates for black doctors and ministers to play leadership roles in the Negro Project to avoid misunderstandings. Lynchings and Jim Crow laws gave blacks good reason to be wary of attempts to limit the number of children they bore. In Harlem, she hired a black doctor and social worker to quell those fears.

The facts of the Negro Project suggest nothing more genocidal than a public health project. Black leaders DuBois and Mary McLeod Bethune, founder of the National Council of Negro Women, and the pastor of the influential black Abyssinian Baptist Church were members of its advisory council. First lady Eleanor Roosevelt was supportive.

For Sanger to launch a genocidal plot behind their backs and leave no true evidence in her numerous writings would require powers just shy of witchcraft.

Really, calling the Negro Project a genocidal plot defies common sense. Why would Sanger try to destroy a race of people by giving them access to the very thing she thought could make life better?

Look, you got busted for lying again, just own it. There is nothing in Sanger's past that suggests she was bigoted against black people. She did address a KKK auxiliary at one point, only to remark afterwards how stupid she thought they were. Either you got duped again or you're actively attempting to spread misinformation.

It's odd that the Smartest Man on ATPN is such an easy mark for disinformation, haha.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
More lies:

https://www.politifact.com/georgia/...laims-planned-parenthood-founded-planned-gen/

Look, you got busted for lying again, just own it. There is nothing in Sanger's past that suggests she was bigoted against black people. She did address a KKK auxiliary at one point, only to remark afterwards how stupid she thought they were. Either you got duped again or you're actively attempting to spread misinformation.

It's odd that the Smartest Man on ATPN is such an easy mark for disinformation, haha.

I'll take her own fucking words over a leftist website's opinion that is needed to keep the leftist narrative alive.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I'll take her own fucking words over a leftist website's opinion that is needed to keep the leftist narrative alive.

Don't forget the opinion of literally every historian Politifact could find about the issue:

Every academic PolitiFact Georgia consulted said that Cain’s claim is wrong.

You should take her own words for it. She was saying she wished to combat misinformation of exactly the sort you're trying to peddle here.

Also it's hilarious that literally every website that tells you you're wrong is part of some leftist conspiracy against you.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
So he was fooled like you. Did you see post #23?

Yes, I've read that quote many times. It's a quote the American right has been spinning ever since. You didn't read the links we provided. She wasn't talking about wanting to exterminate black people. She was referring to it being perceived that way by the black community. Re-read your own Sanger quote.

MLK wasn't fooled. He knew Sanger. His remarks were made while she was still alive. He wasn't parsing old quotes.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Interesting that actual black people do not share Spidey's opinion about Sanger's position towards them.

Sometimes it's nice to take a step back and recognize the absolutely staggering level of ignorance and arrogance necessary for him to say that all these contemporary leaders of the black community that worked with her didn't know her and her intentions as well as Spidey does because he read something on the internet.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Interesting that actual black people do not share Spidey's opinion about Sanger's position towards them.

Sometimes it's nice to take a step back and recognize the absolutely staggering level of ignorance and arrogance necessary for him to say that all these contemporary leaders of the black community that worked with her didn't know her and her intentions as well as Spidey does because he read something on the internet.

http://margaretsanger.blogspot.com/

Look, in here is a black man saying she was racist, and saying more or less the same things I've said about her in this thread. So...

How many KKK rallies did she speak at again..?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
http://margaretsanger.blogspot.com/

Look, in here is a black man saying she was racist, and saying more or less the same things I've said about her in this thread. So...

How many KKK rallies did she speak at again..?

LOL. Politifact is a secret liberal plant. Martin Luther King, WEB Dubois, and countless other contemporaries were fooled. All the historians were wrong.

Know who is right though? A ‘black guy’ on blogspot. I love how MLK isn’t a good enough source for you but blogspot is.

Hahaha. Honestly thanks for this. I find it extremely funny.

Reactions: darkswordsman17

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
It's also interesting that since Roe v Wade, abortions are at their lowest rate.

So while we debate, remember that more unsafe, back alley abortions were performed before safer procedures were allowed.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...n-rate-falls-to-lowest-level-since-roe-v-wade

I don't want abortion made illegal, as another poster said I think it is a symptom and not a cause. Abortion, guns, drugs... make them illegal and only outlaws will have them, but they will have them.

That being said, I still find this to be a sad stat. Also I find undeniably racist and pro-eugenics Margaret Sanger and the left today to be strange bedfellows. But then again I think the left hardly hold any sort of moral high ground when it comes to stopping the creation and furthering of racism these days, but they're too emotional to see what they are doing logically. So maybe not all that strange.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
‘I don’t believe contemporary black rights leaders, professional fact checking websites, or professional historians. I believe blogspot.’

‘I wish people would think more logically.’

LOL. Keep going man, this is getting funnier and funnier.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
‘I don’t believe contemporary black rights leaders, professional fact checking websites, or professional historians. I believe blogspot.’

‘I wish people would think more logically.’

LOL. Keep going man, this is getting funnier and funnier.

Look at the facts and then look at which side of the fence you call on. She spoke at KKK rallies. She was pro-eugenics. Her own quotes make it plain how she viewed things. Yet you are so partisan you suspend reality to pretend like she's not what she plainly is.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I don't want abortion made illegal, as another poster said I think it is a symptom and not a cause. Abortion, guns, drugs... make them illegal and only outlaws will have them, but they will have them.

That being said, I still find this to be a sad stat. Also I find undeniably racist and pro-eugenics Margaret Sanger and the left today to be strange bedfellows. But then again I think the left hardly hold any sort of moral high ground when it comes to stopping the creation and furthering of racism these days, but they're too emotional to see what they are doing logically. So maybe not all that strange.

Like it or not, abortions show a steady decline since 1981.

There's are article linked in your original OP link that talks about why.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Look at the facts and then look at which side of the fence you call on. She spoke at KKK rallies. She was pro-eugenics. Her own quotes make it plain how she viewed things. Yet you are so partisan you suspend reality to pretend like she's not what she plainly is.

She spoke to some KKK auxiliaries a single time and then later remarked about how stupid she thought they were. Her own quotes and actions do make her views clear though, yes. That’s why she was embraced by black leaders of her day because she fought against racism just as they did.

Only one of us is suspending reality. If you had to bet who that was would it be the person siding with black leaders of the time and professional historians or the person siding with a guy on blogspot?

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Why do minorities get so many more abortions per capita? Was Margaret Sanger. leftist champion and celebrated founder of Planned Parenthood for or against eugenics?

One question has nothing to do with the other. Margaret Sanger, however, was anti-abortion.

Nov 8, 2012
Condoms are free at planned parenthood.

That's right, I keep forgetting that.

Obviously though, I'm sure plenty just don't think about that beforehand... because you know... that's called planning. And that's what the poor suck at a lot of times.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Like it or not, abortions show a steady decline since 1981.

There's are article linked in your original OP link that talks about why.

That's good trend in general. But, the stat that more African American babies are aborted then born in NYC, and that such a large percentage of them on the whole are aborted is kind of sad and disturbing.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
That's good trend in general. But, the stat that more African American babies are aborted then born in NYC, and that such a large percentage of them on the whole are aborted is kind of sad and disturbing.

We know you love it because it gives you an excuse to rage about the racist leftists.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Well, ease your trouble mind, it's not far fetched at all. Read your politifact article and click some of the links in it

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
What barriers to contraceptives do you think are in place? Do you really think this is an education issue? I think people are just lazy and have been taught by the left that there are not consequences for actions, society will handle it on their behalf. You can get name brand condoms from Amazon for ~$17/box of 100. That's $.17 a rubber. I don't think access, education, or affordability is the issue, but that people have been conditioned to shrug off responsibility.

There's a ton of public health research on contraception, STIs, education, etc. There are quite a number of people who have woefully inadequate sexual education, especially among disadvantaged communities. Oregon, for example has given prescribing privileges for contraceptives to pharmacists. I frequently but honestly not near often enough or thoroughly enough talk about it with my patients often with serious mental illness and taking medications which might be teratogenic. Few physicians who are not OBGYNs feel comfortable doing so, and that's disturbing because if a doctor isn't comfortable bringing up your reproductive health, why is it reasonable to think the patient will be? So many don't make it to the OBGYN, and there's a cost associated with it too. There is often poor access (e.g. few Medicaid providers) for those most in need.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001