In Israel

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
The Arab majority cities do not have sirens while all the other cities do?

This brings me to this..

Do Arabs have the same rights as Jews inside Israel?
Are any Arab leaders in power inside Israel?

I know Arabs serve in the Israeli military, right?

Buck Armstrong

Platinum Member
Dec 17, 2004
Originally posted by: Aimster

I heard the same claim on the news last night, although it was simply that the sirens were not being sounded, not that the cities didn't have one. I was shocked of course, but then they interviewed an Israeli Arab who just lost two children to a Hezbollah rocket attack, and he praised Hezbollah and blamed Israel. Suddenly, I just didn't care about the damn sirens.

blackllotus

Golden Member
May 30, 2005

This brings me to this..

From what I've heard Arabs are treated as second-class citizens in Israel, but don't try to turn this into an "Israel is bad" thread because you know damn well that jews are treated poorly in Arab countries.

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
Originally posted by: blackllotus

This brings me to this..

From what I've heard Arabs are treated as second-class citizens in Israel, but don't try to turn this into an "Israel is bad" thread because you know damn well that jews are treated poorly in Arab countries.

So it makes it right for Israel to treat arabs badly?:disgust:

blackllotus

Golden Member
May 30, 2005
Originally posted by: The Green Bean

This brings me to this..

A shallow minded conclusion, but keep on believing it because naturally I couldn't have been pointing out that this whole thread is just flamebait could I?

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
1) The Israeli Arabs do not support Hezbollah. The people in that Arab majority city were blamming Israeli for not caring about them. They were not praising Hezbollah.

2) Jews do not have to stay in Arab nations if they do not want to. Israel will open their doors for them tomorrow. So your comment was just out of ignorance and not supported by any facts. Morocco has 5,000 Jews living there and I believe that is the highest for any Arab nation.

Israel has 19% of their population as Arab.

Siwy

Sep 13, 2002
The funny thing is that even Jews do not have the same rights as Orthodox Jews in Israel ~ for example they are discriminated in personal and civil status matters.

Arabs are simply second class citizens and have to put up with institutional, legal and societal discrimination. The problem will exist as long as Israel is a religious state.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
so 19% of Israel's population doesn't have the right to vote because they are Arab?
It's like the U.S 50+ years ago.

Saudi Arabia if they really wanted to.. I guess they could give every Arab inside Israel $1,000,000. That would force them to move away from the poorer neighborhoods into the richer Jewish neighborhoods. That would cause a big mess.

esskay33

Feb 9, 2005
so 19% of Israel's population doesn't have the right to vote because they are Arab?

Saudi Arabia if they really wanted to.. I guess they could give every Arab inside Israel $1,000,000. That would force them to move away from the poorer neighborhoods into the richer Jewish neighborhoods. That would cause a big mess.

Are you serious? They all have the right to vote.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: esskay33

Are you serious? They all have the right to vote.

So then what is the discrimination everyone is talking about? I'm talking about laws.

Majority discriminating against the minority cannot be blammed on the govt. of Israeli. Happens in every country.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: The Green Bean

This brings me to this..

I can guarantee you that Arabs in Isreal are treated a whole hell of a lot better than Jews in Arab countries, that is if you can find any Jews in Arab countries.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: esskay33
Short answer; They do.

The sirens don't always sound when rockets hit Haifa either.

HTH.

The reason why the sirens in Haifa aren't always ABLE to go off, is that the rockets being sent from the Hezbollah only take about 2 minutes to get to Haifa. It has nothing to do with second-class citizenship (not implying that is what you meant, more of a retort to others who think the Arab populated cities have not warning system).

linkgoron

Platinum Member
Mar 9, 2005

This brings me to this..

Muslim Arabs don't serve in the Israeli military.
Basically the discrimination of Arabs in Israel is expressed by the fact that the anthom is a song about Israel being the land of the Jews, and the fact that there are all kind of pro-jew laws Like, only jews can buy Kakal's lands (or something like that), and the Jews get automatic citizenship.

I also believe that the Sirens didn't go off because they weren't on. They were turned on afterward from what I've heard.

Oh, and the arabs got around 10 (maybe 9, something like that) seats in the Kneset last elections.

Polish3d

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Let's see. If Israel had no laws protecting Jewish majority in their land... then the larger and insanely hostile surrounding communities of arabs could just migrate in and vote the Jews out of power, maybe kill them all while they are at it.

The Jews are a minority in the region, not the arabs.

The root problem is intolerance of Jewish people, period. The desire to oppose popular (pro-Israel) opinion in the US, support the underdog regardless of their behavior, or whatever other wacky justifications leftwingers tend to come up with is well, whatever.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Frackal
Let's see. If Israel had no laws protecting Jewish majority in their land... then the larger and insanely hostile surrounding communities of arabs could just migrate in and vote the Jews out of power, maybe kill them all while they are at it.

The root problem is intolerance of Jewish people, period. The desire to oppose popular (pro-Israel) opinion in the US, support the underdog regardless of their behavior, or whatever other wacky justifications leftwingers tend to come up with is well, whatever.

Hey..wait..

I'm a lefty...far left..and I support Israel...it doesn't devide between right/left so easily :p

smack Down

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005

Why should the minority be in control.

linkgoron

Platinum Member
Mar 9, 2005
Originally posted by: smack Down

So, the Chinese should control the world?

smack Down

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005
Originally posted by: linkgoron

Nope but they should control china.

linkgoron

Platinum Member
Mar 9, 2005

Good, so the Jews should control Israel. They are the majority there...

smack Down

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005

The op said jews are a minority. I'm just going off what he said.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

The op said jews are a minority. I'm just going off what he said.

Try doing your own research, it won't hurt, promise :)