In Israel

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

linkgoron

Platinum Member
Mar 9, 2005
Originally posted by: smack Down
Originally posted by: linkgoron
Originally posted by: linkgoron
Originally posted by: Frackal
Let's see. If Israel had no laws protecting Jewish majority in their land... then the larger and insanely hostile surrounding communities of arabs could just migrate in and vote the Jews out of power, maybe kill them all while they are at it.

The Jews are a minority in the region, not the arabs.

The root problem is intolerance of Jewish people, period. The desire to oppose popular (pro-Israel) opinion in the US, support the underdog regardless of their behavior, or whatever other wacky justifications leftwingers tend to come up with is well, whatever.

Why should the minority be in control.

So, the Chinese should control the world?

Nope but they should control china.

Good, so the Jews should control Israel. They are the majority there...

The op said jews are a minority. I'm just going off what he said.

He didn't say they're a minority in Israel :confused:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Somebody put a Jewish state in the middle of the Islamic world pretty much without their say so. That has caused a lot of trouble. Lucky, I guess, for us we killed all the Indians.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Somebody put a Jewish state in the middle of the Islamic world pretty much without their say so. That has caused a lot of trouble. Lucky, I guess, for us we killed all the Indians.

Races always get conquered. It is how history always goes. :) One day we will be conquered by someone and die off.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Why are the 19% inside Israel who are Arab not attacking Israel?

This proves that Arabs are not totally against the state of Israel. Just the ones that believe Israel stole their land. Which leaves... Syria and Palestine.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: RichardE

Races always get conquered. It is how history always goes. :) One day we will be conquered by someone and die off.

No, it how history went. The future hasn't happened yet. You think according to your understanding and just because you have small feet doesn't mean humanity itself can't take big steps.

Polish3d

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Originally posted by: Frackal
Let's see. If Israel had no laws protecting Jewish majority in their land... then the larger and insanely hostile surrounding communities of arabs could just migrate in and vote the Jews out of power, maybe kill them all while they are at it.

The Jews are a minority in the region, not the arabs.

The root problem is intolerance of Jewish people, period. The desire to oppose popular (pro-Israel) opinion in the US, support the underdog regardless of their behavior, or whatever other wacky justifications leftwingers tend to come up with is well, whatever.

Why should the minority be in control.

What?

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

No, it how history went. The future hasn't happened yet. You think according to your understanding and just because you have small feet doesn't mean humanity itself can't take big steps.

You will have to forgive me if I have no faith in humanity moonbeam. Maybe I should go find Jesus, he will solve all the words mysteries for me.

Aug 14, 2001

You will have to forgive me if I have no faith in humanity moonbeam. Maybe I should go find Jesus, he will solve all the words mysteries for me.

Xenu will help you out more.

blackllotus

Golden Member
May 30, 2005

Israel would have been formed even without other countries interfering. There were hundreds of thousands of jews living in that region before Israel was formed and Israel was formed because of the large amount of violence between jews and arabs in that region. If Britain (or whoever) hadn't created Israel then the region would have descended into civil war and a jewish state would probably have formed anyways.

Siwy

Sep 13, 2002
Originally posted by: blackllotus

Israel would have been formed even without other countries interfering. There were hundreds of thousands of jews living in that region before Israel was formed and Israel was formed because of the large amount of violence between jews and arabs in that region. If Britain (or whoever) hadn't created Israel then the region would have descended into civil war and a jewish state would probably have formed anyways.

No, you got it backwards; Jews and Arabs lived in relative peace until Zionists started a movement to create their own religious state in 1900?s.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
I wonder if ports can be owned and operated by Arabs as well... hmmm. :light:

Aisengard

Golden Member
Feb 25, 2005
Originally posted by: Siwy

No, you got it backwards; Jews and Arabs lived in relative peace until Zionists started a movement to create their own religious state in 1900?s.

Sigh.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
Siwy and I know what we are talking about; Jews and Arabs both lived in the area in relative peace prior to the immigration movement compared to what has been going on since that time.

Finality

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Aimster
The Arab majority cities do not have sirens while all the other cities do?

This brings me to this..

Do Arabs have the same rights as Jews inside Israel?
Are any Arab leaders in power inside Israel?

I know Arabs serve in the Israeli military, right?

From what I've heard Arabs are treated as second-class citizens in Israel, but don't try to turn this into an "Israel is bad" thread because you know damn well that jews are treated poorly in Arab countries.

Arab countries NEVER give citizenship to non Arabs and ANY non arab is a second class citizen. Arabs treat everyone badly.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002

Arab countries NEVER give citizenship to non Arabs and ANY non arab is a second class citizen. Arabs treat everyone badly

yup, oppression is bad... except when arabs do it.
myths and facts on the treatment of jews in arab countries
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/myths2/TreatmentofJews.html

myths and facts on the human rights on the arabs in israel
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/myths2/HumanrightsIsrael.html
considering the situation they are treated far better than they would be by any other nation in that area. let alone most nations in general.

either aimster is trolling or woefully ignorant when he can't get a basic fact right like if arab israelis have the right to vote:p i'm pretty sure he'se been in other threads where this has been discussed, so either he's ignoring the truth or just being a tool.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo

Arab countries NEVER give citizenship to non Arabs and ANY non arab is a second class citizen. Arabs treat everyone badly

myths and facts on the treatment of jews in arab countries
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/myths2/TreatmentofJews.html

myths and facts on the human rights on the arabs in israel
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/myths2/HumanrightsIsrael.html
considering the situation they are treated far better than they would be by any other nation in that area. let alone most nations in general.

either aimster is trolling or woefully ignorant when he can't get a basic fact right like if arab israelis have the right to vote:p i'm pretty sure he'se been in other threads where this has been discussed, so either he's ignoring the truth or just being a tool.

Im here to learn and to compare my opinions with others.

You on the other hand waste hours on this forum trying to convince people of your BS. You believe if you convince everyone on ATOT of your hate that the entire world will be convinced.

Get a better hobby. You gain nothing. Going to watch a chick flick.. alone..has more value than that.

Siwy

Sep 13, 2002

Show me someone on this thread or even on this forum who says that oppression in Arab countries is good? Ohh wait?you can?t?

Well then?.stop inventing arguments that don?t exist and go back to your troll cave, troll.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
So we've established thus far that Arab countries are corrupt dictatorships that deny the simple notion of human rights. That is something I won't even bother to dispute.
Now the intersting thing to point out is that: we actively support MANY of these Arab dictatorships..

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
no, its not just about whats said on this forum. its about the entire mentality in the middle east. just look at it, all the outrage over oppression over rights and such nonsense when they themselves hold viscious hateful ideas on other religions, homosexuals, and oppress women. its basic hypocrisy.

You on the other hand waste hours on this forum trying to convince people of your BS. You believe if you convince everyone on ATOT of your hate that the entire world will be convinced.

Get a better hobby. You gain nothing. Going to watch a chick flick.. alone..has more value than that.

wow, aren't you enlightened. :p

you aren't really self aware are you? how about you take your own advice.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
no, its not just about whats said on this forum. its about the entire mentality in the middle east. just look at it, all the outrage over oppression over rights and such nonsense when they themselves hold viscious hateful ideas on other religions, homosexuals, and oppress women. its basic hypocrisy.

wow, aren't you enlightened. :p

you aren't really self aware are you? how about you take your own advice.

If you want to be a defender for homosexuals go take the battle to the streets of the U.S where they currently don't have the same rights as non-homosexuals. How are women in the M.E oppressed besides in Iran and SA? The M.E is far bigger than Iran and SA. You bring up religion when Israel is in itself a religious state.

Your statement was correct when you said the entire middle east because Israel is part of the middle east, but you were not including israel in that equation.

You blabber on about how Arab states do not allow non-Arabs to become citizens yet you defend Israel. ok...
Arabs sit on their ass and don't do anything. Their countries are flooded with workers who are not Arab. Giving them citizenship would make the Arab the minority or very close to it.

Yet you sit here and defend an Israel JEWISH state. Arabs are doing the exact same thing. Defending their identity. So you bring it up as a fault?

Finality

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Aimster How are women in the M.E oppressed besides in Iran and SA? The M.E is far bigger than Iran and SA. You bring up religion when Israel is in itself a religious state.

Your statement was correct when you said the entire middle east because Israel is part of the middle east, but you were not including israel in that equation.

You blabber on about how Arab states do not allow non-Arabs to become citizens yet you defend Israel. ok...
Arabs sit on their ass and don't do anything. Their countries are flooded with workers who are not Arab. Giving them citizenship would make the Arab the minority or very close to it.

Yet you sit here and defend an Israel JEWISH state. Arabs are doing the exact same thing. Defending their identity. So you bring it up as a fault?

Womens rights in Arab countries are you joking?

Read numerous court rulings, husbands can beat their wives to discipline them. In a court of law a womans word is worth half of a mans word. I could go on but the list just keeps on dragging.

Its not limited to just SA or Iran its widespread in the ENTIRE Middle East. Women have no rights in the arab world they are just a 3rd class of society.

Aisengard

Golden Member
Feb 25, 2005
In Iraq women actually had the most equality out of all the Middle East. So glad we decided to 'fix' (read: decimate) the least offensive country. People say Bush is a 'strong leader' and 'fearless,' but I think he has no spine. Just look at his policy with an actually dangerous country. You know what they say about bullies who beat up on kids who are smaller than them.

EDIT: And Aimster, you've claimed that Arabs can't vote in Israel, and you were proven wrong. How about actually respecting facts and those who provide them, instead of having a hissy fit when you're proven wrong.