Solved! Impossible to find RTX 3090?

DatOrDis

Jan 17, 2021
I'm hopeless. Looked at every single place to find just two RTX 3090s. The Saturn shop in my City says one must pre-order, and wait around 1 month. The other sells 1 for double the price. Does Nvidia gonna do something about this? Where I can look? I want to just buy 2 units. Thx.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

AmazingAl

Banned
Jan 17, 2021
I suggest you wait if you are not in a rush, ridiculously high prices atm, and MSRP drops are way limited to fulfill demands. if you don't want to wait and don't care to pay extra I recommend Bitcogames, nextwarehouse, and stockX. keep in mind prices are higher cause they have it in stock.
or you can purchase directly from China you can find suppliers from Alibaba or AliExpress and contact them. but don't forget two things, first make sure they are reputable, and second, they have inventory in stock, no backorders. they might hold your money for a month. so be careful and do it at your own risk. oh and they have some unknown brands for high-end GPU s that are 20% cheaper than known brands like MSI, Asus, etc... don't even think about those and stay away. good luck!

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
3080ti is a better card for gamers, unless u just want the best and have no defined budget.
I would honestly wait for that.

seeing how your asking for two, you do know Nvidia no longer supports SLI in gaming right?

OlyAR15

Oct 23, 2014
Here in Canada, new video cards are all but impossible to find, so when an MSI 3090 appeared on Newegg at somewhat near-MSRP price, I jumped on it, even though I was aiming for a 3080. Spent more than I wanted for a new video card, but since I bought a Reverb G2, I figured I could use all the GPU power I could get. Unfortunately, it seems like there will be no reprieve for the near future.

The same goes for CPUs too.

Reactions: CP5670 and DatOrDis

DatOrDis

Jan 17, 2021

DatOrDis

Jan 17, 2021
3080ti is a better card for gamers, unless u just want the best and have no defined budget.
I would honestly wait for that.

seeing how your asking for two, you do know Nvidia no longer supports SLI in gaming right?
I think 3080ti will be a deal breaker for sure. I've already made my order. One unit is for my friend haha. So not going to SLI and fry my motherboard Lol. Thank you for informing anyway.

DatOrDis

Jan 17, 2021
Here in Canada, new video cards are all but impossible to find, so when an MSI 3090 appeared on Newegg at somewhat near-MSRP price, I jumped on it, even though I was aiming for a 3080. Spent more than I wanted for a new video card, but since I bought a Reverb G2, I figured I could use all the GPU power I could get. Unfortunately, it seems like there will be no reprieve for the near future.

That's the main issue. I think if we take Pandemic into picture, and the ever growing obsession with PC components. The demand just going higher and higher. Which to me, is absolutely beautiful haha. Modern problems require novel solutions. Probably we will start to see Gigantic factories for CPUs and GPUs being build. I am already in peace, ordered my two units from bitcogames. But I'm sure as hell, I won't be upgrading for at least the next 5 years...

DatOrDis

Jan 17, 2021
I suggest you wait if you are not in a rush, ridiculously high prices atm, and MSRP drops are way limited to fulfill demands. if you don't want to wait and don't care to pay extra I recommend Bitcogames, nextwarehouse, and stockX. keep in mind prices are higher cause they have it in stock.
or you can purchase directly from China you can find suppliers from Alibaba or AliExpress and contact them. but don't forget two things, first make sure they are reputable, and second, they have inventory in stock, no backorders. they might hold your money for a month. so be careful and do it at your own risk. oh and they have some unknown brands for high-end GPU s that are 20% cheaper than known brands like MSI, Asus, etc... don't even think about those and stay away. good luck!
Thank your for your in-depth information. I've looked all the platforms you've mentioned. And already placed my ordered from the one most convenient for me. Any yes, few retailers required pre-order and 1 to 2 month waiting in advance. Really m8, thank you.

Reactions: AmazingAl

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004

The 3090 is actually well suited for the G2 especially if you use supersampling. The gap between the 3090 and 3080 increases at high resolutions, and getting a constant 90fps is much more important for the experience than flatscreen games. The 3080ti is basically the same card for less money, but it may not be released or easily available until the summer.

ozzy702

Golden Member
Nov 1, 2011
You can get 3090s... but you have to be willing to pay big money. Sucks, but between no supply and tariffs, the whole space sucks ass right now and everything is way overpriced. I think it's going to be well into 2022 before prices, availability and competition make custom computers somewhat sane again.

Reactions: DatOrDis

OlyAR15

Oct 23, 2014
The 3090 is actually well suited for the G2 especially if you use supersampling. The gap between the 3090 and 3080 increases at high resolutions, and getting a constant 90fps is much more important for the experience than flatscreen games. The 3080ti is basically the same card for less money, but it may not be released or easily available until the summer.
That's what I tell myself at night to ease the pain. Funny thing, I just checked Newegg, and now that same card is $400 more expensive (and out of stock), less than 2 weeks after I bought mine. Yikes. At this rate I don't know when prices are going to normalize.

Mopetar

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
3080ti is a better card for gamers
I think 3080ti will be a deal breaker for sure.

Has any solid information about the 3080 Ti come out yet? I wouldn't expect Nvidia to make an announcement until it's just about to ship so as not to Osborne the 3090, but there's also no real indication about when you'll be able to buy (at least theoretically anyways) one of these.

Given the original rumors basically pegged it as a 20 GB 3090 at $999 and this is a thread about not being able to find that card in stock, I don't see Nvidia in any kind of hurry to take a $500 haircut on a card they already can't supply enough of, so it's hard to see it coming out until summer if it does at all.

ozzy702

Golden Member
Nov 1, 2011
I doubt we'll see the 3080TI anytime soon and with the tariffs driving up prices, the six months looks abysmal for people trying to get a GPU. Either pay super inflated prices or be patient and wait until this summer.

AmazingAl

Banned
Jan 17, 2021
I doubt we'll see the 3080TI anytime soon and with the tariffs driving up prices, the six months looks abysmal for people trying to get a GPU. Either pay super inflated prices or be patient and wait until this summer.
Prices are crazy high. For example for a 3090 it varies from 1800$ up to 3000$ for th same model!!! Even 1800 is too much, can't imagine how people pay that much extra. And I feel like Nvidia does it on purpose to keep the prices high. Low supply high demand....

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Got a couple of 3090s a couple of weeks ago. Kept an EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra that I got from Amazon and sold to a friend a 3090 FE that I got at BestBuy. Follow the Discord channels and click on those notification links in a second or it's sold out. Forgot, I also had a Zotac 3090 but canceled the order from Amazon when I got the EVGA.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I think it's going to be well into 2022 before prices, availability and competition make custom computers somewhat sane again.
What if, due to obscene fiscal policy (read, "money-printing machines go brrrr"), prices NEVER normalize. That we are, in fact, right on the cusp of what will become an endless downward spiral, with hyper-inflation taking hold. We are just seeing the start of that, reflected in GPU pricing. Better invest in Bitcoin! Prices on GPUs may NEVER get better.

ozzy702

Golden Member
Nov 1, 2011
What if, due to obscene fiscal policy (read, "money-printing machines go brrrr"), prices NEVER normalize. That we are, in fact, right on the cusp of what will become an endless downward spiral, with hyper-inflation taking hold. We are just seeing the start of that, reflected in GPU pricing. Better invest in Bitcoin! Prices on GPUs may NEVER get better.

Yeah, that's certainly a possibility. I'm already heavily invested in both BTC and ETH, skewed towards ETH.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Unfortunately it's going to drive up the demand for video cards even more. Mining is so mainstream now that even WSJ is reporting on it. When people see articles like this they will go out and buy cards, even people who don't know or care about games.

I used to mine many years ago but don't bother anymore. It's become too mainstream and is difficult to scale to large levels unless you run a mining warehouse in China/Iran/etc.

DatOrDis

Jan 17, 2021

Agreed. Will be hell of a ride this year.

DatOrDis

Jan 17, 2021
Got a couple of 3090s a couple of weeks ago. Kept an EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra that I got from Amazon and sold to a friend a 3090 FE that I got at BestBuy. Follow the Discord channels and click on those notification links in a second or it's sold out. Forgot, I also had a Zotac 3090 but canceled the order from Amazon when I got the EVGA.

This is quit nice. Yes, I've already made my order. Arriving tomorrow. Does that channel as well provide other PC component for sale, which one can buy via crypto?

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
You can get 3090s... but you have to be willing to pay big money. Sucks, but between no supply and tariffs, the whole space sucks ass right now and everything is way overpriced. I think it's going to be well into 2022 before prices, availability and competition make custom computers somewhat sane again.

Yeah and with 6800XTs creeping into the $900 range and the 6900XTs now being listed at $1500 by online retailers, everything is getting crazy inflated even before it hits 3rd party scalpers.

Mopetar

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
Prices are crazy high. For example for a 3090 it varies from 1800$ up to 3000$ for th same model!!! Even 1800 is too much, can't imagine how people pay that much extra. And I feel like Nvidia does it on purpose to keep the prices high. Low supply high demand....

Nvidia aren't the ones making additional money from the higher prices so they have no incentive to keep the supply. In fact, it's just the opposite because if they could churn out enough $1,500 GPUs then everyone willing to pay $1,800 that can't find one would buy it right away. The additional markup is going to scalpers, retail outlets selling above MSRP, or the AIBs selling to retailers above MSRP, though it's mainly the scalpers absorbing most of it.

• Love
Reactions: Pohemi and DatOrDis

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com

That's depressing. Why'd you bring that up?

(sigh, been thinking this for a while, except maybe the BTC part, should have done that a couple years ago)