Discussion Impeachment

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You're not wrong, but when all the cover-ups are no longer protected, it's going to be a real shitshow.

Maybe in State court. I figure when Trump leaves he'll send out a raft of pardons, some pre-emptive, then resign so Pence can be Prez for a day to pardon him.

I'll just be happy to be rid of him & his craven crew.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Is Pelosi pulling a Biden and trying to protect the Republicans' integrity? Because this is getting really stupid fast. Complacency all the way to the election legitimizes the Republican position of doing nothing because apparently there's nothing that bad going on with the Trump admin....

Either she is playing 5D chess or something else. For the mere precedence that it sets, for the life of me I cant understand why impeachment has not already begun .. Whats the message? Crime your way to the top, in the open, at get ~3+ years before someone takes action against you? I can think of a few who would take those 3 years and do a fuckton more damage than Trump in the process.
I mean if we really think about it .. Trump is "JUST" a retarded compromised narcissistic semi psychopathic con man, in in for number one. It could have been a *real* foreign agent .. Imagine the damage an intelligent purposeful foreign agent could do in the number one spot.
So yea, impeachment, and drop the hammer on everyone involved. Hard.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
For the mere precedence that it sets, for the life of me I cant understand why impeachment has not already begun .. Whats the message?

The entire thing creates a huge problem for our politician class. You see, Trump is really rich. Rich people are not supposed to be held accountable, they are above the law. So, as you can see holding Trump accountable would put their wealthy patrons in danger, and lets not forget that a good number of the people that would actually have to do the impeachment are themselves in that privileged 'above-the-law' class. Do we really expect them to vote for something that could ultimately endanger their own immunity from consequences?

This is just one of the reasons a second civil war is inevitable. The aristocracy has once again hit the 'let them eat cake' stage of it's evolution and people like me have given up all hope that our justice system is fair.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Well looks like Trump 2020 is an acceptable possibility, business as usual. Too bad, the Dems might have shown backbone but apparently, Pelosi really is going to forbid it.

Too bad an effective third party is impossible from a practical perspective. The Big Two control all possible outcomes.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
The entire thing creates a huge problem for our politician class. You see, Trump is really rich. Rich people are not supposed to be held accountable, they are above the law. So, as you can see holding Trump accountable would put their wealthy patrons in danger...
Big difference between all the other rich people with a heavy hand funding politicians and Trump though--most of the other multi-millionaires and billionaires aren't stupid enough to actually run for President and risk exposure of any potential criminal liability--they let their 501c4's, think tanks and conservative media do all the dirty work for them. Burning Trump doesn't affect their bottom line in the least.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Well looks like Trump 2020 is an acceptable possibility, business as usual. Too bad, the Dems might have shown backbone but apparently, Pelosi really is going to forbid it.

Too bad an effective third party is impossible from a practical perspective. The Big Two control all possible outcomes.

The eternal negativity of bothsiderism.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The eternal negativity of bothsiderism.

I don’t think he’s saying both sides are equally to blame. Republicans obviously are far, far more culpable.

Democrats are doing a disservice to the country by not opening impeachment proceedings though.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
I don’t think he’s saying both sides are equally to blame. Republicans obviously are far, far more culpable.

Democrats are doing a disservice to the country by not opening impeachment proceedings though.
Pelosi and her supporters at this point don't make any damn sense.

I'm not one for jingoism, but not impeaching is certainly not patriotic behavior. And it's obviously not in keeping with their oath to the constitution.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
This is just one of the reasons a second civil war is inevitable. The aristocracy has once again hit the 'let them eat cake' stage of it's evolution and people like me have given up all hope that our justice system is fair.
First intimation I've heard of that. I gave up hope of a 2nd American revolution by 1975. All the enzymes for that were routinely being absorbed by the multi-fanged corporate beast. That's only gotten worse. The Repubs tried to scuttle Obamacare. No good deed shall go unpunished, was the message. Trump has tried to denigrate Obama whenever he could, however he could. It's in his psychological DNA.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Trump 2020 isn't acceptable business as usual for Dems at all. It's just damned near inevitable given GOP control of the Senate. There's nothing normal about Trump & McConnell at all.

So Dems are stuck wrangling with Barr & the courts to take possession of the evidence & testimony they need to actually impeach. The Mueller report is official hearsay, not evidence.

I figure we'll get there at a time of Pelosi's choosing.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I gave up hope of a 2nd American revolution by 1975

There will be no 2A revolution. No, the next civil war will be fought in the shadows. It will be a war of assassinations and market manipulation. It will be fought with computers and social media, but in the end it will be every bit as bloody when the government turn on the governed.

The Mueller report is official hearsay, not evidence.

The Mueller report is exactly what it says on the tin. It is a report about the evidence, not the evidence itself.

Mar 11, 2004

Considering he literally at one point argued that he would be forced to vote Republican even though he (allegedly) thinks they're terrible, because he just couldn't figure out the Democrats' platform (by like say, visiting the Democratic Party website? Nah too much trouble!) because they aren't constantly spouting lies and insanity in his face like the Republicans are, so he doesn't know if the Democrats would be just as bad as the (he admits terrible) Republicans, I'm not sure how you can say that. I'm not sure how you can say that. He doesn't know what Democrats stand for, as he couldn't possible be expected to base it on how they've managed things in recent history, he prefers lies to his face. Like I said, he's forced to vote Republican by the Democrats. He just also happens to be against many of the Democratic points (like gun control - if you support gun control you support rape! - not even fucking joking he literally fucking posted that shit before; oh and he's not a big fan of medicare and thusly not for medicare for all, because poor people would definitely get better mental health coverage via private insurance that they can't afford!).

So, you're right, to him they aren't equally to blame. You're wrong on the second part. He actually does believe the Democrats are the ones to blame and worse than the Republicans. This is something he's outright stated before. I knew he'd be back to this shit because its ingrained in him. He's one of those "independents" that stopped admitting that they just vote conservative so they can absolve themselves of blame and then wonders why the Democrats can't ever get anything done when they keep voting in Republicans that fuck everything up.

Serious question, have either of you brought this up with the Democrats (or Republicans if that's who your reps are)? Or do you just whine about this shit on message boards for your choice of entertainment? Which, I think you already said the latter in another thread and that you're not interested in affecting actual political change by discussing this stuff. Well have fun with your "entertainment" then.

At what point will Americans themselves take ownership of this stuff and their role in it? You want this fucking orange spray painted clown impeached? Call up your reps every single day and tell them that. Make them so sick of hearing from you on it that they do it just to get you to STFU. And make it clear to any future reps that if they dare think about doing similar disservice that they better plan on short political careers.

Reactions: ivwshane
Mar 11, 2004

Well you could stop being a lazy as usual American and try to affect change. Nah, its hopeless, better just give up.

You're right, you don't have any say in the matter at all. A 3rd party isn't going to change jack shit about the inherent behavior. Nah, let's just fucking kill ourselves I guess, at least then we'd be doing some good for the world.

Holy shit, when did Americans become such feckless fucking idiots? We deserve to lose this country if everyone is just going to cower and be as stupid as possible.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013

If it comes to pass, arguably a bigger blunder than James Buchanan.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Well you could stop being a lazy as usual American and try to affect change. Nah, its hopeless, better just give up.

You're right, you don't have any say in the matter at all. A 3rd party isn't going to change jack shit about the inherent behavior. Nah, let's just fucking kill ourselves I guess, at least then we'd be doing some good for the world.

Holy shit, when did Americans become such feckless fucking idiots? We deserve to lose this country if everyone is just going to cower and be as stupid as possible.

You must forgive him, he's a pessimist, always has been always will be.