norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
Huh? Wha? Really? You mean it costs money to build shit?

C4d57qkWQAAUoRM.jpg:large

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/11/business/dealbook/trump-economic-cabinet-gary-cohn.html?_r=0

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
You mean you can't spend money, cut taxes, AND balance the budget?
You think his voters knew that?

Reactions: Ken g6

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
You mean you can't spend money, cut taxes, AND balance the budget?

You think his voters knew that?

Honestly I think regardless of whether or not they know that, they care about it about as much as he does.

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
as soon as private industry is involved, the government isn't gonna have to pay for anything. and if something happens, they'll just write it off.

Sure, but it doesnt sound like Trump was real understanding of that either.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Honestly I think regardless of whether or not they know that, they care about it about as much as he does.
It was never about actually governing. It was always only about sticking it to the Libs.

Last edited:

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
It was never about actually governing. I was always only about sticking it to the Libs.

Bingo. Just look at the clowns on this forum who demonstrate this mentality every day. Division is the goal and these people are the party lapdogs.

Reactions: ivwshane

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make with this anecdote. Strict party alignment is divisive, regardless of which side is in question.

At the moment, one group of people seem to be a lot more impervious to facts than the others. This is what happens when you toe the line despite FUD being flung from our own government.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make with this anecdote.

Divisive, hateful, attacks on others is par the course since 2016. You lay that at the feet of one group, I laid it on the other.
Ergo, both.

Although you seem eager to take part on your "facts" spiel.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Divisive, hateful, attacks on others is par the course since 2016. You lay that at the feet of one group, I laid it on the other.
Ergo, both.

Although you seem eager to take part on your "facts" spiel.

Since 2016? Lol, now that is ignorant.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
What's next, you going to pretend people aren't claiming vengeance for the past 8 years?

You badly misunderstand the difference between vengeance and consequences. Massive obstruction by the Democrats was the inevitable result of what the Republicans did for the last eight years. Whether or not the Democrats want revenge is irrelevant, game theory dictates they respond in kind. In fact, the the only hope for cooperation in the future is massive Democratic obstruction now.

Think about it this way: Republicans responded to losing control of government by furiously obstructing everything they could, regardless of whether they agreed with the policy or not. Now Democrats are in the same position. If they DON'T return the same behavior then they tell Republicans that there are no consequences for this behavior, meaning they ensure they will do it again. There's a lot of interesting research out there on cooperative games like this one. One of the cornerstones of effective cooperation is credible retaliation. It keeps both parties honest.

The far, FAR better policy would have been for Republicans to never go down this road to begin with. We tried to warn them. It's too late for that now so our best hope is to make them realize that their behavior has consequences.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
On Dec. 12, Mr. Cohn’s new post as National Economic Council director was announced, touching off a rapid career transition that included making extensive financial disclosures, preparing to sell or forfeit an enormous amount of Goldman stock and walling himself off from pending matters that could have posed a conflict of interest.
- Heeeeheeee, not building the wall at this point will not compute with Cheif Voldemorts ego ... something will fizzle, he will have a stroke or something.