I'm gonna introduce you all to a friend of mine and ....

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
I always find people weirdly unselfaware when they are both a follower of nationalist politics where the leader targets foreigners and people of other religions and they also live in a country where, if the same type of politics were enacted, they would be the ones being persecuted.
Tell me one simple thing.

How does Modi target foreigners and people of other religions?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
He is a waste of time and space. On to other things.
I believe that every human being was born destined to love all things. Many a bigot has made his way to the joy that comes with such freedom. It can happen when we, for chance reasons, one is driven to discover that the 'other' is not the evil we were given to believe. My gay hating uncle turned out to love his gay daughter and abandon his hatred of gays.

Reactions: cytg111

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
The same way other leaders do, nationalism.
So wait, nationalism is evil?

Are all patriots evil?

By the way still waiting for Welshbloke to tell me how Modi targets foreigners and people of other religions?

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
Can't benign forms of nationalism exist?

Also the Western concept of nationalism might be very different than the eastern concept.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So wait, nationalism is evil?

Are all patriots evil?

By the way still waiting for Welshbloke to tell me how Modi targets foreigners and people of other religions?
Remember when you made a thread inviting criticism of Modi and then when you got it you declared all critical sources wrong and biased, threw around a bunch of insults and then ran away?

Lol.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
White nationalists are not benign.

Christion nationalists are not benign.
My point is Nationalism is needed for India to survive. Europe tastes just one version of our situation where there is only Russia. India is surrounded by Pakistan (a terror sponsor and nuclear power) and China, (another Nuclear Power) on the other side. Without Nationalism, India would be a baby thrown to the wolves in our part of the world.

Nationalism may be superfluous for a country like US, no wonder you guys feel you can dispense the same. After all, you only have Canada and Mexico as other countries to deal at the end of your world.

Last edited:

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
Remember when you made a thread inviting criticism of Modi and then when you got it you declared all critical sources wrong and biased, threw around a bunch of insults and then ran away?

Lol.
I remember you didn't answer my questions either time. So I asked Welshbloke, how is Modi harming foreigners and people of other religion in India? You never did and so does he not.

I ask where is he doing these evil deeds today?

I guess I can ask this to you too. So fskimospy. What action of Modi is evil?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I remember you didn't answer my questions either time. So I asked Welshbloke, how is Modi harming foreigners and people of other religion in India? You never did and so does he not.

I ask where is he doing these evil deeds today?

I guess I can ask this to you too. So fskimospy
No, you made a thread saying you would respond to criticism of Modi and then didn't respond to criticism of Modi other than insults and declaring every critical source unacceptable.

Regardless, here's a law passed under Modi explicitly discriminating against Muslims.

Reactions: Meghan54 and Pohemi

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Then why stick around here if the forum, as some fantasized entity in itself, supports Hamas? Do you have any evidence of this? No? Didn't think so.

@Braznor When are you going to answer these questions above?

So you have no problem repeatedly ignoring questions posed to you, but stomp your feet like a child if someone doesn't answer yours. You have no interest in honest discussion, you made that clear long ago.

Fuck outta here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meghan54

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
No, you made a thread saying you would respond to criticism of Modi and then didn't respond to criticism of Modi other than insults and declaring every critical source unacceptable.

Regardless, here's a law passed under Modi explicitly discriminating against Muslims.

So India can be another center of illegal immigration?

India has already paid the price once already? While our neighbors commit genocide against Non Muslims?

What you advocate for is an insidious agenda can fast track the destruction of my country in this side of the world.

India deserves its own space and territory. We had already paid for the partition once in blood. We will not allow cut ourselves.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
My point is Nationalism is needed for India to survive. Europe tastes just one version of our situation where there is only Russia. India is surrounded by Pakistan (a terror sponsor and nuclear power) and China, (another Nuclear Power) on the other side. Without Nationalism, India would be a baby thrown to the wolves in our part of the world.
India did just fine as a pluralistic society for seventy years with those same neighbors? What changed?

Reactions: Pohemi

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
@Braznor When are you going to answer these questions above?

So you have no problem repeatedly ignoring questions posed to you, but stomp your feet like a child if someone doesn't answer yours. You have no interest in honest discussion, you made that clear long ago.

Fuck outta here.
Kya Forum tera baap ka hai kya?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So India can be another center of illegal immigration?

India has already paid the price once already? While our neighbors commit genocide against Non Muslims?

What you advocate for is an insidious agenda can fast track the destruction of my country in this side of the world.

India deserves its own space and territory. We had already paid for the partition once in blood. We will not allow cut ourselves.
Okay so in other words you admit India is discriminating against people based on their religion, you just think that's a good thing.

Reactions: Pohemi

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
You think two Hindus may have the same beliefs? That is the biggest mistake you guys might be making. Hinduism is wide and diverse.
Okay so in other words you admit India is discriminating against people based on their religion, you just think that's a good thing.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
The bill did nothing to disrupt the situation on the ground apart from the hands of the malcontents who went on the riot on the day of its implementation.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You think two Hindus may have the same beliefs? That is the biggest mistake you guys might be making. Hinduism is wide and diverse.
This is a nonsensical statement that has nothing to do with my point. India under Modi is discriminating against people based on their religion. That is the opposite of pluralistic.

Reactions: Meghan54 and Pohemi

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The bill did nothing to disrupt the situation on the ground apart from the hands of the malcontents who went on the riot on the day of its implementation.
The bill explicitly carves out Muslims for worse treatment than all other religions. This is a fact.

When confronted with it your response was 'religious discrimination is good'.

Reactions: Meghan54