Im calling out tweakboy!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Giving Tweak a week off could be a disaster. If he's not here posting, whose computer will he be secretly overclocking?

Yours could be next!

True story:

"I came home one night to my 3770k, i started to play crysis and it kept bluescreening, then i noticed a burning smell... Hardware monitor said my cpu was at 98*C and using 1.75vcore! Someone had secretly overclocked my chip to 5.4ghz! Who did this!?!

My 3770k died a few days later, geek squad say it was bad weather that killed it but i know how it really died! It was secret overclocking. I just wanted to share this story to raise awareness of secret overclocking and what can happen...
"

Actual testimonial from an AT forum member who wishes to remain anonymous for fear of more secret overclocking reprisals.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
I can imagine him getting pissed off at an ATM for taking too long, breaking it open to overclock it and paint the PCB a faster color, and ending up getting 7 years or so.

You did this anandtech!

ShadowVVL

May 1, 2010
Seems tweakboy has become the next big anandtech celebrity.

He receives his award next week.

Yours could be next! True story: "I came home one night to my 3770k, i started to play crysis and it kept bluescreening, then i noticed a burning smell... Hardware monitor said my cpu was at 98*C and using 1.75vcore! Someone had secretly overclocked my chip to 5.4ghz! Who did this!?! My 3770k died a few days later, geek squad say it was bad weather that killed it but i know how it really died! It was secret overclocking. I just wanted to share this story to raise awareness of secret overclocking and what can happen..." Actual testimonial from an AT forum member who wishes to remain anonymous for fear of more secret overclocking reprisals.
I believe you!
Next cpu I buy will be of the non-k variant

T_Yamamoto

Lifer
Jul 6, 2011
I can imagine him getting pissed off at an ATM for taking too long, breaking it open to overclock it and paint the PCB a faster color, and ending up getting 7 years or so.

You did this anandtech!

He won't know how to over clock an ARM chip though.

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
Boo, so the star of this thread wont be back for a week :(

lol that is a good thing.

Maybe you should friend him on facebook so you can keep him updated on what he is missing.

That is of course if his dad allows him to accept your friend request :D

podspi

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2011
Am I the only one who this thread is making uncomfortable? Personal attacks are against the rules of this forum, and this thread is basically one huge attack thread. It isn't clear to me everybody is laughing with here...

LoveMachine

May 8, 2012
Agreed. Although Tweak's posts were rambling and difficult to decipher, or just flat out wrong, he was generally polite (with some exceptions). This thread has now become a bullying session.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Tweakboy is right about Biostar. I would never get a Biostar board. EPoX was good early on. I had a socket 7 board made by them that did great. Tweakboy's banning seems a bit hash. I've seen worse on these forums with no repercussions. Thanks and good luck!

sequoia464

Feb 12, 2003
Am I the only one who this thread is making uncomfortable? Personal attacks are against the rules of this forum, and this thread is basically one huge attack thread. It isn't clear to me everybody is laughing with here...

I full on agree.

Also agree with LoveMachines comments; I have made some idiotic posts in the past (try to keep them to a minimum these days), but at least when I was corrected it was done respectfully.

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
Tweakboy does not respond well to callouts. I have done this many times and he has not once responded.

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
Tweakboy is right about Biostar. I would never get a Biostar board. EPoX was good early on. I had a socket 7 board made by them that did great. Tweakboy's banning seems a bit hash. I've seen worse on these forums with no repercussions. Thanks and good luck!

I don't think its harsh with so many complaints from so many people and all the infractions.

This is the first week i've been on the forum and haven't had to see his post that don't make any sense.

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
It is a funny business when you can re-sell your company as many times as you like. The company was already sold to the public, and yet they just diluted the value of the existing shareholders in exchange for more cash for themselves.

How would you like it if I sold you my car, took your money, and then sold (your) car again to another buyer? In any other line of business that would be called fraud...but on wallstreet it is just called "dilution" :rolleyes:

This BoD really knows how to unlock shareholder value :\

I was so so tempted to start shorting AMD stock... but I avoided it because I never dealt with stocks before (since I refuse to gamble).
I regret my choice not to short AMD now...

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004

This thread is about AMD's bit of good news thats apparently massively out of date.

There are no personal attacks here, just a bit of fun :) I for one think tweakboys posts tend to add a bit of color to discussions.

My 939 epox was part of the most unstable rig i ever owned, bluescreens galore. I guess by 939 the wheels fell off and their quality hit rock bottom.

OVerLoRDI

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Yours could be next!

True story:

"I came home one night to my 3770k, i started to play crysis and it kept bluescreening, then i noticed a burning smell... Hardware monitor said my cpu was at 98*C and using 1.75vcore! Someone had secretly overclocked my chip to 5.4ghz! Who did this!?!

My 3770k died a few days later, geek squad say it was bad weather that killed it but i know how it really died! It was secret overclocking. I just wanted to share this story to raise awareness of secret overclocking and what can happen...
"

Actual testimonial from an AT forum member who wishes to remain anonymous for fear of more secret overclocking reprisals.

you need more ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and .................... in that.

gl

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
I don't think its harsh with so many complaints from so many people and all the infractions.

This is the first week i've been on the forum and haven't had to see his post that don't make any sense.

It's pretty harsh. He's not a bad guy, and when you think he's wrong then point it out. gl

MrTransistorm

May 25, 2003
It's pretty harsh. He's not a bad guy, and when you think he's wrong then point it out. gl
Most of the time when you try to correct him he simply doesn't respond. When he does respond, he sometimes throws a tantrum.

I wouldn't mind his nonsensical posts if that was all they were. They become a big problem when he offers horrible advice to people who don't know about his track record.

T_Yamamoto

Lifer
Jul 6, 2011
Most of the time when you try to correct him he simply doesn't respond. When he does respond, he sometimes throws a tantrum.

I wouldn't mind his nonsensical posts if that was all they were. They become a big problem when he offers horrible advice to people who don't know about his track record.

1k budget for PC?
Get vishera

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Folks, please, asking nicely as one member to another, this is just not the time or place to speak negatively of any fellow forum member.

Let's keep things positive and supportive. None of us have walked the proverbial mile in tweakboy's shoes, we know nothing of the challenges he has faced or continues to face in real life.

If you feel yourself to be superior to him, count your blessings and bring that superiority to bear by means of showing some charity and posting words of encouragement instead of leveraging your advantage simply as a means to further his presumed burdens by way of demeaning, castigating, or belittling him.

Compassion is a measure of intelligence, lets show some.

Status
Not open for further replies.