i'm a complete fool [updated]

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
based on his post history, he's pretty sure white people are gangstalking him all the time

it's more psychopathic

He knows. It's still racist to attribute the imagined behavior to "white people" as if harassing him is something that goes along with being white. By pointing it out, he hopes to get BD to re-evaluate his ridiculous assumption on the basis that it would be a racist thing to claim in the first place.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
next update wednesday. and no mayne, i'm not gonna pm you - that would only make things worse.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Wow! And I thought well... my life sucked. That SUCKS!

Sorry to hear. Hope you find something soon.

Dude111

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2010
DigDog said:
since i have resigned, i am also unable to claim any unemployment; gonna lose my house and will probably have to move out of the country; getting hired in under 4 weeks by *anyone* seems unlikely.

Wow Im so sorry Dig..... You should not have quit UNTIL THE OTHER JOB WAS STABLISED!!

I do hope you can get your original job back!!! -- I will say a prayer now
icon7.gif

Good luck!!

May 13, 2009
Good luck. I actually did something stupid and just up and quit my last job. Took a month and a half but I found a job that I now really like. In fact the new job is the best one I've ever had.

dr150

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2003
OP,
If you ain't troll baiting with that story. Go see the owners. Even if it's in the parking lot. Do this ASAP.

Explain you quit your job to take on this job and you're already jobless.

IF that doesn't work, try (beg!!) to get your old job back. See your ex-boss (take him out to dinner and invent some family story why you had to quit and don't need to now) and also see HR that you don't need to quit now. NOTHING is set is stone so work it out. Even go see the boss of your boss if you aren't getting any sympathy from your direct boss.

Do these steps ASAP (i.e. yesterday) as mission critical timing is everything in your situation. The longer you wait, the more this shitstorm will freeze over and become unsalvageable!

GOOD Luck. And next time, sign contracts, before quitting jobs!

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
My advice: turn your back on those two loser jobs and find one you really like. Consider this an opportunity to find a job you love and never have it feel as work ever. Look outside your skills too, learning something new is better then doing the same old boring jobs.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
no real update yet, i might fall back to some language work (stuff like italian speaking collections officer or italian admin), there's a couple listings i've applied for that actually pay more (£22k vs £18k) ..

thing is, i really wanted to move on to sales/marketing; this is pretty much the same thing which prevents me from crawling back to my bank bosses to ask for my "old job back". (dont freak out, hear me first)

i'm going on 44, i'm tired of dead end jobs. in the bank job, it takes me an average of 9 minutes to process a file, it takes everyone else 30-35min, how i do not know. same as the IBM call center, being good doesn't increase my pay. i ended my 2 year stint with some of the best numbers in the whole centre, in some cases 10x, such as having 3 mistakes per month vs 30 average. (everything counts, even typos).
I wanted to progress to something which has a career potential, where i might one day sell half-million contracts and get a decent cut. Plus, i love technology and it would have been my thing.

Now, it's important to mention that my bank job cannot "take me back", what they could do is hire me again, because there is a process of creating and deleting admin access to the ID of the worker which requires the full hiring process to go through - five weeks. For a job i never wanted in the first place, that i can honestly barely tolerate, and it would have been made even worse by my going back and having to face ridicule from everyone (i didnt burn any bridges though).

I'm really frustrated. First i had a fucking bureaucratic mistake in the 80s that kept me out of college for 3 years; then audio as a job pretty much disappeared with DAWs making it stupid easy for anyone to produce music in their bedroom. I was making money around 2000 being an entrapreneur which was fine until the 2k bubble made cash disappear from the face of the planet. i'v spent 15 years trying to make something out of myself in the conventional way, by working diligently, and i keep getting kicked in the balls by life. I dedicate 0% of my time to bullshit and focus on work like i have no life, and still zero results - my bank account is near zero, i don't have a car, nor a house. To top it off, i've studied either music production (which is now worthless) or the classic (which people don't even fucking know what they are); for a kid that at 17 was reading Das Kapital or The Leviathan of its own accord, i sure managed to not make anything out of myself.

Also .. i don't mean to be a dick, but that thing "do something you like" really does depend on whether or not those in charge of said thing will let me do it. I don't know if i just have a no-face or maybe i smell funny, but i've always seen random people get the promotion / new team / raise even when demonstrably incompetent. In IBM a girl who started with me was made my supervisor despite the fact that she though using colors, or altering the width of a cell in Excel would make the files incompatible (i kid you not; and Excel was what 50% of our job rotated around).
At one time, i even applied for a shitty job working on a cruise ship, $1200/mo, but doing sound engineering, which i thought "awesome, this will get my life back on track" and despite how badly i wanted the job, i was not hired.
(apparently, based on the fact that i had worked with 32 tracks and not 128, which anyone who knows, would know it's the same.fucking.thing)

Last edited:

cnadshc

Apr 11, 2016
chongnanggiare.com
had the fourth interview for a job 3 weeks ago, spoke first to the recruiter and then to the company owners; both specifically said "you are confirmed for the 11th".
handed in my resignation to my current job, got the confirmation today that my IDs are getting shut down on the 12th.

just spoke to the recruiter who denies ever offering me the position.

since i have resigned, i am also unable to claim any unemployment; gonna lose my house and will probably have to move out of the country; getting hired in under 4 weeks by *anyone* seems unlikely.
well there's always manwhoring :sneaky:

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Good luck man.

TBH, I don't know what to say. Maybe a lawsuit against the recruiter? I'd sit down and figure out my options. It might seem bleak now, but it will all work out in the end. Take this incident as a learning experience.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
The funny thing is, i applied for a job via reed, it went through the same recruitment agency, they called me and didn't know who i was. super-professional.

Humpy

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2011
At one time, i even applied for a shitty job working on a cruise ship, $1200/mo, but doing sound engineering, which i thought "awesome, this will get my life back on track" and despite how badly i wanted the job, i was not hired.
(apparently, based on the fact that i had worked with 32 tracks and not 128, which anyone who knows, would know it's the same.fucking.thing)

Those additional 96 channels of cowbell are a whole new ballgame that you just weren't ready for. :)

Markbnj

Elite Member <br>Moderator Emeritus
Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
GOOD Luck. And next time, sign contracts, before quitting jobs!

Almost nobody will do a binding agreement for positions below senior management level. And as others have noted most states are "at-will" so there are really never any guarantees. But if you have an offer letter from a legit company it's very, very rare to have them not come through with the gig.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
at my age? who's gonna pay the rent?

i mean, i love school. i would live in school if i could, studying is my thing, but i can't afford that anymore, i need to feed myself and stay alive. i don't have family or friends to rely on.

james1701

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2007
I don't know about where you are at, but there are a ton of unemployment benefits for people that seek education that helps pay the bills while you are in school.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
I don't know about where you are at, but there are a ton of unemployment benefits for people that seek education that helps pay the bills while you are in school.

If they supported your mid-life non-student lifestyle then no one would ever leave school.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Two words: Fat chick. Assuming you put out and provide good orgasms, has to be a fat chick somewhere you will take you in and support you until you find that which is promised. Until that point, you'd have warmth in the winter and shade in the summer, plus room and board.

Also, personally I'd not rehire someone who quit after two months because he thought he had a better job. But if there's a boss who's high enough up who will actually listen to you, you might try explaining that you never wanted to leave, but you were bored out of your skull because it takes you nine minutes to do a file and you typically do twelve a day.

Good luck.

Dude111

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2010
DigDog said:
thing is, i really wanted to move on to sales/marketing; this is pretty much the same thing which prevents me from crawling back to my bank bosses to ask for my "old job back". (dont freak out, hear me first)
I read your whole reply and I do understand buddy!! :)

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
well, here is the update.

i had my request for unemployment accepted, with reserve - they said in a few months something might come up regarding the fact that i quit, rather than being dismissed, but apparently that's not a common thing and i should be ok.
this means at least, i won't be homeless. wow.

still living with no money, which sux, mostly because in 10 years of diligent work i managed to barely qualify for office entry jobs.

i applied for the same job at the leads generation company through another agency, but when i told them i had already interviewd (successfully, and have been shortlisted), they said they cannot represent me, no matter what, as the previous agency still holds teh agreement, even if i get release papers from them saying they no longer represent me.

(i have another interview queued for yet the same job, different agency, this time i'm not saying shit)

also, one guy who i used to work with (not the brightest fellow, but ok) and that i recommended to apply for the same job, was fucking hired in the first round; i obviously asked him to bring my CV to HR, but he's such an unreliable person i doubt anything will happen.

tried to call my first agency, they are all out for a week doing god knows what, then it's the weekend, then they will be all backed up, idk when i will be able to speak to them. these guys might have a beautiful office in central glasgow, but fuck me are they unprofessional, i leave them 6 phone messages and 2 emails over ten days and do not get a single call or email back.