if you turned into a monster..would you rather be a zombie, vampire, or werewolf?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: MajinWade
Well, since Vampires and Warewolfs go to hell or cease to exist when they die, I'd rather be a zombie since it wouldn't really be me anyway. That and it would be easy for the people I know to be safe around a zombie.

normal people just cease to exist when they die also

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Werewolves are cool, but the cooler vampire interpretations win the day.

daniel49

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2005
zombie, after 2 years of graveyard shift work, it would not be that much of a stretch for me.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Vampire by a longshot. Eternal life, other than a few possible mishaps.

Zombies smell and are too obsessed with fresh brains to get any ladies.

Werewolves are too hairy and are too obsessed with eating human flesh to get any ladies. They also rarely remember what they do. OTOH, I suppose the forgetting part isn't too bad, certainly would cut down on guilt and there's the added benefit of having a relatively normal life between Full moons. Another advantage is who is going to actually believe you are a werewolf and use a silver bullet to take you out? hmmmm

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
Originally posted by: sandorski

Werewolves are too hairy and are too obsessed with eating human flesh to get any ladies. They also rarely remember what they do. OTOH, I suppose the forgetting part isn't too bad, certainly would cut down on guilt and there's the added benefit of having a relatively normal life between Full moons. Another advantage is who is going to actually believe you are a werewolf and use a silver bullet to take you out? hmmmm

That's the thing though, you really need to know which lore you're following (seriously, could this get any nerdier?). You have the Underworld style where older werewolves were able to control their transformation and remain cognizant. They're also immortal.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Strk
Originally posted by: sandorski

That's the thing though, you really need to know which lore you're following (seriously, could this get any nerdier?). You have the Underworld style where older werewolves were able to control their transformation and remain cognizant. They're also immortal.

Some of you certainly are trying! :p :D

Good point though. Perhaps we need other threads to agree on what the actual attributes of each are! :D

bondboy

Apr 2, 2005
No contest. Vampire all the way. Zombies' are brainless grunts, smell bad, and have horrible taste in food. Werewolves are powerful, but in wolf form, they are unable to control their actions, therefore, that power is useless. Vampires got class, got powers, and get all the ladies :)

The sunlight thing would be a bit of a drag, but I've always preferred the night anyway.

Shadowknight

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
Well, you have to remember that going by Dracula vampires don't actually die from being in sunlight - they just get weaker. All in all though, I'd rather be a werewolf. Werewolves get the healing factor that makes them immune to permanent damage by anything but silver - you can come back from just about anything. With a vampire or zombie, if you get an arm ripped off or get an eye gouged out, you're stuck being maimed for the rest of your immortal life.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
I'm with the OP on this one, vampire would rock but werewolf has the edge.

newParadigm

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Shadowknight
Well, you have to remember that going by Dracula vampires don't actually die from being in sunlight - they just get weaker. All in all though, I'd rather be a werewolf. Werewolves get the healing factor that makes them immune to permanent damage by way of silver - you can come back from just about anything. With a vampire or zombie, if you get an arm ripped off or get an eye gouged out, you're stuck being maimed for the rest of your immortal life.

Yeah, I'd have to agree with ShadowKnight on this one. Plus, as others have said, Underworld lore shows that older Werewolfs can control their powers, so at that point, you'd basically be invincible...in retrospect of just seeing X3, you'd be kinda like Wolverine.

VanTheMan

Golden Member
Apr 23, 2000
I guess it would depend on where the lore is coming from, but I think I would go with vampire. In some lore, vampires get healing factor and in some lore werewolves are immortal just like vampires. I don't think I'd want to be forced to change into a big, hairy beast to utilize my powers, though.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Originally posted by: VanTheMan
I guess it would depend on where the lore is coming from, but I think I would go with vampire. In some lore, vampires get healing factor and in some lore werewolves are immortal just like vampires. I don't think I'd want to be forced to change into a big, hairy beast to utilize my powers, though.

I'd rather be a big hairy beast than a skinny goth hmfg.

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Baked
Vampire. But only if Kate Beckinsale's my mistress.

Hell yea that's what I'm thinking.

First off, they're all pretty much immortal, but vampires get all the hot chicks. Zombies fall apart and brainless so rule that out. Werewolves... I don't know, vampires are just cooler after Underworld.

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Originally posted by: HamburgerBoy
Originally posted by: VanTheMan

I'd rather be a big hairy beast than a skinny goth hmfg.

hmfg=?

homofag?